LA Bound

by Meghann on October 31, 2011

Greetings from high in the sky!

It’s been a while since I’ve blogged from an airplane. Last year I felt like I was blogging from a different one every week! I sooo do not miss that. Unfortunately my schedule looks like it’s leaning towards that same crazy travel schedule this coming month.

I’m currently on my way to Los Angeles to attend the Dole Blogger Summit (with a couple of extra days attached to the front to see my long lost twin brother), then I fly straight to Savannah to run the marathon on Saturday (that will be a fun flight/run). After the marathon I’m hitching a ride to my parents’ house with my little brother where I’ll rent a car to take me back to Tampa.

Did you get all that? Oh, it gets better.

Next Saturday I’ll be in Tallahassee for a wedding, the following Monday I’ll be heading to South Carolina for a work thing, the weekend after that I’ll be in Orlando for my little brother’s birthday, the weekend after that is Thanksgiving, and, finally, the first weekend in December I’ll be in Vegas running the half marathon.

I get dizzy just thinking about it. How did my travel schedule fill up so quickly?

Hopefully I’ll get back to my frequent-traveler-packing roots because I failed miserably this afternoon. I lost track of time catching up on work stuff from the weekend and ended up just re-packing a lot of the items I just unpacked and loaded in the wash. At least having everything already divided made it easy?

Packing snacks included roasted pumpkin seeds and a graham cracker with apple sauce.

IMG_0538.JPG IMG_0540.JPG

Dinner was a packed meal that I (thankfully) remembered to throw together at the last minute.

Wraps are my favorite go-to travel food. You don’t have to worry about them getting squished, they’re easy to make, and all you have to do is peel the foil back and you’re good to go – no utensils required!

IMG_0543.JPG IMG_0544.JPG IMG_0548.JPG IMG_0549.JPG

All of the above can be said for apples too.

The package of Justin’s Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups wasn’t exactly the Kit Kat Bar I had my heart set on, but they were already in my fridge ready to go. I’ll have to track down a Kit Kat bar soon though!

My flight was slightly delayed before take off, but the team did a great job boarding us in a timely matter.

The good news is I scored a row of seats all to myself – Yes!

The bad new is none of them recline – boo.

I’m going to save my $14.95 for inflight internet and wait to publish this until I land on the west coast.

See ya in LA!

1 Sophie November 1, 2011 at 5:33 am

Wow, that is a very hectic schedule!!
Sophie recently posted..Monday Memories: The Day We Met Maisie.

2 Hope November 1, 2011 at 7:22 am

You have a lot of traveling coming up but it sounds like it’s going to be fun! I’m jealous! Have a great time in LA! 🙂
Hope recently posted..A Roasted Favorite…

3 Cait @ Beyond Bananas November 1, 2011 at 7:41 am

Seats to yourself?! Jealous. i don’t think I’ve ever been on a plan that wasn’t completely full with people waiting on standby!
Cait @ Beyond Bananas recently posted..Gina’s Take on Race Training

4 kathleen @ the daily crumb November 1, 2011 at 7:46 am

safe travels! sounds like a crazy few weeks, but hopefully fun as well.
kathleen @ the daily crumb recently posted..10 things: cliffsnotes of the day

5 Katie @ Peace Love and Oats November 1, 2011 at 8:12 am

oh my gosh, you might as well just throw you luggage into the wash and then right back in your luggage! No need to unpack! I hope you have a good time in LA!
Katie @ Peace Love and Oats recently posted..Perfect Birthday for the Indecisive

6 Siena November 1, 2011 at 8:21 am

What a busy schedule! I hope you have fun in LA I’ve always wanted to visit there!
Siena recently posted..Slackline Roll!

7 Run.Learn.Repeat November 1, 2011 at 8:51 am

I hope your trip to LA is a good one! I was jealous of your pumpkin seeds snack. We ate al of ours way to fast. I might have to go buy another pumpkin just so I can roast the seeds again.
Run.Learn.Repeat recently posted..Race Recap: How I Got My Half Marathon PR

8 Amanda November 1, 2011 at 9:00 am

That’s a crazy busy schedule! But at least it’s all fun things. 🙂

Have fun in LA! I hear they’re having beautiful weather right now.
Amanda recently posted..Classic Apple Pie – Veganized

9 Silvia @ skinny jeans food November 1, 2011 at 9:19 am

Haha, good that you have a live-in dog sitter 😉 No food buzz festival this year? you are all over the front page of the festival’s web page.
Silvia @ skinny jeans food recently posted..Baby Bok Choy with Goat Cheese and Pomegranate

10 Emily November 1, 2011 at 9:23 am

I am impressed that you have the whole row of seats to yourself. I haven’t been on a flight like that in probably close to 10 years! Enjoy LA!
Emily recently posted..Back on Track–Squatting

11 Cat @Breakfast to Bed November 1, 2011 at 9:25 am

I think your schedule just made ME a little nauseated.
Cat @Breakfast to Bed recently posted..Attack of the Grim Creeper

12 Kate November 1, 2011 at 9:28 am

Oh! What part of South Carolina will you be in? I’m in Columbia going to school and would love to get together for a meal or something if you have time!

13 Crabby McSlacker November 1, 2011 at 10:15 am

Looking forward to seeing you at Dole! And I think you should be our official photographer, if you can do that well inside a plane. I can’t take a picture to save my life–either that, or all my friends and relatives just tend to be blurry.

14 Cait's Plate November 1, 2011 at 10:26 am

Ah so exciting! I’ve never been to LA but it’s one place I’m DYING to go! Can’t wait to see photos!
Cait’s Plate recently posted..Pumpkin Apple Cobbler Oats

15 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More November 1, 2011 at 11:04 am

I’m guessing since this has been published I can say Welcome to LA! 🙂

And you have quite the schedule….
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..Happy Halloween / Music Monday

16 Mallory @ It's Only Life November 1, 2011 at 11:05 am

have fun! i’d graciously accept a schedule where I could travel a lot! it beats the same old 9-5 every day….
Mallory @ It’s Only Life recently posted..Happy Thanksgiving?

17 Gina @ Running to the Kitchen November 1, 2011 at 11:10 am

That’s a schedule I do not envy! Have fun in LA 🙂
Gina @ Running to the Kitchen recently posted..Avocado citrus smoothie

18 Courtney @ The Petite AthlEAT November 1, 2011 at 11:13 am

Those Justin’s organic peanut butter cups looks heavenly!!
Courtney @ The Petite AthlEAT recently posted..14 Thrillmill Miles

19 Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife November 1, 2011 at 11:30 am

HOLY traveling! Good luck. and have fun in LA 🙂

I love when I get extra seats on airplanes….ahhhh
Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife recently posted..What Is The BodyBugg ?

20 Deva @ Deva by Definition November 1, 2011 at 11:52 am

I used to be amazingly awesome at flying, and now? Not so much. I dont’ fly that often. I am good at road trips, though!
Deva @ Deva by Definition recently posted..Colder Weather

21 Marlina November 1, 2011 at 4:07 pm

I’m dying for that peanut butter cup right about now!

Have a grrrrreat trip!
Marlina recently posted..Dinner: Coconut Chicken Chili

22 Lynda @ Hit The Road Jane November 1, 2011 at 4:35 pm

Don’t you love LA’s running weather? I swear they have little to no humidity compared to Florida!!
Lynda @ Hit The Road Jane recently posted..New Healthy Snack!

23 RunningOnCoffee November 1, 2011 at 7:21 pm

Jealous of your empty row! My last flight (cross-country) was entirely FULL. And the woman across the aisle was eating stinky Corn Nuts. I don’t know the last time I had an empty seat next to me on a plane. I would never pay $14.95 for in flight wireless! There’s at least half an hour on each end that you can’t use electronic devices, which only leaves a couple hours – I entertain myself with non-internet laptop, reading magazines, or the in-flight movie if it’s good.
RunningOnCoffee recently posted..Review: Wrist ID Slim