Suzie Q.

by Meghann on November 19, 2011

I made a new friend on my run this morning.

Meet Suzie Q. I found her wandering the streets a couple of blocks from my house. She was sweet as pie, but looked about as lost as could be. When she saw me running, she must have thought it was some big game and followed me the rest of the way home. I took her in and called the numbers attached to her tags.

Maddie say ‘High Five!’ to running. Or she’s giving Suzie Q. the death stare. Either works.

Her owner couldn’t believe Suzie Q. had escaped from the back yard again (I guess this is a reoccurring problem) or that she had made her way THREE MILES from the house. Sounded like Suzie Q. had quite an adventurous morning!

Luckily Susie Q had her tags on so I could contact her owner quickly, if not, who knows how long it would have taken to locate her. Just another reminder to make sure all of your pup’s tags are up to date and always attached, you just never know when they’re going to spring free!

Before I met up with my running buddy, I got a great 8 miler in this morning. Nothing speedy, I just wanted to get some miles in before i head over to Orlando for the day.

Post-run Breakfast

In the bowl:

• 1/2 cup Quaker Life Cereal
  • Sample box of Chex
  • Blueberry Oikos
  • LoveGrown Granola
  • Apple

Yum.

Have a great Saturday everyone!

1 Whitney @ A Way With Words November 19, 2011 at 11:57 am

I have an 8 week old puppy and it’s been an adventure! We are crate training her – and it’s been pretty rough! 🙂 Hoping her crying will subside soon . Ready for her to get bigger so she can go on runs with me too!!

2 Katy (The Singing Runner) November 19, 2011 at 12:00 pm

Aw how adorable! I had a dog follow me home while I was running one time. Sweet as could be and like Susie, this dog also escaped from the backyard often!

Great job on the 8 miler! I ran 8 miles too! 🙂 Have a fantastic weekend!
Katy (The Singing Runner) recently posted..Believe In The Run

3 Army Amy* November 19, 2011 at 12:11 pm

You’re so good to take her in and call her owner! Even though I have a dog (a big one!), random dogs make me nervous. Hopefully Suzie is also microchipped in case her collar came off.*
Army Amy* recently posted..The Story of a Yam

4 michelle November 19, 2011 at 12:12 pm

I have seen several dogs while running but none that have actually followed me all the way home before. I’m glad she had ID on her.
michelle recently posted..Cheaters…

5 Kristen @ The Concrete Runner November 19, 2011 at 12:12 pm

Aw! She reminds me of my dog! So sweet! Can’t believe a pup like that made it so far from home on her own!
Kristen @ The Concrete Runner recently posted..post-baby bump body: 1 month

6 Cait's Plate November 19, 2011 at 12:48 pm

Aw, little Susie Q! What a cutie pie 🙂
Cait’s Plate recently posted..Easy Dinner Streak

7 Bee Goes Bananas November 19, 2011 at 12:50 pm

What a sweet little pup! I’m glad she was able to get back home.
Bee Goes Bananas recently posted..Slow Saturday

8 Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife November 19, 2011 at 12:57 pm

that’s kind of cute!! Can’t believe she followed you all that way–glad you could call in! 🙂

Nice job on the mileage!
Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife recently posted..Leftovers’ Starring Role

9 Courtney @ The Petite AthlEAT November 19, 2011 at 1:16 pm

Well Miss Susie Q was so lucky to have found you!
Courtney @ The Petite AthlEAT recently posted..Training for The Cowtown

10 Katie @ Peace Love and Oats November 19, 2011 at 1:33 pm

That’s great you were able to contact her owners so easily! I’m always nervous about approaching dogs alone, although she’s tiny and adorable!
Katie @ Peace Love and Oats recently posted..Strawberry Crème Oatmeal

11 Christine @ BookishlyB November 19, 2011 at 1:36 pm

Yay for reuniting animals! I’ve done that so many times and it’s so worth the slight inconvenience- people are always so relieved and grateful. Plus, good pet karma in care you ever need someone to return the favor.
Christine @ BookishlyB recently posted..Book on Your Back- Awesome, Man (and Pinterest)

12 katie November 19, 2011 at 2:31 pm

it really doesnt seemt that you have made any changes to your breakfast. Can you explain your nutrional goals since meeting with the RD? Can you give examples of how you have made changes?

13 Amanda November 19, 2011 at 2:57 pm

So good of you to take the time to help Suzie Q get home! Although, that owner should probably be a bit more careful if it’s a recurring problem. My dog is like a child to me – she’s never out of my sight. I’m totally overprotective when it comes to her. 🙂
Amanda recently posted..Cardamom Cashew Fudge

14 Kayla November 19, 2011 at 6:04 pm

It was so nice of you to take her in and call her owners! We have a yorkie in our neighborhood that escapes a lot but I can never catch it. I did follow it home one day (it went back on its own) so now I know where it lives.
Kayla recently posted..Friday Five–Birthday Edition 11/18/11

15 Sana November 19, 2011 at 6:14 pm

I would have died if a dog started to follow me. I am terrified of animals!
Sana recently posted..My Very Athletic Family

16 Corey @ Learning Patience November 19, 2011 at 7:14 pm

What an adorable doggie…and SO nice of your to take her in! I would expect nothing else from such an awesome person!

Happy Saturday!
xoxo from Trinidad
Corey @ Learning Patience recently posted..2 Fun Arrivals

17 Living, Learning, Eating November 20, 2011 at 1:54 am

Lovely breakfast! For some reason, I love sweet carby stuff *always* – except right after runs. Then all I want is veggies! Pity I don’t run more. 😛

18 Gina @ Running to the Kitchen November 19, 2011 at 8:16 pm

So glad Susie Q had a loving owner to go home to!
Gina @ Running to the Kitchen recently posted..Thanksgiving recipe round-up

19 Allison November 20, 2011 at 10:52 am

Such a cute name, Suzie Q! At least it was a cute, fluffy puppy chasing after you- the situation could have been very different if it was a big dog! Something I worry about when I’m out running in the neighborhood…
Allison recently posted..Surprised, Surprised, Surprised