more ยป" />

Puppy Sitting

by Meghann on November 27, 2011

Good Morning. ๐Ÿ™‚

Derek and I are puppy sitting this weekend.

Meet Ziggy, Derek’s brother’s pit bull.

Look at that face!

Ziggy is about as sweet as sweet can get. He doesn’t climb on the furniture, he listens when you tell him to lay down, and he cuddles with the best of them. We’re happy to watch him anytime. ๐Ÿ™‚

This morning I took both Ziggy and Maddie out for a mile walk around the neighborhood, then I dropped the two of them off for a solo 3 mile run. It was a nice quiet run that took me just over 25 minutes to complete.

Breakfast

Yes, cereal. I missed it. ๐Ÿ™‚

In the bowl:

• 1/2 cup Honey Chex
  • 1/2 cup Kashi Go Lean
  • 1/2 Apple
  • Lemon Chobani

And on this last day of Thanksgiving break, it’s time to CLEAN!

Wish us luck!

1 Sara @my less serious life November 27, 2011 at 10:29 am

whenever i don’t have cereal for a few days i always find myself really missing it. so, i don’t blame you for diving into a bowl today!
Sara @my less serious life recently posted..my less serious day: thanks a lot

2 Amanda November 27, 2011 at 10:36 am

Ziggy has such a sweet face. It’s a shame that breed gets such a bad rep.

I spent a good chunk of yesterday cleaning. Not the most fun way to spend a Saturday, but I feel so much better now that it’s out of the way!
Amanda recently posted..Spiced Apple Cider Sorbet

3 Gabby (Quest for Delicious) November 27, 2011 at 10:46 am

That dog is crazy cute. Good luck on cleaning!
Gabby (Quest for Delicious) recently posted..Babycakes cafe

4 irunthere4iam November 27, 2011 at 11:01 am

Ziggy is so cute! They do get a bad rap.
irunthere4iam recently posted..HBBC Update

5 Army Amy* November 27, 2011 at 11:04 am

Ziggy is so cute! I bet y’all looked so cute running together with big Ziggy and little Maddie!*
Army Amy* recently posted..NYD Training: T-Minus 5 Weeks

6 megan November 27, 2011 at 11:07 am

Ziggy is so cute! Sly (my pit) and Zig sound like a dog show. they would be a hit! sooo cute ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚ I love it.

7 Leslie November 27, 2011 at 11:14 am

You and Derrick are pet sitting, not our.
I am considering giving up reading your blog because I feel that you don’t care enough about your readers to do a better job of proof reading. With a little more effort you could be great. Not sure if your willing to put forth the effort. Not sure I will stick around much longer waiting to see if you do.

8 Sarah November 27, 2011 at 12:34 pm

“Not sure if your willing to put forth the effort” I think you meant YOU’RE not YOUR! If you are going to criticize proofreading, you had better do your own proofreading! Or maybe Leslie will now realize how easy it is to make a grammatical mistake.

9 Sana November 27, 2011 at 12:37 pm

Hahaha! I love it when people make mistakes pointing out another mistake.
Sana recently posted..Women With Real Figures Shop Here Too

10 Cait's Plate November 27, 2011 at 11:16 am

Good luck! I’m avoiding that at all costs! Haha
Cait’s Plate recently posted..A Perfect Morning

11 kathleen @ the daily crumb November 27, 2011 at 11:51 am

i’m right there with ya on the cleaning agenda… our house looks like a tornado came through! have a great sunday ๐Ÿ™‚
kathleen @ the daily crumb recently posted..low key living.

12 Katie @ Peace Love and Oats November 27, 2011 at 11:53 am

I puppy sat for my brother last week! Although my building doesn’t allow dogs so I had to stay at their apartment… Lol made it a little more difficult. But still fun!
Katie @ Peace Love and Oats recently posted..Family Weekend Tidbits

13 Leslie November 27, 2011 at 1:02 pm

Yes I did make a mistake using your instead of you’re. Typing on phone, what can I say. My profession is not writing. Meghann is trying to make her living as a professional writer. I feel that she should be held to a higher standard. Her writing, grammar & word usage is often poorly executed. By continuing to read, I tell her and her sponsors this is ok. I vote for quality by clicking to read or not.

14 Meghann November 27, 2011 at 1:45 pm

Leslie, thank you for letting me know of the mistake. I’ve corrected the error to ‘are’. I read through the post before publishing, but I must have missed that one. ๐Ÿ™‚ I’ve found my errors tend to be higher on weekends when I’m trying to publish in a hurry. I know it’s not ok to continue to have errors, but please know I’m trying my best to improve. I promise. ๐Ÿ™‚

15 Leslie November 27, 2011 at 2:07 pm

Love you Meghann! Thx for your response. I am happy to know your working on this. We all make mistakes. I Love your energy and have always enjoyed reading.

16 Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife November 27, 2011 at 5:02 pm

It is: “know you’RE working on this” ๐Ÿ™‚ Just a friendly reminder. hehe.

I actually love cleaning with the husband as well–feels OH so good!
Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife recently posted..Focus On: Pushups

17 mel November 27, 2011 at 7:31 pm

Nerd alert….but whenever you could replace “you are”, it’s you’re, not your. Easy to remember!!

Random comment but I LOVE LOVE pit bulls. They are the best breed ever. I have one and he is the most loving little man in the world!

18 Corey @ Learning Patience November 27, 2011 at 2:10 pm

Such a cute doggie!
Have a wonderful day Meghann….it always amazes me to see critical comments – I think you do a fabulous job – Keep up the great work girl!
xoxo from Trinidad
Corey @ Learning Patience recently posted..Giving Thanks – Week 22

19 Lisa (bakebikeblog) November 27, 2011 at 3:44 pm

awww that is one cute puppy face!
Lisa (bakebikeblog) recently posted..Pregnancy Update – Week 25

20 Joelle (On A Pink Typewriter) November 27, 2011 at 5:02 pm

That puppy is so cute! Look at that sad little face, aw!
Joelle (On A Pink Typewriter) recently posted..Sunday back in D.C.

21 Joyce @ Jranola Joyce November 27, 2011 at 7:33 pm

Aww cute puppy!

22 Marissa Elliot November 27, 2011 at 9:21 pm

are you eating a lot less lately on purpose? I’ve noticed that you seen to be cutting way back on calories in the AM. I know you are trying to up your protein, but in the process are you cutting back on cals?

23 Meghann November 28, 2011 at 8:56 am

I haven’t been cutting back on calories, per se, but I am working on portion control with how carb heavy my breakfasts tend to be. I’m find balance between carbs and protein.

24 Michelle@SFTS November 27, 2011 at 10:22 pm

Awwww! So cute!! Hope Maddie isn’t getting too jealous ๐Ÿ™‚

25 Kelly November 28, 2011 at 12:49 am

Very cute. I think it’s a good reminder that with training most dogs, including ‘bully breeds’ have the potential to be really good, well behaved dogs. I know people tend to blame the dog and the breed, but I think a lot of it (for better or worse) comes down to us humans taking the time and being consistent. I know the behaviors I’ve worked consistently with my dog on he is fantastic things, and places were I have been lax, it shows.