Ocean of Blue

by Meghann on November 16, 2011

I’m home! I’m home!

There is nothing more beautiful than looking out your plane window and seeing nothing but an ocean of blue beyond the city below.

Gorgeous.

Again, I have to give my compliments to Allegiant Airlines. They checked my oversized carry-on bag for free before I made my way to my gate, I was able to score an emergency exit row seat during open seating boarding, the flight was quick and delay free, and I met a reader on board (Hi Lindsay!). Sure, they charge $2 for a soda, but when the flight is a little more than an hour, I can happily pass on the drinks and enjoy my gorgeous view. πŸ™‚

Our plane landed around lunchtime and my stomach knew it. It silently growled while I got my bag and took control over my actions I turned into the nearest decent looking lunch spot as soon as I left the airport.

Little Greek was about a mile away from the airport and had a menu full of pitas and salads. It also had a full parking lot, a good sign it was a local lunchtime favorite.

I ordered a medium greek salad with the dressing on the side.

The large salad didn’t stand a chance. I devoured it as soon as it was places in front of me. I loved the double scoop of ‘greek potato salad’ placed on top. πŸ™‚

I also enjoyed half of the warm pita served on the side.

Officially stuffed.

What’s your favorite airline to fly?

I usually search Southwest first when booking a flight, but I’m also a fan of AirTran and JetBlue. I wish more Virgin Atlantic flights flew from Tampa because I heard that’s a great airline too.

1 Savannah @ Sweet and Savvy November 16, 2011 at 3:46 pm

wow! a pleasant flying experience? you’re a lucky gal!:)
Savannah @ Sweet and Savvy recently posted..Back in the Habit

2 Corey @ Learning Patience November 16, 2011 at 4:06 pm

Yum…I love Greek food! My favorite airline is Continental, or um I guess United now.
Now you have officially made me hungry for some greek food!
xoxo from Trinidad
Corey @ Learning Patience recently posted..A Very Cool Gift and More Fun Vacation Photos

3 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More November 16, 2011 at 4:17 pm

Hand downs Virgin America is my favorite airline to fly! I was so happy when they started flying to Chicago so I could fly home to see my parents on it. I now do everything I can to never fly another airline…haha!
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..A Much Needed Slap in the Face

4 Cait's Plate November 16, 2011 at 4:23 pm

Mmm love me a good Greek plate of food πŸ™‚ Can’t beat it!
Cait’s Plate recently posted..Waffle Sandwich: Reinvented

5 kathleen @ the daily crumb November 16, 2011 at 4:28 pm

for the snacks, jet blue.
for the internet, air tran.
for the leg room, united economy plus.
for the in-flight entertainment, southwest.

hmmm.. i must fly a lot!
kathleen @ the daily crumb recently posted..what i ate wednesday {11.15.11}

6 Heather November 16, 2011 at 4:42 pm

I’m a United or American girl, mainly bc I have mileage accounts with each :-).
Heather recently posted..Off to the Races

7 Katie @ Peace Love and Oats November 16, 2011 at 4:48 pm

Southwest all the way!!!! They are so much less expensive than other airlines, they don’t charge for your first checked bag, and they don’t charge when you have to change your ticket!!! And drinks are free. Bo-ya. Love them (can you tell?).
Katie @ Peace Love and Oats recently posted..What I ate Monday…

8 Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife November 16, 2011 at 4:55 pm

SOUTHWEST all the way baby!! I have no idea, actually, why people bother with other airlines. SW is the bombdotcom. So friendly, accomadating, bags fly free, and their tickets are way cheap.
Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife recently posted..Carrot Cake Recipe (Healthier)

9 ChristineH November 16, 2011 at 4:59 pm

Frontier (formerly Midwest Express), its a smaller airline and you can get more personal service. I’ve had them check a bag for free (not their usual policy) and they have kept Midwest’s famed chocolate chip cookies (freshly baked and free!). A few year back when I was in college and flying alone, the combination of a fairly empty flight and a flight attendant that took pity on me resulted in all the cookies I could eat (highly dangerous, but delicious).

10 Alaina November 16, 2011 at 5:04 pm

I’m a big fan of JetBlue. I’m always comfortable on those flights.

For international, I loved flying Lufthansa!
Alaina recently posted..Jasper White’s Summer Shack

11 Dori November 16, 2011 at 5:25 pm

Mmmmm I love feta. My favorite airline? It used to be JetBlue before they became the most expensive. Remember when they were the bargain one? I also liked Delta Song but that did not last long. I don’t have a favorite at the moment, but I must say that El Al serves INCREDIBLE hummus. You’ll have to travel to Israel to experience it though!
Dori recently posted..Surprise! I Ran The SunTrust Richmond Marathon!

12 Megan November 16, 2011 at 5:29 pm

Delta! Their international flights offer unlimited wine. πŸ™‚

13 Krista November 16, 2011 at 5:34 pm

Virgin America is the best! I just wish they went more places!

14 Lee November 16, 2011 at 5:59 pm

I usually fly Airtran or Delta b/c they both have hubs in Atlanta. We don’t get JetBlue here (boo). I’ve never even heard of Allegiant!
Lee recently posted..Two Things Accomplished

15 Alexa @ Simple Eats November 16, 2011 at 6:08 pm

I’m loving that mountain of cheese on that salad! I like flying Delta simply because I’ve racked up TONS of points. Free flights here I come!
Alexa @ Simple Eats recently posted..It’s OK If…

16 kat November 16, 2011 at 6:16 pm

im pretty sure virgin ATLANTIC is a transatlantic airline? are you thinking about virgin america?

17 Meghann November 16, 2011 at 6:31 pm

I originally meant Virgin America, but maybe my brain wished I flew Virgin Atlantic too. I’ve always wanted to go to England. πŸ™‚

18 Army Amy* November 16, 2011 at 7:02 pm

Air Tran for me. Open seating, like on Southwest, stresses me out.*
Army Amy* recently posted..Inked

19 Emily @ Comfortable Home Life November 16, 2011 at 7:08 pm

I’m alllll about some Southwest. I love them! I like Continental and Delta too. Never had any problems with either (knock on wood)– although one of my friends had a huge fiasco with Delta a few months back. Lost luggage, delays, the works!
Emily @ Comfortable Home Life recently posted..Drinkify

20 Sana November 16, 2011 at 8:10 pm

I am a fan of any plane that gets me from point A to point B without any major issues!

21 Mallory @ It's Only Life November 16, 2011 at 8:46 pm

oh i love warm pita! almost as good as warm naan… now i’m obsessed with that doughy goodness! πŸ˜€
Mallory @ It’s Only Life recently posted..Pyramid Treadmill Workout

22 Mahealani @ Beauty, Brains, and Balance November 16, 2011 at 8:47 pm

I’m usually a Delta kind of girl. I’ve heard horror stories about them but tickets back to Hawai’i are not cheap and I’ve never had a bad experience with them yet!
Mahealani @ Beauty, Brains, and Balance recently posted..Recipe: Opo soup with Mushrooms and Spinach

23 Lindsey November 16, 2011 at 10:48 pm

Hi Meghann! It was great to meet you! I’m just now catching up on your SC posts, but I’m glad you enjoyed your brief visit!

24 Liz November 17, 2011 at 1:15 am

My favorite used to be Jet Blue, but they left the airport I usually use (Columbus)

25 Heather @ Better With Veggies November 17, 2011 at 10:10 am

I’m a Delta girl, born and raised (literally – my mom was a flight attendant). πŸ™‚ I’m actually antsy on other airlines, because I’m so comfortable with Delta. Although I did fly Air France (Delta codeshare) to Austria & back this year and LOVED IT!
Heather @ Better With Veggies recently posted..What I Ate Wednesday: 5th Edition

26 Mahealani @ Beauty, Brains, and Balance November 17, 2011 at 11:31 am

My mom was a flight attendant too! And my Dad was a pilot, so I am totally an airline kid. Mom and Dad used to work for Aloha Airlines, but they went bankrupt and went under. They had THE BEST service and even danced hula in the aisles sometimes! πŸ™‚

27 Heather @ Better With Veggies November 17, 2011 at 11:34 am

Hula dancing in the ailes – that sounds fun! πŸ™‚
Heather @ Better With Veggies recently posted..How To Make Treadmill Running More Fun!

28 Mahealani @ Beauty, Brains, and Balance November 17, 2011 at 12:14 pm

If I find a picture I can post it on my blog. This was during the 70’s so they had those amazing loud aloha print dresses and cat eye makeup!

29 Meghann November 17, 2011 at 12:20 pm

Love it! I can only imagine what the flying experience was like back then.