Poor Plating

by Meghann on November 11, 2011

Some things I realized this morning:

1. Thanksgiving is less than 2 weeks away (which means I need to figure out what I’m making ASAP)
  2. Christmas isn’t too far after that (they even had the tree up at Epcot already)
  3. 2011 is almost over (what? I just got used to writing 11 after all my dates!)

Pretty soon it will be 2012, I’ll be turning 27 (gulp), and two of my siblings will be married.

I need a drink. Or chocolate.

It’s crazy how time flies, right? I went for a run with my friend Courtney yesterday and we had a whole conversation about her finals coming up in December. I remember having a very similar conversation recently when her semester was about to start up. Only it wasn’t recently, it was July. Fail.

I guess I just need to sit back and enjoy the ride because I have a feeling these next couple of months are just going to fly by. πŸ™‚

I apologize in advance for the poor plating job of my lunch. For some reason it was difficult to make a quesadilla with broccoli and salsa look pretty.

The quesadilla was filled with cheese, spinach, and black olives and was very greasy. I pressed it via the George Foreman and tried cutting it when it was still super hot. *tip* when making a quesadilla let it sit for a second – this gives the cheese time to harden/cool, otherwise you end up with a big gooey mess. πŸ™‚

I added salsa to the quesadilla and thought it would make a great condiment to the raw broccoli as well. It worked.

The container of mandarin oranges was a Dole Summit freebie that made a great sweet dessert after I polished off the quesadilla and broccoli.

All done.

Any big plans for the weekend?

1 kathleen @ the daily crumb November 11, 2011 at 2:27 pm

i had brussel sprouts and eggs for lunch… impossible to plate those nicely as well!

i have grand plans of cleaning, exercising, and relaxing this weekend after an insane few days of work!
kathleen @ the daily crumb recently posted..matty’s cookies {chewy butter cookies}

2 Silvina November 11, 2011 at 2:30 pm

No kidding about time flying by! I can’t believe this year is almost over!

3 Kelly November 11, 2011 at 2:37 pm

I am SO excited for it to be 2012!!!! πŸ™‚

4 Hope November 11, 2011 at 2:59 pm

Time seriously is flying by so quickly! I can’t believe I’m going to be 28 and by the end of this summer I will be a married woman! It’s crazy!

5 Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife November 11, 2011 at 3:02 pm

I had a turkey burger and sweet potato fries fo lunch…covered in KETCHUP. YUmm!!!

Heading to my bros for a weekend getaway with the husband. WHeeee!!
Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife recently posted..Oddities

6 Heather @ Get Healthy with Heather November 11, 2011 at 3:03 pm

It is just crazy that 2011 is almost over! I totally need to figure out what I’m making for thanksgiving too.. The count down is on!
Heather @ Get Healthy with Heather recently posted..crockpot chicken tortilla soup with cheesy triangles

7 Mdizzle November 11, 2011 at 3:13 pm

I thought you had three siblings- your twin, Ben, and Kelly…?

8 jessica November 12, 2011 at 12:16 am

only two are getting married though!

9 mindy @ just a one girl revolution. November 11, 2011 at 3:30 pm

I have ZERO weekend plans and couldn’t be happier about it!
mindy @ just a one girl revolution. recently posted..11.11.11

10 Cait's Plate November 11, 2011 at 3:38 pm

Just relaxing for me this weekend! Can’t wait! Thank GOODNESS it’s Friday!
Cait’s Plate recently posted..Maple-Bacon Belgian Waffles

11 Krissy November 11, 2011 at 3:40 pm

Time is going way to quickly…..once you have a child it speeds up even more! It is awful. Yummy lunch- I think I need to make quesidillas for dinner.
Krissy recently posted..Very early goal setting

12 Mahealani @ Beauty, Brains, and Balance November 11, 2011 at 4:11 pm

Hooray for George Foreman grills! I used to make grilled cheese in them. Not exactly panini quality but it works well!
Mahealani @ Beauty, Brains, and Balance recently posted..Howdy ho

13 Emily@SavoryandSavage November 11, 2011 at 4:23 pm

I had the same thoughts this morning – the year has gone by sooo fast.

I think it is amazing how much use you get out of your George Foreman grill – when I had one I barely touched it because everything I put into it turned into a charcoal briquette.
Emily@SavoryandSavage recently posted..Tyler Florence’s Wayfare Tavern

14 Katie @ Peace Love and Oats November 11, 2011 at 5:02 pm

Haha don’t worry, I rarely try and make my food look pretty. I’m usually too hungry and ready to eat it! My plans? Run a 10 mile race and get ready for law school finals. AH.
Katie @ Peace Love and Oats recently posted..Pre Race Jitters

15 Amanda November 11, 2011 at 5:51 pm

I think your plating looks pretty good. πŸ™‚

I can’t believe it’s almost Thanksgiving. My days are so busy, time is seriously flying by. I need more hours to get things done!
Amanda recently posted..Easy As (Pumpkin) Pie

16 Laura November 11, 2011 at 6:38 pm

CPR training. Going to save lives. Or at least get a little card.
Laura recently posted..Wishes

17 Joelle (On A Pink Typewriter) November 11, 2011 at 7:21 pm

I’m going to get my life organized this wkend! Relaxation and lots of to-do lists are on the menu. πŸ™‚ Oh, and roasting a chicken.
Joelle (On A Pink Typewriter) recently posted..Make a wish

18 Brittany @ GOtheXtraMile November 11, 2011 at 9:23 pm

Time is going by sooo fast! I cannot believe it. I feel like I was just in high school but it was like 3 years ago! Ahh the holidays. I love them πŸ™‚

19 Living, Learning, Eating November 12, 2011 at 4:53 am

Whenever I realize I’m already 18, I’m like ‘time to start living my life!’ It’s crazy how time flies. πŸ˜›
Living, Learning, Eating recently posted..Reminder

20 Ari @ Ari's Menu November 12, 2011 at 1:45 pm

Is it really only 2 weeks?!?!?! Oy vey! I turn 27 at the beginning of next year too…Not ready for that yet!
Ari @ Ari’s Menu recently posted..Ari’s Epic Day Off