more ยป" />

Fair Weather Runner

by Meghann on November 13, 2011

Gooooodddd Moorrnnninggg!

I woke up feeling so much better than yesterday. The congestion and sinus pressure are still there, but I would give the symptoms a 4 out of 10 instead of an 8. Big improvement. ๐Ÿ™‚

I even felt well enough to run. Even better, Derek and Maddie joined me.

Derek and I are registered to run the Miami to Key West Ragnar Relay in January (whoop! whoop!) with the team ‘We Ran With Your Mom Last Night’ (best team name ever!). Since the race is less than 3 months away now (yay!), Derek decided it’s time to start training for his legs of the race.

We both laced up our shoes this morning and headed out for a 3 mile loop around the block. We took it slow and did a walk/run combination to ease Derek back into running. Derek was a rockstar and kept up a great pace while listening to his body and walking when he needed it. Since the weather has finally started to cool down, I think he’s suddenly inspired to run a little more. Derek is definitely a fair weather runner. He’s only a fan when it’s cool and nice out, when it’s hot or humid he likes to pretend the sport of running doesn’t exist. ๐Ÿ˜‰

We looped back around the house to finish our planned 3 miles, then I took off for 2 more. The weather was way too nice not to take advantage of fitting in a couple of more miles. Boy, do I love winter running in Florida. ๐Ÿ™‚

Breakfast

I returned home in the mood for eggs. Scrambled eggs with lots of spinach to be precise. ๐Ÿ˜‰

With a golden delicious apple

and a piece of pumpkin beer bread with pumpkin butter

Happy Anniversary Mom and Dad!

On this day in 1982 my parents said ‘I do’

Twenty-nine years, four kids, and a couple of hair styles later… they’re still just as cute and as in love as they were at eighteen.

Happy Anniversary Mom and Dad! Love you guys!

1 Raffi Darrow November 13, 2011 at 11:17 am

See you in Key West! We’re team Glade-iators. Today certainly is gorgeous! I’m glad you got to enjoy it before Wed brings the 80’s again.
Raffi Darrow recently posted..I canโ€™t get no motivation

2 Jess @JessCantCook November 13, 2011 at 11:28 am

I’m sort of a fair weather runner too so I feel for you Derek! It was tough for me to run year round in Virginia but I just recently moved to San Diego where the weather is near perfect all year so no more excuses ๐Ÿ™‚
Jess @JessCantCook recently posted..I Cooked! Breakfast Tacos with Corn Tortillas.

3 kathleen @ the daily crumb November 13, 2011 at 11:40 am

so funny how florida and chicago running seasons are totally opposite. we phasing out of running weather up here as the cold rolls in.

my parents celebrate 30 years tomorrow! so impressive, especially today when it seems like every other marriage ends in divorce (sometimes after 72 days!)
kathleen @ the daily crumb recently posted..of the moment {11.12.11}

4 Sana November 13, 2011 at 11:53 am

Yeah, running in the heat or extreme cold suckss ๐Ÿ™‚
Sana recently posted..Pre-Wedding Fun

5 Ashley @ My Food 'N' Fitness Diaries November 13, 2011 at 12:17 pm

Glad to hear you’re feeling better!! I wish it were beautiful weather for running here… it’s 35 degrees and almost snowing! ๐Ÿ™
Ashley @ My Food ‘N’ Fitness Diaries recently posted..Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!

6 Katie @ Peace Love and Oats November 13, 2011 at 12:22 pm

3 miles is tough for getting back into running, good job to Derek! And congrats to your parents!!!
Katie @ Peace Love and Oats recently posted..Chicagoโ€™s Perfect 10 Race Re-Cap

7 Alaina November 13, 2011 at 1:04 pm

Happy Anniversary to your parents!! Such a cute couple. ๐Ÿ™‚
Alaina recently posted..Guest Post: Top 10 Food for Runners

8 Kelly @ Laughter, Strength, and Food November 13, 2011 at 1:49 pm

Happy Anniversary to your parents! I love seeing couples that have been married forever and are still in love as they were in the beginning! ๐Ÿ™‚
Kelly @ Laughter, Strength, and Food recently posted..Great Day for a Wedding

9 Emily@SavoryandSavage November 13, 2011 at 1:51 pm

Happy Anniversary to your parents!!!

Did they really get married at 18? or is that when they met?
Emily@SavoryandSavage recently posted..5 miles down

10 Meghann November 13, 2011 at 2:08 pm

They met in Mr. Heil’s American History class when they were juniors in high school (I had the same teacher for the same class 20 yrs later) and were married the same year they graduated. My Mom had only been 18 for 2 months!

11 Laurie November 13, 2011 at 2:50 pm

Happy anniversary to your Mom and Dad!

12 Lisa (bakebikeblog) November 13, 2011 at 3:11 pm

Happy Anniversary to your parents! How very wonderful!
Lisa (bakebikeblog) recently posted..Pregnancy Update – Week 23

13 Stacey @starpulp November 13, 2011 at 3:53 pm

Ragnar?? That’s awesome! I’ve been eyeing that race (especially the miami to key west) for a few years now, but haven’t been able to convince 12 other people to do it with me!
Stacey @starpulp recently posted..Caterday November 12, 2011

14 Cait's Plate November 13, 2011 at 5:10 pm

I’m SO jealous of your winter running in FL!! When I’m slipping and sliding on ice covered roads and freezing temps I’m always so jealous of your perfectly cool days!
Cait’s Plate recently posted..Maple-Bacon Belgian Waffles

15 Karin November 13, 2011 at 6:02 pm

Hope you feel better soon!

16 Mallory @ It's Only Life November 13, 2011 at 9:18 pm

wow, congrats to your mom and dad. that’s so awesome- unfortunately you don’t see too many of those long-lasting marriages anymore ๐Ÿ™
Mallory @ It’s Only Life recently posted..Hangover Without Alcohol

17 Heather November 13, 2011 at 9:53 pm

Fun, that Ragnar sounds cool! I’ve done the Del Sol the last two years and planning on doing it again in February.
Heather recently posted..Foodie Fridayโ€“Tiramisu Cupcakes

18 Lauren @ Sweet and Twisted November 15, 2011 at 9:55 pm

Oooh! I’m looking forward to hearing about Ragnar from you! I wanted to do it with some friends but my one friend keeps reminding me we don’t have nearly enough runner friends to make up the team.
Lauren @ Sweet and Twisted recently posted..Potato Dinner