more ยป" />

The Usual Spot

by Meghann on November 10, 2011

This morning I met my friend Courtney at our usual spot for a recovery 5 miler. Courtney is coming off of a killer PR from her half marathon this weekend (she placed 3rd female overall at the local Blue Moon Half! wowza!) and Im still recovering from the Savannah marathon, so the timing was perfect.

We started out a little speedier than my legs wanted to go, but we eventually found a steady conversational pace that worked for both of us. We filled each other in on race gossip and shared some upcoming goals. I think I may have talked Courtney into the Jingle Bell Run in St. Pete in December. ๐Ÿ˜‰

It was a little chilly, so I was craving a warm breakfast when I made it back home.

A nice bowl of hot multigrain cereal with peanut butter, apple, and pumpkin spice granola did the trick.

Are you doing any holiday races?

Since there are no Turkey Trots where my family lives, I’m considering reviving last year’s Anderson Turkey Trot for Thanksgiving 2011. I’m also considering the Reindeer Run 5k in Orlando on December 10th (anyone interested?!?) and the Jingle Bell 5k on December 7th. We’ll see. ๐Ÿ™‚

1 Meghan R November 10, 2011 at 10:10 am

Myself and 3 friends are doing the Reindeer Run! ๐Ÿ™‚

2 SkinnyRunner November 10, 2011 at 10:20 am

im doing a 10 mile turkey trot in phoenix. i want to dress up but feel like the whole turkey getup would be slightly difficult….
SkinnyRunner recently posted..The 2nd of 3 giveaways โ€“ Double X

3 Casey @ Pocket Full of Sunshine November 10, 2011 at 10:32 am

Mmm…your breakfast looks cozy and delicious!
Casey @ Pocket Full of Sunshine recently posted..5 New Favorites: Trader Joeโ€™s Edition

4 Katie @ Peace Love and Oats November 10, 2011 at 11:19 am

I’m doing a turkey trot in Kansas City with my family and then the Santa Hustle with my cousin the next weekend back here in Chicago!
Katie @ Peace Love and Oats recently posted..Thankful Thursday

5 Lindsay November 10, 2011 at 11:24 am

I am doing the NYRR Jingle Jog 4M in Brooklyn on December 10th!
Lindsay recently posted..Thanksgiving Sides Reinvented

6 Cait's Plate November 10, 2011 at 11:30 am

I’m not but I wish I were – it’s always something I want to do. Maybe I’ll sign up for a last-minute turkey trot or jingle bell race! ๐Ÿ™‚
Cait’s Plate recently posted..Thursdayโ€™s This & That

7 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More November 10, 2011 at 11:36 am

I really want to do the Venice Beach Christmas 10k on Dec 10th. I’ve been “training” but whether I get to do it is all going to depend on recovery from a procedure I’m having in a week. But I REALLY want to so that’s got to count, right? ๐Ÿ˜‰
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..A Day Off

8 Heather @ Get Healthy with Heather November 10, 2011 at 11:38 am

It’s crazy to think that holiday races are right around the corner!

What a nice run catching up with a friend.
Heather @ Get Healthy with Heather recently posted..crockpot chicken tortilla soup with cheesy triangles

9 Candice November 10, 2011 at 11:55 am

Love holiday runs! and running with a friend always make it more enjoyable!
Candice recently posted..November Challenges

10 Courtney @ The Petite AthlEAT November 10, 2011 at 12:08 pm

That Apple Oatmeal looks so good, and a nice easy 5-miler also sounds very nice ๐Ÿ™‚
Courtney @ The Petite AthlEAT recently posted..Shoes Like Shizz

11 Katelyn @ Chef Katelyn November 10, 2011 at 12:20 pm

Turkey trot has to happen. And a pumpkin-y granola, faaasure
Katelyn @ Chef Katelyn recently posted..Quality Time.

12 Nancy @ Beyoutiful Fitstyle November 10, 2011 at 12:21 pm

I wish I could run a holiday race! I’ve been searching for some but haven’t found one close enough or still open. Plus it gets super cold come Christmas time. What’s the lowest temp you would run a race in?
Nancy @ Beyoutiful Fitstyle recently posted..Two Days in a Row

13 Laura November 10, 2011 at 12:37 pm

I’m doing the Holiday Half in Portland. Probably won’t dress up, but I am going for my first sub 2, so I think that counts as holiday cheer.
Laura recently posted..Happy Birthday, Marines!

14 Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife November 10, 2011 at 12:58 pm

OH a holiday run would be fun!! I say go for it ๐Ÿ™‚
Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife recently posted..Inside An Anorexicโ€™s Mind

15 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey November 10, 2011 at 1:01 pm

I’m not doing any holiday races, but I am doing the World Half in Disney on January 7th!!!
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..cinnamon apple streusel scuffins

16 Deva @ Deva by Definition November 10, 2011 at 1:16 pm

Technically, I’m not running a holiday race, but I am going to be running a 5k the Saturday before Thanksgiving. It will be my first race and I am crazy excited.
Deva @ Deva by Definition recently posted..#fitblog: Overcoming ALL the Odds!

17 Melo November 10, 2011 at 1:31 pm

How about the Holiday Halfathon on Dec. 11th? I’ll be in the Tampa area (from NYC) on that weekend, and I’m highly considering it. Great race to run de day before getting on a 5-day Carnival Cruise ๐Ÿ˜›

18 Matteson @ Healthy High Schooler November 10, 2011 at 1:33 pm

I’m doing a Turkey Trot Trail race 5k near me! I’ve never done a holiday race before, so I’m pretty excited!
Matteson @ Healthy High Schooler recently posted..No More Lazy Half-Days

19 kathleen @ the daily crumb November 10, 2011 at 1:48 pm

i’m doing an 8k turkey trot in chicago with my hubs. it’s the first race we’ve run together and the longest race he’s ever done! he doesn’t run much but is a speed demon… i’m going to be huffing and puffing to keep up!
kathleen @ the daily crumb recently posted..coffee talk {11.10.11}

20 Heather @ Better With Veggies November 10, 2011 at 1:59 pm

I’m doing the Atlanta Half Marathon on Thanksgiving morning. I plan on a Christmas race in December, but don’t have one picked out yet.
Heather @ Better With Veggies recently posted..Yoga in My Pajamas

21 LaRae November 10, 2011 at 2:12 pm

I’ve never ran any marathons or half marathons, but I’m hoping sometime next year I’ll be trained for one! So this December I’m doing a Jingle Run at a local church to help prepare (either a short 3k or 6k, haven’t decided yet.)

22 Emily November 10, 2011 at 2:58 pm

I always do the Jingle Bell. And I will be doing a local turkey trot. It is the 103rd annual running of Cincinnati’s Thanksgiving Day race! ๐Ÿ™‚
Emily recently posted..NoJoMoโ€“Day 10

23 Brittany @ GOtheXtraMile November 10, 2011 at 3:07 pm

Yay for morning runs and warm breakfasts ๐Ÿ™‚ I am doing a Turkey Trot 5k on Thanksgiving ๐Ÿ˜€

24 Mary @ Bites and Bliss November 10, 2011 at 4:10 pm

I’ll be doing my first holiday run this season!! I think there’s a Jingle Bell 5K and a Santa run back home I may be in town for. ๐Ÿ™‚
Mary @ Bites and Bliss recently posted..12 Weeks of Flour-free: Peanut Butter Cookies