Eggs

by Meghann on November 8, 2011

Good Morning!

Thank you for all your well wishes. I’m still recovering from a sore throat, but the sweats went away last night. I even woke up with enough energy to tackle the gym this morning.

I wasn’t ready to run yet, but I did get a brisk 20 minute walk in on the treadmill while watching The Today Show. (Anyone else suddenly inspired to travel to Madrid?)

Then I headed to the weights for New Rules of Lifting for Women Stage 4A. I kept the weights where I started at two weeks ago, but could still feel the burn. I have every intention of completing the rest of stage 4 without further interruption over the next few weeks. No more breaks. Pinky swear. πŸ™‚

Breakfast

Look – eggs! I can’t remember the last time I made eggs for breakfast on a weekday, but they sounded good and they were the easiest source of protein I could come up with. Just two eggs scrambled with a teaspoon of mushroom powder and I was good to go.

Not an everyday breakfast, but I’m going to try to bring eggs into my meal plan once or twice a week. I’m hoping for one day of eggs, one day of cereal, one day of oatmeal, etc. with the goal of a balanced week of breakfasts. That’s the plan anyways.

On the side was a persimmon that survived the trip from California

And a piece of toast slathered with Trader Joe’s Pumpkin Butter that also survived the trip from California.

πŸ™‚

I’m going to sip on a cup of hot water with lemon and ginger – my go-to cure for a sore throat.

Have a great Tuesday everyone!

1 Mary @ food and fun on the run November 8, 2011 at 10:08 am

The breakfast variety will probably be great for your eating routine! Eggs always make me feel like its the weekend, probably because I never make them during the week! I used to microwave them in a coffee cup and then put them on an english muffin for an egg mcmuffin type of sandwich. Yum!!
Mary @ food and fun on the run recently posted..The 2011 Tampa Bay Heart Walk

2 Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat November 8, 2011 at 10:09 am

I’m doing the exact same thing for my sore throat! I’ve had it for about a week and a half now and I think I’m finally on the mend, but I’ve consumed more lemon and ginger over the past 2 weeks than I think I have all year! Happy Tuesday to you too!
Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat recently posted..Food Cures

3 laura November 8, 2011 at 10:10 am

i am from Spain, in Asturias you have a home πŸ™‚
i live in Tampa now.

4 Allie November 8, 2011 at 10:11 am

You have so many pumpkin-y type condiments! I am so jealous. I need to cross the border and find me a Trader Joe’s! πŸ™‚

5 Khushboo November 8, 2011 at 10:12 am

A great protein breakfast is oatmeal pancakes made with half cup oats, cinnamon, vanilla essence and 3 egg whites….and racks in a hefty 20g protein!
Khushboo recently posted..Do your boss a favor

6 Cait's Plate November 8, 2011 at 10:19 am

Sometimes a good workout is exactly what I need to get back on my feet! Hope you can kick it and get back to 100% today! πŸ™‚
Cait’s Plate recently posted..Make Your Monday

7 kathleen @ the daily crumb November 8, 2011 at 10:28 am

i have to say, i’ve never heard of mushroom powder. sounds interesting! i LOVE eggs for breakfast, but for some reason, only on the weekends. i know… weird. there is nothing better, though, than a big fluffy saturday morning omelette.
kathleen @ the daily crumb recently posted..time crunch treadmill workout + caffeine: a discussion

8 Jessica November 8, 2011 at 10:40 am

Ooh, is that a persimmon? Love those things!

9 Cat @Breakfast to Bed November 8, 2011 at 10:46 am

watching the “Today Show” all I could thing was “ohmygosh my vagina, ohmygosh my vagina” TWENTY children?!?!? WHAT THE ?!?!

10 Nicole of Raspberry Stethoscope November 8, 2011 at 10:47 am

Nicole of Raspberry Stethoscope recently posted..Riding

11 Nicole of Raspberry Stethoscope November 8, 2011 at 10:46 am

Never heard of mushroom powder, but it sounds yummy!

12 Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife November 8, 2011 at 10:57 am

Little bit of hot water, honey, and lemon essential oil (or lemon –but it is less intense/concentrated) does the trick for ANY sore throat πŸ™‚

Feel better!

I LOVE eggs in the a.m. BEST b-fast ever!
Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife recently posted..Easy Butternut Squash Soup

13 Bobbi November 8, 2011 at 11:34 am

I am going to have to send you some of TJ’s other butters, they are amazing!!!!
Bobbi recently posted..FoodBuzz Festival 2011 Part I

14 Lauren November 8, 2011 at 11:44 am

Hope you feel better soon!

One of my favorite protein-rich breakfasts (or lunch, or dinner – it’s versatile!) is frittata. I usually make it with Eggbeaters, mushrooms, broccoli, peppers, parmesan, etc. The possibilities really are limitless, and the end result is always so yummy and satisfying.

15 Emily@SavoryandSavage November 8, 2011 at 12:01 pm

Eggs are my go-to breakfast meal because it makes it easy to get in protein at the start of the day.

I hope you are back to feeling 100% soon.

Make yourself some simple homemade chicken soup if you can – that tends to make any cold I have clear up right away.
Emily@SavoryandSavage recently posted..Delectable nibbles

16 Katie @ Peace Love and Oats November 8, 2011 at 12:04 pm

I definitely think it’s a good idea to mix up breakfast! Although right now I’m in love with oatmeal…
Katie @ Peace Love and Oats recently posted..New Breakfast Flavors

17 Amanda November 8, 2011 at 12:17 pm

The last time I ate a persimmon it made my mouth feel all scratchy and dry. Not sure if it was some sort of an allergy, or a bad piece of fruit? I love their bright orange color though. πŸ™‚

Feel better soon!
Amanda recently posted..Almond Joy Smoothie

18 Alaina November 8, 2011 at 12:20 pm

I’ve been to Madrid!! It is such an amazing city! πŸ™‚

Eggs are the best for breakfast.
Alaina recently posted..Are You Ready for Some Football?

19 Courtney November 8, 2011 at 12:20 pm

Ah, eggs. I used to eat them quite a bit until I was told I had alarmingly high cholesterol (weird for an active vegetarian who, despite my last blog post, usually eats relatively healthy). One of these days I’ll give egg whites a go. πŸ™‚
Courtney recently posted..Pasta + Donuts = PR? Yes! (Daytona Beach Half Recap)

20 Army Amy* November 8, 2011 at 12:53 pm

I love Where in the World is Matt Lauer! I actually want to go to Namimbia now!*
Army Amy* recently posted..Walk the Line

21 Maria November 8, 2011 at 1:45 pm

Madrid is great!!! (what can I say? I live there….)
and of course you are welcome to come!
Maria recently posted..La tormenta