Breaking Dawn

by Meghann on November 21, 2011

Yes, I’m a Twilight nerd. Yes, I’ve been dying to see Breaking Dawn. And, yes, I have no shame.

Twilight-Breaking-Dawn-2-Movie-Poster.jpg

(source)

πŸ™‚

I happened to catch the first Twilight on FX last night. It had been a while since I’d seen the original movie and re-watching it was a great reminder to why I fell in love with the Twilight series in the first place. Yes, Bella’s character is weak (and Kristen Stewart’s portrayal of her needs some work), but the story line is genuine, the plot line is addicting, and that baseball scene is still one of my favorite movie scenes of all time. Plus, there’s something about that Bella/Jacob/Edward connection that leaves you wanting to know what’s going to happen next.

I’ve read all four Twilight books twice, own the first three movies, and have been patiently waiting to see Breaking Dawn Part I in the theater. If I had a friend that wanted to see the midnight showing on Thursday night, I probably would have been there, but, alas, no midnight willing friend. Instead I waited until my new friend Sarah was free to see it tonight. It was probably better this way – no lines, no crowds, and the 5:00pm showing meant we weren’t falling asleep in the movie chairs. πŸ™‚

I thought the movie was great! It started off a bit slow and strange(I expected more from the wedding scene), but it started to pick up during the honeymoon. The special effects/ make-up team did a great job taking Bella from a happy and healthy teenager to an emaciated pregnant woman. It was so good, that sometimes it was just hard to watch. Girl got scary.

I can’t wait until Part II! The ending had me jumping from my seat in excitement. πŸ™‚

Before the movie I tried one of the new Van’s Triple Chocolate Muffin Crowns that the company had sent me the other week.

The Muffin Crown reminded me of the VitaTops, only a lot thicker, fluffier, and chocolate-ier. If I were to compare the two, I would probably vote for the Muffin Crown on size alone. It was at least twice as thick as the VitaTop, but not as dense.

I really liked the chocolate Muffin Crown,but see it more as a chocolate dessert than a snack in the future. I bet it would be good with a smear of peanut butter or heated up with a little ice cream too. πŸ™‚

After the movie I whipped up something quick and green for dinner.

Nothing special, just some rutabaga, onion, and kale that I sauteed with salt, pepper, and a little olive oil then topped with an egg.

Gotta love those easy meals.

There shouldn’t be a question what I had for dessert.

The pumpkin protein pie is addicting. πŸ™‚

Are you a Twi-nerd? What did you think of the movie?!

1 Mallory @ It's Only Life November 21, 2011 at 10:16 pm

i have always wondered about that brand of muffin/how it compares to a vitatop. looks delish! i dont think i could justify buying them though, based on the price. so expensive!

im not a twilight fan…not really my thing. sometimes i wish i had gotten into it so i could be part of the madness!
Mallory @ It’s Only Life recently posted..Breaking Up Is Hard To Do

2 Tara November 21, 2011 at 10:16 pm

I enjoy the movies as well. I went yesterday with MM to see it. I was glad to see they toned down Edward’s paleness this time. It was distracting in the last movie. The acting is painful, to say the least, at times, but I enjoy the story – even if I want to slap Bella! But, I have to say, the talking wolves scene made me turn to MM and say, “This is so stupid. Even my 14-year-old Twilight fan agreed with that.
Tara recently posted..Looking for my mojo

3 tia November 22, 2011 at 9:38 am

I totally agree about the wolves talking thing, that was SO cheezy and lame, totally could of done without that. It seems like everyone else’s acting skills have grown a little but yet Kristen is still stuck in suck mode.
tia recently posted..Sold out movie equals sad girl

4 Heather November 21, 2011 at 10:21 pm

Loved it! I saw it at an advanced screening last Wednesday and thought it was pretty cool. I loved the ending!
Heather recently posted..Foodie Friday: Thanksgiving Soup

5 Sara @ RunnerWife November 21, 2011 at 10:23 pm

I can’t wait to see Breaking Dawn tomorrow night!! I always expect it to not be as good as the book, so I typically enjoy all of them!
Sara @ RunnerWife recently posted..Breaking Dawn (Or not…)

6 Lindsey November 21, 2011 at 10:33 pm

Heck yes! I went opening night πŸ™‚ And even wore my Twilight shirt πŸ˜‰ haha. I was totally Team Jacob until this movie, now I am Team Edward. I liked the movie but think that part 2 will be way better! Only one year to wait πŸ˜‰
Lindsey recently posted..Christmas Decorating

7 Teacher Girl November 21, 2011 at 10:41 pm

Um, yeah, you shouldn’t read the post I wrote on Saturday. Glad you had fun though.
Teacher Girl recently posted..A Home of Your Own

8 Katie @ Peace Love and Oats November 21, 2011 at 10:48 pm

I’ve actually completely avoided the Twilight craze on purpose! I am a HUGE harry potter fan, but decided I needed to skip out on Twilight. Too many obsessions. Granted, I broke down and read the hunger games series…
Katie @ Peace Love and Oats recently posted..Spiralization. Don’t Be Afraid.

9 Clare @ Fitting It All In November 21, 2011 at 10:55 pm

I love Twilight and actually think Kristen Stewart plays Bella perfectly. Yes the character is a bit strange and off – but that’s exactly how Bella is written in the book. Anyway, I thought Breaking Dawn was good but my least fav of three. Too gory! And yes she was hard to look at:(
Clare @ Fitting It All In recently posted..My Favorite Outfit Season

10 Kayla November 21, 2011 at 11:12 pm

I’m a twi-nerd. Bff and I saw it yesterday. I actually liked it more than I thought I would. I really did not like the book. I’m excited to see the second part.
And I love that everyone (myself included) is using that same pic for the blog reivews, lol.
Kayla recently posted..Breaking Dawn Review and What’s In My Mailbox

11 Meghann November 22, 2011 at 10:10 am

I think it’s because it’s the first photo that pops up in Google πŸ˜‰

12 Kat @ Balance & Spice November 21, 2011 at 11:18 pm

I admit, I’ve never seen Twilight. True Blood was way too addictive for me, and I can only have so many vampires in my life. Also…what’s pumpkin protein pie? That looks insanely delish!
Kat @ Balance & Spice recently posted..5 Reasons to do Yoga with Your Boy/Girl/Partner/Dog/Friend…

13 Meghann November 22, 2011 at 10:11 am

I tried to get into True Blood, but it was too dark for me. However, I’m a huge fan of Vampire Diaries πŸ™‚

14 Angie November 21, 2011 at 11:22 pm

I saw it last night and I enjoy the books so much more. A couple of us were laughing at time, although that may of been from the wine at dinner! I thought they did a good job with the honeymoon and pregnancy. It was disturbing.

15 erica November 21, 2011 at 11:31 pm

i’m a total twilight nerd! i haven’t seen breaking dawn yet.i hope it’s better than all the others (i’ve always been so disappointed)

can’t wait to see it!
erica recently posted..professional wedding pics: ceremony & reception

16 Jessica November 21, 2011 at 11:44 pm

How’d ya cook the egg to get it like that?!? Looks yum-tastic!!!

17 Meghann November 22, 2011 at 10:12 am

I just fried it in the frying pan. I don’t like runny yolks, so I always break it when it’s cooking.

18 Eryn November 21, 2011 at 11:59 pm

So! Long time reader, never commenter, but I worked in casting for the first Twilight film and am so glad to hear you liked it! Woot! Twilight+healthy living = win!!!

19 Jessica November 22, 2011 at 12:52 am

I’ve actually never seen any of the movies or read any of the books! But I am a massive Harry Potter fan, so i can understand. Glad you enjoyed!

20 Kristyn November 22, 2011 at 6:23 am

I am definitely a twi nerd! I was a little late to the bandwagon, but I’m addicted. I loved this last one and can’t wait for part 2 as well!! How about that ending? It was like BOOM and now you people (audience) must wait. That’s what I felt ey were saying to me through her eyes. Loved it. πŸ™‚ glad you got to see it!! I saw it Saturday night at our tiny local theater and it really wasn’t that packed. Benefits of a small town I guess. Almost turkey day!

21 Hillary November 22, 2011 at 7:04 am

I’m a middle school teacher, so I have read all the books and have seen the movies (I feel like I have to!) It kind of kills me how weak Bella is as a character, though. She’s needy and desperate: not the kind of role model a lot of my girls need. That’s one of the reasons I so, so loved Harry Potter and The Hunger Games: female role models that proved that being smart and strong were admirable traits, and that you don’t need a boy to save you.

22 Anne November 22, 2011 at 8:20 pm

THANK YOU!

I’m amazed at how many bloggers completely omit discussion of this.

23 Helen November 23, 2011 at 1:17 am

Ditto! One of the main concepts behind the HLB community is taking control of your own life and being your own advocate. Twilight sends off a terrible message. I didn’t mind the first book when it came out, taking it for what it was, a light teen romance, but New Moon…oh, New Moon. Sure, have no life other than your boyfriend and try to commit suicide if your significant other leaves you. Awesome.

24 Corey @ Learning Patience November 22, 2011 at 7:18 am

I am a TwiLight nerd too – LOVED the movie…I thought they did a wonderful job. Can’t wait for part II – do you know when its coming out? Hopefully soon…

xoxo from Trinidad
Corey @ Learning Patience recently posted..Beth Runs the Savannah

25 Coco November 22, 2011 at 7:22 am

I was a nerd about Twilight- I read all for books in 9 days.. But when it came to the movies I was not as into it.. I’m not saying that I don’t want to see this movie- because I definitely do.. I just wish they had done a better job with Bella..
Coco recently posted..Getting things in order

26 Britt @ Run with Britt November 22, 2011 at 7:45 am

I’m finally going to see it today! Yay! The college student population in my town takes over the theaters when movies come out, even if they have been out three weeks you still have to get there about an hour early just to get a seat! It’s nuts! I am sooooo excited about the movie, but don’t tell anyone. Haha
Britt @ Run with Britt recently posted..Rock N’ Roll Marathon Video!!!

27 Amanda November 22, 2011 at 8:25 am

I haven’t gotten into Twilight, but I did catch part of the first movie at the gym a while back. It was so, so bad…but almost so bad it was good? I found it oddly captivating, and I can see why so many people are so into it.

Harry Potter on the other hand? LOVE it. I resisted for a while, but the books sucked me in.
Amanda recently posted..Individual Pumpkin Custards

28 Courtney November 22, 2011 at 8:56 am

I can’t stand Twilight, for the reasons some others have pointed out. As a mentor of middle school girls and a big sister to a 13 year old girl, the last thing young girls need is a portrayal of a weak woman who bows down to her mate. It’s saddening when I hear a little girl say, “I don’t care if Edward/Jacob (whatever their names are) was mean to me because he’s cute, and Bella is happy!” It’s saddening and frustrating. Our young people deserve better role models.
Courtney recently posted..Weekly Wrap-Up: Week 2 of Marathon Training!

29 Brittany @ GOtheXtraMile November 22, 2011 at 9:23 am

I am SUCH a twilight nerd. I saw Breaking Dawn and thought it was the best one yet. Everyone looked better and prettier and the movie and acting was just perfect, I thought. Even though it was a little scarier than I thought lol! I was watching the first twilight the other day too! Classic. I still love it πŸ™‚

30 Casey @ Pocket Full of Sunshine November 22, 2011 at 9:29 am

Can’t wait to see it! The baseball scene is one of my faves too!
Casey @ Pocket Full of Sunshine recently posted..Holiday White Chocolate-Topped Gingerbread Cookies

31 Laurin November 22, 2011 at 9:30 am

I loved the books but I have such a difficult time with movies and the portrayal of Bella and the actual love story doesn’t feel like a love story at all. Kristen Stewart ruins the entire story for me. She always seems so angry and had a perpetual scowl on her face.
Laurin recently posted..A Letter from Ben Stein

32 Carrie @ Carrie Runs Goofy November 22, 2011 at 9:31 am

I saw it Saturday morning and thoroughly enjoyed it (and I am ashamed:-)), but I also laughed through most of it. The telepathic wolf meeting was hi.larious.

33 tia November 22, 2011 at 9:44 am

I loved the books, I read them all in about a week but the movies are only “Eh” for me. I find Edward to be SO overprotective and overbearing in the movies where in the books he just comes off generally concerned and loving, and the acting skills are pretty horrble. I agree with another poster who said that Edwards character looked better in this movie, he was SO pale in the last one, it was odd and distracting even for him being a vampire (lol). I was really worried how they were going to do some of those scenes cause when reading them it was like .. ok this is awkward but they did an alright job. The ending is annoying but I totally knew that’s where it would leave off, can’t believe we have to wait an entire year for the next one! Ugh.
tia recently posted..Sold out movie equals sad girl

34 Cait's Plate November 22, 2011 at 9:44 am

I was actually just saying how i’ve NEVER gotten into Twilight and I feel like at some point I should at least see the movies if not read the books as well!
Cait’s Plate recently posted..Sloppy

35 Ellen November 22, 2011 at 9:47 am

Thanks for the brief review of Breaking Dawn, Part 1! I’m seeing on Friday with my sister. I could have gone to see it earlier, but it’s tradition for us to see the Twilight movies together for the first time (Harry Potter too!). If you ever get the chance, you should visit the actual Forks, WA. I was there a couple of summers ago and it was crazy how descriptions of the area in the book really matched the real location.
Ellen recently posted..Change of Seasons

36 Elisabeth November 22, 2011 at 10:22 am

I’ve read all the books (loved ’em all!), but haven’t enjoyed the movies quite as much. I will still be going to see it though πŸ™‚

37 Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife November 22, 2011 at 11:25 am

I thought the movie was horrible, slow, and very boring for the first half. YAWN. And Kristen Stewart def can NOT act.

But the 2nd half was def much better!
Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife recently posted..Butterscotch Chia Cookies

38 Jocelyn @ Enthusiastic Runner November 22, 2011 at 12:24 pm

I am a huge Twilight fan and I thought the movie was awful! makes me sad…

39 Irina G (Fit Flexitarian) November 22, 2011 at 1:37 pm

I’m seeing Breaking Dawn right after Thanksgiving dinner (full and tipsy), so THAT should definitely be interesting!!! I hope you like it. πŸ™‚
Irina G (Fit Flexitarian) recently posted..Slow Cooker Vegan Gluten-Free Onion Soup (Farmer’s Market Find of the Week: Candy Onions)

40 Glenneth November 22, 2011 at 5:10 pm

HUGE Twilight fan. A bunch of us went at 7PM Thursday to see the midnight showing. Some people got to the theater at 3PM. WOW! Insane. Loved the movie. Now to wait another year for the finale.