Foiled again!

by Meghann on October 31, 2011

Darn you rain.

IMAG0998.jpg

Once again you foiled my plans for a nice run outside. Grrr….

I was tempted to say ‘the hell with it’ and just run through the rain, but I’m flying out of Tampa tonight and the idea of packing soaked running shoes wasn’t a nice one. So I choked down my pride and met up with my old friend, Mr. Treadmill.

IMAG0997.jpg

The good news? Five miles felt a lot better than eight. πŸ™‚

I was able to watch an entire episode of Army Wives via my phone and I felt a teeny bit better when it started to pour outside halfway through my run (a good sign I made the right decision when choosing the treadmill).

My post-treadmill reward: overnight oats in a jar!

Last night I prepped:

• The last of a jar of Naturally Nutty White Chocolate Coconut Peanut Butter
  • 1/2 cup rolled oats
  • plain yogurt
  • almond milk
  • chia seeds
  • cinnamon

This morning I added:

• Pumpkin Apple Pecan Bread from The Apple Barn

It was a little chilly for this mix this morning, but that didn’t stop me from gobbling the whole thing down. Yum. πŸ™‚

Before I forget…

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!!

Does anyone work at a place where they dress up for Halloween?!?

We all dressed in costume (complete with a costume contest, group photo, and desk-to-desk trick-or-treating) at my first job out of school, but I was sad when my second company wasn’t as festive.

1 Krissy @ Shiawase Life October 31, 2011 at 9:44 am

No costumes here…but candy, yes πŸ™‚
Krissy @ Shiawase Life recently posted..Should vs. Reality

2 Cat @Breakfast to Bed October 31, 2011 at 9:51 am

no, but we’re trick or treating tonight!! We’re going as farmers and fruits.
Cat @Breakfast to Bed recently posted..Egg My Car and I Will Bring The Nightmares.

3 Christina @ Just Running October 31, 2011 at 9:53 am

Why do you only have one pair of running shoes?!

4 Meghann October 31, 2011 at 9:55 am

I have an older pair, but I hate switching shoes the week before a big race (my marathon is on Saturday)

5 Candice October 31, 2011 at 10:05 am

Totally dressing up!! I work at at a gym and its fun that all the instructors show up in crazy costumes!
Candice recently posted..Hallows Eve!

6 Meghann October 31, 2011 at 10:25 am

One of the instructors at my gym today was dressed as a weight lifting zombie. I thought it was fun πŸ™‚
Meghann recently posted..Foiled again!

7 christine @ BookishlyB October 31, 2011 at 10:06 am

I’m a high school teacher and they let the kids dress up as long as the costume somewhat follows dresscode. I’m expecting a lot of naughty nurses, vampires, and school girls. Sigh.
christine @ BookishlyB recently posted..Boooooo! October Reviews

8 Callie @ The Wannabe Athlete October 31, 2011 at 10:10 am

You wimp! My friend and I went running this morning in the rain. We’re gangsta like that. πŸ™‚ Oh and yes, my office dressed up in costume today AND we won best group costume! Whoop whoop!
Callie @ The Wannabe Athlete recently posted..My Heart.

9 Courtney October 31, 2011 at 10:14 am

Too bad you couldn’t have a rainy run; I <3 running in the rain! My office doesn't dress up for Halloween, but we've been playing Thriller and other fun "spooky" songs.
Courtney recently posted..I Wish I Could Multitask as Well as This Post a.k.a. Weekly Wrap-up, Thankful Thursday, Etc.

10 Kat @ balanceandspice October 31, 2011 at 10:17 am

That mix looks amazing. I work in a yoga studio where I teach kids, so we absolutely dress up! The kids picked for me – a fairy cat. Pretty darn cute!
Kat @ balanceandspice recently posted..What’s Cookin, Good Lookin? Zucchini Pasta with Brussels Sprouts and Broccoli

11 Michelle @ Crazy*Running*Legs October 31, 2011 at 10:17 am

You should have run in the rain! Although I understand the sogging running shoes. It may raining on Saturday. BLAH!!

I am dressed up today — as a runner πŸ™‚ So creative!

12 Amy October 31, 2011 at 10:32 am

Meghann I just posted a slideshow re: Halloween-crazy offices on my blog for CBS Moneywatch! My fave is the chicken…in a cube.
Amy recently posted..Halloween at Work: 5 Crazy Costumed Offices

13 Cait's Plate October 31, 2011 at 10:38 am

I don’t usually dress up but some people in my office do! I stick to Halloween socks and t-shirts πŸ™‚
Cait’s Plate recently posted..Choices are a Good Thing

14 Andrea @ The Skinny Chronicles October 31, 2011 at 10:55 am

TV watching on cell phone while treadmilling is pretty much brilliant. Three cheers for that idea!
Andrea @ The Skinny Chronicles recently posted..Day Off For Baking?

15 Siena October 31, 2011 at 11:00 am

The rain ruined my running plans also! I ended up going on the treadmill too!
Siena recently posted..Slackline Roll!

16 Katie @ Peace Love and Oats October 31, 2011 at 11:13 am

I LOVE oats in a jar! It just makes breakfast more fun! And I’m in law school, so no work, but I’m interested to see if anyone dressed up…
Katie @ Peace Love and Oats recently posted..Perfect Birthday for the Indecisive

17 kathleen @ the daily crumb October 31, 2011 at 11:13 am

nice run, meghann! i know how tough it is to suck it up and grind out a run on the treadmill. unfortunately the weather is getting colder by the minute here in chicago and it looks like i have a pretty long winter ahead of my on the wheel of death (as i affectionately call it!)
kathleen @ the daily crumb recently posted..life in the moment.

18 Krystina (Organically Me) October 31, 2011 at 11:15 am

Happy Halloween! I haven’t dressed up in years.

19 Maureen October 31, 2011 at 11:35 am

I work at a high school, so we can dress up if we want. Luckily, we had today off!!
Maureen recently posted..Blah

20 Alaina October 31, 2011 at 12:06 pm

Definitely no costumes where I work (hotel in downtown Boston). I didn’t dress up this year, either. Ah well. There will be other Halloweens!
Alaina recently posted..The Run That Wasn’t

21 Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife October 31, 2011 at 12:07 pm

I dress up in black and orange!! So festive πŸ™‚

I love a good treadmill run! Nicely done!
Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife recently posted..Eggs and Jam

22 Dave October 31, 2011 at 12:24 pm

No – The middle school students would get to crazy if we all dressed up. Too bad about the rain. I braved the weather yesterday and ran in it. It wasn’t that enjoyable. You didn’t miss out on anything.

23 deva @ deva by definition October 31, 2011 at 12:34 pm

It was 40 degrees out when I woke up – and raining. I stayed in bed another half hour and ran on the treadmill instead.

My company does do costumes, but I didnt’ dress up this year – maybe next!
deva @ deva by definition recently posted..hey, lookits a Friday Five!

24 Living, Learning, Eating October 31, 2011 at 12:35 pm

YUM πŸ™‚
Living, Learning, Eating recently posted..NaNoWriMo 2011

25 Amanda October 31, 2011 at 12:47 pm

Desk-to-desk trick or treating sounds like a great way to celebrate! More companies should do that.
Amanda recently posted..Classic Apple Pie – Veganized

26 Jess@atasteofconfidence October 31, 2011 at 1:07 pm

I coach a team and am dressing up for their party tomorrow. πŸ™‚ Sorry about the rain!
Jess@atasteofconfidence recently posted..my grandma’s potato chip cookies

27 Morgan @ Life After Bagels October 31, 2011 at 1:32 pm

we DEFINITELY dressed up at my old job, it was mandatory to do at least some kind of creative makeup if not a total costume

now I’m missing it SOOOOO MUCH!
Morgan @ Life After Bagels recently posted..Fall Bounty

28 jillian October 31, 2011 at 1:33 pm

no dressing up at work for me! I also have a marathon on Sunday — what are you doing for mileage this week? how many days of running? We seem to be on similar schedules…

29 Meghann October 31, 2011 at 1:43 pm

I’m planning on taking it easy this week with a 5 miler today, 4 miler tomorrow, and maybe a 3 miler on Wednesday. I’ve sort of been flying by the seat of my pants training for this race, but usually I won’t go more than 10-12 miles the week before a marathon.

30 Amanda October 31, 2011 at 1:50 pm

Why don’t you like running in the rain? I love running in the rain! All you really need is close fitting clothes (so they don’t bother you once they get wet) and a baseball hat. Another option for particularly rainy days is a thin waterproof jacket, but I find that those are only good if the temperature is low enough…like right above freezing. Otherwise, you totally get to hot.

31 Meghann October 31, 2011 at 1:53 pm

I think it’s cause I’m not a fan of getting wet. I’ll rank it up there with how much I dislike that initial jump in the pool or why I’m not a fan of showering. I’m fine once I am wet, but that initial stage of getting wet is no fun. (i’m sure there’s a TWSS joke in there somewhere…)

32 traci October 31, 2011 at 7:00 pm

I’m the Corporae Recruiter at a company with about 900 employees. About 100 of us dressed up this year. I went as a spider web. Fun day.

33 critterblogs October 31, 2011 at 7:29 pm

Yes, we have a costume contest at work and they have really good prizes, like $100 gift cards, electronics, etc. Also tons of treats for everyone.

34 Sophie November 2, 2011 at 3:22 pm

We’re having a belated Halloween party at the school I work in this week – there will be costumes!
Sophie recently posted..Gym Pact.