more ยป" />

Turkey Trot

by Meghann on November 24, 2011

Gobble. Gobble.

IMG_1959.JPG

Ten Thanksgiving miles are done. Time to eat! ๐Ÿ˜‰

Kelly, Ben, and I were up early this morning for a little stroll around my parents’ small town. I love any chance to run with my siblings and it’s nice to know I’m not the only one crazy enough to wake up early on a holiday to run double digits. We’re all just a bunch of crazies around here. ๐Ÿ˜‰

I toasted half of a cinnamon bagel with a smear of nutella for a pre-run snack.

IMG_1954.JPG

The run was great. We took my favorite 10 mile loop and enjoyed the quiet streets and semi-cool air. We discussed future races, Thanksgiving food, and plans for the holidays. It’s so cliche, but the 10 miles really did fly by.

I’m always a little sad that Titusville doesn’t host an annual Turkey Trot or official Thanksgiving race, but I’ve come to realize I don’t need an official 5k or 10k to make my Thanksgiving complete. I’ve got my family, a good route, and have spent no money out of pocket on a race fee. Our Annual Anderson Turkey Trot is just fine for me. ๐Ÿ™‚

Oh, and the run was the perfect chance to test out my newly hemmed Lululemon shirt.

IMG_1961.jpg

THANK YOU to all the commenters who informed me that Lululemon offers FREE alterations on all of their clothing. I brought back my Spin Me tank after the Savannah marathon to be hemmed and the ladies at the Tampa Lululemon Showroom were super sweet about pinning it to the length I wanted and submitting it to their seamstress.

IMG_1963.jpg

The shirt was ready a week later and was the perfect fit. The hem didn’t even look like it had been altered.

IMG_1965.jpg

The best part was the shirt stayed where it was supposed to without doing that awkward bunching thing that tends to happen with their longer shirts on me. I will definitely be taking advantage of this service in the future. ๐Ÿ™‚

My Dad made up a great post-run breakfast.

IMG_1966.jpg

Homemade hashbrowns, scrambled eggs and toast.

IMG_1976.JPG

Basically everything I was craving, but I didn’t know I was craving until I started to dig in. Yum. ๐Ÿ™‚

Our kitchen is bursting at the seams with people prepping, cooking, and eating. It smells so good! Thanksgiving is only a couple hours away and I can’t wait to dig in.

Have a great Thanksgiving everyone!

1 Caroline November 24, 2011 at 10:43 am

What a great way to start off Thanksgiving. Have a great Thanksgiving, and enjoy the time with your family!
Caroline recently posted..Turkey Trot 2011 Recap

2 Cait's Plate November 24, 2011 at 10:43 am

I LOVE a nice run with my siblings, there’s nothing better ๐Ÿ™‚

Good job on the 10 miles! I was thinking I’d be awesome if I got out and did 3! Haha.
Cait’s Plate recently posted..Happy Thanksgiving!

3 Samantha @ Bikini Birthday November 24, 2011 at 10:45 am

Happy Thanksgiving!

4 Dori November 24, 2011 at 11:27 am

The shirt looks great! Now that I see the back of your skirt, we definitely have different ones. Yours is very cute. Happy Thanksgiving!
Dori recently posted..Post-Marathon Musings

5 Katie @ Peace Love and Oats November 24, 2011 at 12:39 pm

lol 10 miles, I feel like a wimp! Haha I did a 5K Turkey Trot with my dad! Glad you had fun with your siblings!
Katie @ Peace Love and Oats recently posted..Blessing in Disguise

6 Jessi @ Quirky Cookery November 24, 2011 at 1:21 pm

I had no idea they had an alteration service either!

And I think it’s awesome you have a turkey trot family tradition of your own, hehe. <3
Jessi @ Quirky Cookery recently posted..Two peas in a pod walk into a kitchen

7 Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife November 24, 2011 at 2:48 pm

HOW fun!! I love running with my sister as well–it makes it way more fun ๐Ÿ™‚

I ran about 6 hot,sweaty miles through the mountains today and it was seriously awesome! I love T-day. Have a happy one!
Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife recently posted..Happy Thanksgiving!

8 skinnyrunner November 24, 2011 at 3:22 pm

hey i did a 10 miler today too! not as cute looking as you in that skirt. i want.

happy thanksgiving!
skinnyrunner recently posted..Pocahontas and Sacagewea do 10 miles

9 Heather November 24, 2011 at 4:32 pm

So jealous you get to run with your siblings like that
You are so blessed! My sister lives 2 states away. Great fact to know aboutvthecalrerations! Now if only every store did that… congrats on tan miles ans happy thanksgiving! PS you need a RunningSkirts.com skirt!

10 Victoria (District Chocoholic) November 25, 2011 at 12:20 pm

Your quads look rocking strong in that third picture. Sexy stuff, yo.
Victoria (District Chocoholic) recently posted..Bake Together: (Gluten Free) Cranberry Chocolate Meringue Cake