more ยป" />

Noodle Arms

by Meghann on November 23, 2011

Stage 4 of New Rules of Lifting for Women is done and done. I finished workout B this morning. ๐Ÿ™‚

There was a momentary point of panic where I spent 15 minutes searching the house for my spreadsheet (I still have no idea where it is!), but I took a photo of the workout in the book and kind of went off of that. The only problem was, without the sheet documenting my weight increments, I had no idea where I was. I guessed on the high end – and judging by my noodle arms and legs – I think I came pretty close. ๐Ÿ™‚

Cereal made an appearance for breakfast.

One big bowl of:

• 1/2 cup Cinnamon Life Cereal
  • 1/2 cup Uncle Sam’s Strawberry
  • 1/2 Apple
  • Lemon Chobani

I cut back 1/2 cup on my usual cereal mix and upped the amount of greek yogurt to up the protein. Baby steps.

I’m spending the morning wrapping up a few freelance projects, then packing and prepping this afternoon. I’m following the 1/2-day-of-work-the-Wednesday-before-Thanksgiving philosophy that both of my previous employers followed. I think it’s a good one. ๐Ÿ™‚

1 michelle November 23, 2011 at 9:52 am

Have a Happy Thanksgiving weekend ๐Ÿ™‚
michelle recently posted..The โ€œDโ€ Word

2 Sabrina @ Coffee With Sabrina November 23, 2011 at 9:56 am

Happy Thanksgiving! And I am following that same philosophy too! ๐Ÿ™‚
Sabrina @ Coffee With Sabrina recently posted..10 Things Tuesday

3 tia November 23, 2011 at 9:56 am

Happy Thanksgiving tomorrow! Breakfast looks delicious.
tia recently posted..Mmm Pasta

4 Lindsay November 23, 2011 at 10:02 am

Do you really measure out your daily breakfasts like that, or do you just attach those measurements for readability?

5 Meghann November 23, 2011 at 10:26 am

Yes, I usually measure out the cereal, otherwise I end up with a HUGE bowl of cereal. Cereal is the one the thing I have no problem going overboard with.

6 Amanda November 23, 2011 at 11:42 am

I agree about the cereal. It’s so easy to overestimate what a serving looks like. I actually tend not to buy it just because I can eat bowl after bowl after bowl and still want more. It’s a nice treat for me every once in a while though. ๐Ÿ™‚
Amanda recently posted..Spiced Eggnog Smoothie

7 Gina @ Running to the Kitchen November 23, 2011 at 11:59 am

Agreed! I keep a 1/4 cup measuring spoon out on my counter at all times for things like cereal and oats. I’m pretty good at eyeballing everything except things you pour from a box or container!
Gina @ Running to the Kitchen recently posted..Coconut persimmon smoothie

8 Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat November 23, 2011 at 10:13 am

I’m so jealous that you get some major holiday time this week! Sadly we don’t get the day off here in Canada (although I think it would be a fabulous idea!!) but I’ll still be eating Thanksgiving foods lol! Have a great day Meghann!
Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat recently posted..Recap: Try Something New Tuesday 84

9 Courtney @ The Petite AthlEAT November 23, 2011 at 12:49 pm

Noodle arms are the best! Way to get that burn! ๐Ÿ™‚
Courtney @ The Petite AthlEAT recently posted..400 Foot Climb, Beat That!

10 Christie November 23, 2011 at 3:04 pm

Have a Happy Turkey Day! I’ve already changed my Voice Mail to say I’m outta the office! ๐Ÿ™‚ YIPEE
Christie recently posted..Before Weight Training Pictures

11 Katie @ Peace Love and Oats November 23, 2011 at 3:34 pm

I got that weightlifting book! Can’t wait to get started once I have time to read the book (aka after finals). Have a great thanksgiving!
Katie @ Peace Love and Oats recently posted..WIAWโ€“Crazy Schedule Style!

12 katherina November 23, 2011 at 11:29 pm

I’m halfway through Stage 1 and am loving it so far! I unfortunately misplaced the book recently so thankfully it’s stocked at the library and I can continue. Your results were inspiring!