Check!

by Meghann on November 18, 2011

So far. So good.

Beautiful Friday weather? Check!

We’re expecting highs in the 80s this weekend, but I was surprisingly greeted with a cool breeze when I walked out the door this morning. Now there’s nothing but sunshine. Love it.

Morning workout? Check!

I should have taken a photo of the gym at 6:00am this morning. It was EMPTY and perfectly peaceful. I managed to get a good 15 minute warm up walk in on the treadmill and completed NROLFW 4B. I even had a good chat with one of the T3 coaches about marathons. He’s training for a small Jacksonville marathon next month that I hadn’t even heard of, but am now questioning whether I should run it too. Bad Meghann. It’s not hard to talk me into new races. However, I know I’ll have to sit this one out. πŸ˜‰

Delicious Breakfast? Check!

Last week I found myself scraping the bottom of the almond butter jar. Bad news for the almond butter wrap I was making, good news for the oats in a jar creation I’ve been craving.

I tried something different this morning. Instead of overnight oats, I used hot. I’m not the first person to try this, but it was still a first for me. The verdict? It was good, but I think I preferred the overnight oats in a jar combo.

In the jar:

• Pumpkin oats
  • Pumpkin granola
  • Apple

All done.

Ready to tackle the last Friday before Thanksgiving? Check!

HAPPY FRIDAY EVERYONE!!!

1 Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat November 18, 2011 at 9:14 am

You’re so lucky that you’ve got temperature in the 80s! We’re below freezing now (sadly, but I guess it’s about time for winter to start in these parts) and I had to bust out mittens on the way to the gym this morning. Thank goodness though, I treated myself to an automatic car starter so it was lovely to get into a nice warm car! Happy Friday!
Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat recently posted..Fit Bit Friday 19

2 Katie @ Peace Love and Oats November 18, 2011 at 9:23 am

I’ve actually only ever done hot oats in a jar! I love it because it melts the peanut butter, soooo good!
Katie @ Peace Love and Oats recently posted..Tea Time!

3 Cat @Breakfast to Bed November 18, 2011 at 9:41 am

It is colder than a witch’s you know what here in Bklyn. I am jealous.
Cat @Breakfast to Bed recently posted..Blood Letting and Bing Crosby.

4 Teeny@trackingteeny.com November 18, 2011 at 10:00 am

I love living in Florida sometimes. No layering to go workout! πŸ™‚

5 Cait's Plate November 18, 2011 at 10:05 am

I just did OIAJ the other morning. I’ve never done overnight oats in a jar but have always been curious to try. Will definitely have to tackle it upon the emptying of my next nut butter jar! πŸ™‚
Cait’s Plate recently posted..Joy of My Life

6 Lynda @ Hit The Road Jane November 18, 2011 at 10:15 am

Come do at least the half!!! I think you’re talking about the Jacksonville Bank Marathon πŸ™‚ I’ll be there with some friends. It’d be great to meet you!
Lynda @ Hit The Road Jane recently posted..Friday Running Cartoon 11-18-2011

7 Mallory @ It's Only Life November 18, 2011 at 10:27 am

yay for getting your workout over with- i couldnt get my butt out of bed this morning, so a fri afternoon will have to do. hopefully the gym wont be crowded tho, as its a friday!

Happy Friday Meghann! πŸ˜€
Mallory @ It’s Only Life recently posted..Pyramid Treadmill Workout

8 Amanda November 18, 2011 at 10:38 am

80s this weekend?! I think it was low 30s in Boston this morning, but it’s sunny, so at least there’s that. πŸ™‚
Amanda recently posted..Quick & Easy Tortilla Pizza

9 Coco November 18, 2011 at 10:42 am

I’m a bit envious of 80 degree weather- it’s definitely no where near that here in RI.. I had hot oats in a jar this morning with peanut butter- but it was my first time making eggwhite oats- which were pretty good I much admit.

10 HRCK November 18, 2011 at 10:51 am

I have a jar of Maranatha that’s ready to be made into OAIJ! Tomorrow is the lucky morning :).

Happy Friday, and so, so jealous of your temperatures. It is windy and freezing where I am!
HRCK recently posted..the manual.

11 Casey @ Insatiably Healthy November 18, 2011 at 11:19 am

I’m headed to FL for christmas and I can’t wait for neverending sunshine!
Casey @ Insatiably Healthy recently posted..Justin’s Vanilla Almond Butter

12 Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife November 18, 2011 at 11:24 am

Wahoo! ENd of a jar–YUMM πŸ™‚

I am stoked for T-day–headed to my inlaws. Its gonna be fun!
Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife recently posted..Focus On: Triceps Dips

13 kathleen @ the daily crumb November 18, 2011 at 11:42 am

i definitely prefer the hot OIAJ. maybe that’s because it’s dipping below freezing here in chicago these days!!

have a great day πŸ™‚
kathleen @ the daily crumb recently posted..haricots verts & wild mushroom sautΓ©.

14 Casey @ Pocket Full of Sunshine November 18, 2011 at 12:14 pm

I love hot oats in a jar! The peanut butter gets so gooey and melty … mmm.

Happy Friday to you too! πŸ™‚
Casey @ Pocket Full of Sunshine recently posted..Apartment Tour

15 Courtney @ The Petite AthlEAT November 18, 2011 at 12:35 pm

It’s nice and chilly here, too, in Texas! πŸ™‚ don’t you LOVE that cool breeze and the sunshine?
Courtney @ The Petite AthlEAT recently posted..Rock & Roll (and poop)

16 Rachel November 18, 2011 at 1:45 pm

The Jacksonville Bank marathon was the one I had been training for and the one I’m (99.9% sure on this one, although the doc says he thinks I MAY be able to do it) knocked out of due to my stress fracture. I was really looking forward to it.
Rachel recently posted..Fall is in the air…

17 Cait @ Beyond Bananas November 18, 2011 at 2:03 pm

I WISH my gym was empty in the AM. I get there when it opens at 5 .. and people are usually standing outside the front door at 4:50 waiting for the person with the key to come. I wait in my warm car until it is open. Still.. there are a lot of people. And when I am leaving at 6:30 or 6:45.. its packed!
Cait @ Beyond Bananas recently posted..Foodie Friday: Greened Tuna Salad

18 Brittany @ GOtheXtraMile November 18, 2011 at 2:12 pm

I live in FL too but south FL and it’s been rainy and dreary all day. Boo πŸ™ I had OIAJ too! Haha sooo good. Happy Friday!