Still an hour ahead

by Meghann on November 7, 2011

I’m pretty sure my body is still stuck on daylight savings time. At 10:30 I was a little hungry and by the time 11:00 hit, I was starving. I had a handful of trail mix and managed to hold my hunger off until noon time.

I don’t think I’ve put together a lunch so fast. I was going to press my wrap, but even that felt like it would take too much time. A cold wrap was fine by me.

My original plan was to fill the wrap with only leftover roasted veggies and a single slice of cheese, but then I remembered what my nutritionist said about adding protein to my meals. I upped the ante with 1/2 cup of chickpeas and finished everything off with a tablespoon of peppercorn dressing.

The wrap was overflowing with goodies, so I wrapped some aluminum foil around it to keep everything in.

On the side was a serving of plantain chips.

In other exciting news… I was NOT expecting this email to come through my inbox today.

Screen shot 2011-11-07 at 1.09.46 PM.png

Race photos already? Bravo, Rock ‘N’ Roll and Brightroom for having the photos up so quickly. Bravo. πŸ™‚

There weren’t many photos in my stash (I think the jacket I tied around my waist caused my bib to fold and my number to become illegible), but I had a few memorable ones.

Screen shot 2011-11-07 at 8.36.21 AM.png

These were my favorite. I just wish Ben would have warned me he was striking a pose! I would have too!

Screen shot 2011-11-07 at 8.31.25 AM.png Screen shot 2011-11-07 at 8.32.11 AM.png

^See my camera in my left hand?^ I carried it through all 26.2 miles. In my rush to pack for my marathon over a week ago, I forgot to pack one of my SpiBelts to hold it during the race. Runner fail. πŸ™

I did shove in my top for the finish line and managed to get some semi-decent photos of Ben and I sprinting to the end.

Screen shot 2011-11-07 at 8.33.00 AM.png Screen shot 2011-11-07 at 8.33.42 AM.png

Woo hoo!!!!

I have plans to do a little review on the outfit I wore for the marathon sometime this week. Yes, it’s Lululemon, but I purchased it a week before the marathon based more on the cutness factor than on the supportive/comfort factor. I wouldn’t recommend this tactic, but it actually worked out great. I didn’t chafe and felt great. Again I’ll go in more details on a separate post.

Screen shot 2011-11-07 at 8.37.21 AM.png

Awkward angle finisher’s shot? Check! Major props to anyone who looks good in their finish line photos. I am not one of them. πŸ™‚

Other Savannah recaps are starting to pop up! Check them out!

@ShirtlessBen: Savannah Marathon

@Danielle: Rock n Roll Savannah Half Marathon Weekend

@TheSingingRunner: Rock n Roll Savannah Half Marathon

@PBFingers: Savannah Rock ‘n’ Roll Half Marathon

@FaithFitnessFun: I DID IT!!

@SkinnyRunner: Rock ‘N’ Roll Savannah Race Recap

@EatWatchRun: Race Review Savannah Rock ‘n’ Run Marathon

@Shannon: Savannah Rock N Roll Recap

Did I forget anyone?

1 Krissy @ Shiawase Life November 7, 2011 at 2:39 pm

Y’all look great!! I really miss that Lulu outlet in Orlando…

Hahah all of my finishing photos are ridic! πŸ˜€ I am hoping to remedy that on Saturday!!!!
Krissy @ Shiawase Life recently posted..Pinch me.

2 Caroline November 7, 2011 at 2:40 pm

Yes! Love the photos of you and your brother running towards the finish. It’s so neat that you’re able to do races with your siblings! Congrats on a great finish:)
Caroline recently posted..Back to Running After Illness…

3 Gina @ Running to the Kitchen November 7, 2011 at 2:43 pm

I love that lulu shirt! The picture at the end with both your hands up is a good one πŸ™‚
Gina @ Running to the Kitchen recently posted..Philadelphia half marathon training week 8

4 kathleen @ the daily crumb November 7, 2011 at 2:47 pm

i’ve worn lululemon for both of my marathons… gotta look cute in the pictures!!

i use hummus + scrambled eggs a lot to squeeze protein into my sandwiches/wraps. for me there is a strong correlation between protein and fullness factor, so i definitely do my best to get some in there.
kathleen @ the daily crumb recently posted..sour cream blueberry bundt cake

5 Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife November 7, 2011 at 2:50 pm

I LOVE race photos! You look great!

Gotta check out those other re-caps. Thanks πŸ™‚
Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife recently posted..A Rule For More Muscle

6 Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat November 7, 2011 at 2:51 pm

LOL – props to anyone who looks good in ANY race photos – I never do!! πŸ™‚
Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat recently posted..Out and About

7 J November 7, 2011 at 3:12 pm

instead of adding the chickpeas for protein, they are WAY carb-y and I dont think thats what the nutritionist had in mind. I think she meant to go with protein in the non-carb/sugar variety, like actual meat (lean) or fish.

Your carb intake in that lunch alone was through the roof.

8 mel November 8, 2011 at 2:35 pm

Beans are a superfood!! Eat em up

9 Lisa (bakebikeblog) November 7, 2011 at 3:34 pm

ugh yes – race photos – mine are always TERRIBLE!!!
Lisa (bakebikeblog) recently posted..Lakeside and lasagne

10 Cait's Plate November 7, 2011 at 3:35 pm

Woohoo!!! Those pictures are AWESOME!!

Also? That wrap looks insanely good!
Cait’s Plate recently posted..Make Your Monday

11 Kiran @ KiranTarun.com November 7, 2011 at 3:54 pm

Awesome photos – love it that you both ran this race to the finish πŸ™‚ Oh! I miss my little brother after reading your race recap and looking at this photos πŸ™‚
Kiran @ KiranTarun.com recently posted..Oh! Pumpkin

12 Erin November 7, 2011 at 3:54 pm

Adam at The Boring Runner also did Savannah. I’m sad that more people didn’t think this was a great race. I loved Savannah when I visited last summer and I really wanted the race to be great.
Erin recently posted..Salty Sixteen

13 Katie @ Peace Love and Oats November 7, 2011 at 3:56 pm

for a 5K I did, there were literally 15 photos at the finish line with my forehead in the foreground because they were trying to get pictures of people behind me… that was a winner.
Katie @ Peace Love and Oats recently posted..Christmas Pear Oatmeal

14 erica November 7, 2011 at 4:22 pm

great finish line photos! πŸ™‚ i love seeing people cross the finish line together. congrats to you and your bro!
erica recently posted..ups and downs…

15 Alaina November 7, 2011 at 4:46 pm

I think you both look great!! So happy at the end! πŸ™‚ Great job!
Alaina recently posted..RunHundred: Top 10 Workout Songs for November

16 rachel November 7, 2011 at 4:54 pm

just so you know, as a future registered dietitian just like the one you spoke to, the term nutritionist is pretty annoying to those in our industry. a nutritionist can be anybody, it’s not a regulated term at all. a registered dietitian goes through extensive classroom and practical experiences, including a 9 month long internship, and then sits for an exam to earn the credential RD. just sayin’, she’s probably appreciate not being called a nutritionist.

17 Joelle (On A Pink Typewriter) November 7, 2011 at 4:58 pm

Mmm, that wrap looks yummy!! I love making veggie wraps, although I’m not a chickpeas fan unless they’re in hummus. πŸ™‚
Joelle (On A Pink Typewriter) recently posted..Monday things from the weekend

18 Mary @ Bites and Bliss November 7, 2011 at 6:45 pm

Awesome photos!! Really great. πŸ™‚ You’re one of those that can look fantastic crossing a finish line after 26.2 miles! I, on the other hand, look aweful after just one!
Mary @ Bites and Bliss recently posted..Summed up

19 Army Amy* November 7, 2011 at 7:16 pm

I love how yor hair is swishing back and forth in the pictures! It makes you look fast!*
Army Amy* recently posted..NYD Training: T-Minus 8 Weeks

20 Coco November 7, 2011 at 8:03 pm

Cute pics! You look so over joyed- it’s awesome!
Coco recently posted..Monday means back at the gym

21 Shannon @ A Pinch of Ginger November 7, 2011 at 8:06 pm

Don’t forget me πŸ™‚

PS I did a yoga class today too and man did that feel good after this weekend!

22 Meghann November 8, 2011 at 10:18 am

Ahhhh!!! So sorry Shannon! I didn’t mean to leave yours off!

23 Anna @ Food Fitness Frolicking November 7, 2011 at 8:28 pm

Your photos are great!! You are so photogenic!!
Anna @ Food Fitness Frolicking recently posted..Homemade Pumpkin Spice Latte and Perfected Pumpkin Oats

24 Courtney @ The Petite AthlEAT November 7, 2011 at 8:50 pm

Whooo! I love to see a girl getting her protein! Those photos look amazing, too!

25 Jessica @ Sushi and Sit-Ups November 7, 2011 at 9:33 pm

Love the pictures–you both look great! Your wrap is definitely making me crave some chickpeas. Yum!

26 carly November 8, 2011 at 12:17 am

Cute finish with your brother! I wish mine weren’t so lazy. πŸ™‚ BTW, that wrap you made looks really scrumptious!
carly recently posted..My Beaverton dentist

27 Tara Burner November 8, 2011 at 10:34 am

Great job!!! πŸ™‚
love the pics
Tara Burner recently posted..Greener Pup eco friendly dog bed review, giveaway & discount

28 Ashley November 8, 2011 at 5:00 pm

Your race pictures turned out way better than mine! I look like I’m about to keel over! I wrote a race recap if anyone is interested in reading it:
Ashley recently posted..Rock β€˜n Roll Savannah Half Marathon Race and Expo Recap and Review

29 Kristin November 9, 2011 at 2:03 pm

I did the half, that finisher photo angle was awful, what was he laying on the ground? Yours is better than mine for sure. Your pictures are actually amazing, love them.

30 Heather @ Better With Veggies November 9, 2011 at 2:10 pm

I can’t believe you ran the entire marathon holding a camera, impressive & crazy – love it! πŸ™‚
Heather @ Better With Veggies recently posted..What I Ate Wednesday: 4th Edition