Hello from South Carolina

by Meghann on November 14, 2011

I’ve got some sad news. My SD card broke and I’m unable to pull any photos from it. πŸ™

No photos. Boo.

The card has been on the verge of breaking for a while and I knew it was only a matter of time before a piece broke off and made it unreadable. Bye, Bye card. It was fun while it lasted.

The good news is that I made it to South Carolina safe and sound. I’m here on business for the next couple of days helping my aunt on a few social media projects for her office. She hired me on as a contractor and I’m here to ‘get to know the business’ before I dive in 100%.

I had a great flight from one tiny airport to another (St. Petersburg to Greenville) on a super cheap, speedy airline (Allegiant Airlines ROCKS) with a homemade almond butter and carrot wrap for dinner (yum).

Now I’m sitting on my aunt’s couch drinking wine and eating leftover halloween candy. I promise to dig my other memory card out for a photo-filled post tomorrow. Pinky swear.

In the meantime – since this post needed at least one photo – here’s a great shot of Maddie from earlier.

Such a serious pup. I miss her already.

Good night!

1 Kaitlin November 14, 2011 at 9:33 pm

you are such a busy bee lately! must be fun πŸ™‚

sorry to hear about the SD card, btw. Such a bummer.
Kaitlin recently posted..Iron Turkey 5K and 10K Recap

2 Cheryl November 14, 2011 at 9:35 pm

LOVE Allegient!!! My BFF moved to east Tenn a few years ago, it’s an hour and 15 from St Pete to Tri Cities on Allegient! CHEAP and fast!

3 Katie @ Peace Love and Oats November 14, 2011 at 9:39 pm

I’m so jealous that you’re in SC! I went to school at the College of Charleston and miss the state a lot!
Katie @ Peace Love and Oats recently posted..Brace Yourselves.

4 Jen November 14, 2011 at 10:09 pm

Welcome to Greenville!

5 Sana November 14, 2011 at 10:19 pm

I am terrified that I will lose my SD card. It’s so tiny!
Sana recently posted..Imperfection

6 Melissa C. November 14, 2011 at 10:24 pm

I live in Greenville! πŸ™‚ Hope you enjoy your time here! Make sure you check out our downtown Greenville…the Reedy River Falls park is beautiful, and there are so many great restaurants and fun things to do there. You won’t regret going. πŸ™‚

7 Kate (What Kate is Cooking) November 14, 2011 at 10:26 pm

I’ve never broken my SD card, but I did accidentally put it in the CD slot in my computer instead of the SD slot. I had to turn my computer to the side and shake it until it came out- ugh!
Kate (What Kate is Cooking) recently posted..Make it Yourself Monday- Pie Crust!

8 Emily @ Comfortable Home Life November 15, 2011 at 12:15 am

I live in Greenville too! I love this town — I hope you enjoy your little trip. Don’t you just love our teeny airport!? πŸ˜‰
Emily @ Comfortable Home Life recently posted..Drinkify

9 Megan November 15, 2011 at 12:23 am

Glad to hear you like Alligient- I’m flying into Sanford next Monday on Alligient and am nervous that they will nickel and dime me. πŸ™‚

10 christina November 15, 2011 at 6:50 am

Maddie is so adorable.. We just adopted a Jack Russell mix.. He seems to be fitting in nicely with our other two dogs!
christina recently posted..Miles

11 Jeni @ stepping out November 15, 2011 at 7:53 am

Welcome to Greenville! I’m yet another Greenville reader. πŸ˜€ You definitely picked a good time weatherwise to visit. πŸ˜€
Jeni @ stepping out recently posted..Run Resolved Half Marathon Week 1

12 Hope November 15, 2011 at 8:01 am

I’m sorry to hear about your sd card! Have fun in South Carolina! πŸ™‚ Maddie is just too cute!
Hope recently posted..A Bertucci’s Meeting…

13 Cait's Plate November 15, 2011 at 8:07 am

Glad you’re safe and sound! Bummer about the memory card πŸ™

Enjoy your trip!

14 Laurin November 15, 2011 at 9:08 am

Greenville is beautiful this time of year! Be sure to take a trip downtown! It’s fab!
Laurin recently posted..Debut

15 Lindsay November 15, 2011 at 6:18 pm

Ahh you are super close to my neck of the woods. South Carolina is a great state πŸ™‚ Have fun!