more ยป" />

A day full of tissues

by Meghann on November 12, 2011

I told Derek I felt like I was making a ‘Caitlin meal ‘ for lunch today.

She always has these beautiful simple meals of rice and beans with a side of veggies that look delicious, but I never have rice on hand to recreate. Today I had some of last night’s leftover brown rice in the fridge and thought a Caitlin combination sounded perfect. I just opened a can of beans, heated up the leftover rice, and had lunch ready in no time.

I roasted some parsnip and carrot one the side with a little bbq sauce. Yum.

The rest of my day was pretty quiet. There was a lot of sleeping, a lot of football, and a lot of tissues.

We escaped to Derek’s brother’s to watch Florida State kick some Miami booty thankyouverymuch and I mistakenly had a beer.

IMAG1038.jpg

Blah. Bad idea. It didn’t sit right with my tummy and made me feel totally off. Drinking beer when you’re not feeling is not good.

After the game was over we went to Anthony’s for salad and pizza. My hunger was a little off, but I had some salad and two small pieces before feeling stuffed.

IMAG1039.jpg

IMAG1041.jpg IMAG1042.jpg

(apologies for the crummy cell photos :()

I was a little afraid no one would like the cauliflower pizza when I ordered a small for the table, but was happily surprised when it ended up being everyone’s favorite. If you have an Anthony’s Pizza near you I highly recommend ordering the cauliflower pizza next time you go. It’s buttery, rich, and just plain delicious. It’s also a big crowd pleaser. Order it. ๐Ÿ™‚

It’s another crazy night for us. And, by crazy, I mean we’re in our pjs at 9:00pm and already falling asleep on the couch. Fine by me. Bring on the sleep. ๐Ÿ™‚

Good night.

1 Army Amy* November 12, 2011 at 9:42 pm

Beans and rice sounds just right. I might have to make that tomorrow. Hopefully you’ll be able to shake off this cold soon. It sounds so un-fun!*
Army Amy* recently posted..National Veterans Day Run: Race Recap

2 Katie @ Peace Love and Oats November 12, 2011 at 9:57 pm

Haha I totally agree about “Caitlin Meals”! I’m always so jealous of her simple, yet delicious looking food!
Katie @ Peace Love and Oats recently posted..Early Wake Up Call

3 kathleen @ the daily crumb November 12, 2011 at 10:06 pm

sounds very similar to my night! hope you feel better soon.
kathleen @ the daily crumb recently posted..of the moment {11.12.11}

4 Lindsay November 12, 2011 at 10:15 pm

Yum- I alwyas order broccoli on pizza but have never tried caulifower. Sounds delicious!
Lindsay recently posted..Productive Saturday

5 Erica November 12, 2011 at 10:17 pm

Hope you feel better soon! Yes please don’t mix alcohol with meds! I took a cold med once and went out…thought “what’s ONE drink?”. Omg…I felt sick, broke out in cold sweats and nearly passed out. Bad combination!!! After that, never again!
Erica recently posted..professional wedding pics: just the two of us

6 Cait's Plate November 13, 2011 at 9:05 am

Ugh feel better soon!! There’s nothing worse than feeling off in every way! ๐Ÿ™
Cait’s Plate recently posted..Brooklyn Brunch

7 Mallory @ It's Only Life November 13, 2011 at 10:24 am

feel better soon. i feel kind of off today- i woke up feeling hungover without even drinking at all last night! so strange.
Mallory @ It’s Only Life recently posted..Time To Switch It Up