Hot Apples

by Meghann on October 30, 2011

Good Morning. πŸ™‚

How’s the weather where you are? Were you one of the lucky few to wake up to snow or is it still hot and humid?

It’s cool and breezy here. <– love it! Which would have been awesome weather for running, but I decided to take it easy inside and dug out a Physique 57 video from my workout video library.

30 minutes of driving Maddie crazy with a playground ball and I was good to go.

Breakfast

In the bowl:

• one rome apple (diced and heated)
  • a generous spoonful of honey peanut butter
  • a crumbled slice of Pumpkin Apple Pecan Bread from The Apple Barn
  • plain yogurt
  • LOTS of cinnamon.

I love fall flavors, please don’t let them ever fade away. πŸ™‚

Maddie thought it looked good too. Who wants kibble when you can steal Mom’s hot cinnamon apples?!

Down girl.

Today is going to be a good day. After I press publish I’ll be on my way to Orlando for a little bridesmaid dress shopping and fro-yo eating with my sister. eek! Can’t wait!

*side note* A few of you have left comments inquiring about Kelly’s blog. The truth is Kelly has opted to temporarily shut her blog down and concentrate on teaching. She is unsure if she’ll ever start the blog back up, but teaching is (and will remain) her number one priority.

I hope that clears a few things up. πŸ™‚

1 Savannah @ Sweet and Savvy October 30, 2011 at 10:16 am

Your festive breakfast looks amazing! πŸ™‚
Savannah @ Sweet and Savvy recently posted..Celiac Sprue and Going G-Free – Pamcakes Post

2 Michelle October 30, 2011 at 10:26 am

I was wondering about her blog. I hope she is doing well
Michelle recently posted..A Trip to Brugge, Belgium

3 Amanda October 30, 2011 at 10:56 am

We got snow in Boston last night, but it wasn’t the fun powdery stuff. More like freezing rain/super slushy. It’s mostly melted already thankfully. October is too early for snow!

Your breakfast looks delicious! I’m actually baking an apple pie for my dad’s birthday – just waiting for it to bake. It’s my first apple pie, so hopefully it turns out! I’ll be posting about it tomorrow. πŸ™‚
Amanda recently posted..TGIF Pumpkin Spice Donuts

4 Tami October 30, 2011 at 10:58 am

11.5 inches of snow for us in New Hampshire…got my long run in yesterday….

5 kathleen @ the daily crumb October 30, 2011 at 11:00 am

have SO much fun!! i love wedding related shopping trips πŸ™‚ and of course fro yo completes any afternoon.
kathleen @ the daily crumb recently posted..of the moment {10.28.11}

6 MaryBe@Accidentally-Vegan October 30, 2011 at 11:02 am

I was wondering where Kelly was! First Hangry Pants, now Beneath It All. Sadness. Tell her we all said HI!
We have snow here, but just a dusting. That’s enough!
MaryBe@Accidentally-Vegan recently posted..Someone Gets a Facelift

7 Jaima October 30, 2011 at 11:15 am

Do you like that Physique 57 video? I’ve been considering getting one, but have heard mixed reviews. Have fun in Orlando!
Jaima recently posted..A Treat for Cakeboy

8 Meghann October 31, 2011 at 9:01 am

I like it. It’s nothing too tough, but it’s great when you’re in a pinch. Here’s my full review of the workout http://mealsandmiles.com/2011/03/08/physique-57/ πŸ™‚
Meghann recently posted..Ain’t no party like a bridesmaid party!

9 Army Amy* October 30, 2011 at 11:30 am

No snow here in Texas, just cool and breezy!*
Army Amy* recently posted..One week sans husband

10 Hope October 30, 2011 at 11:34 am

Your breakfast looks really tasty! πŸ™‚ We got snow yesterday. It snowed the entire day and into the night. Now it’s going to be a mess trying to leave the house. It’s way too soon for this.
Hope recently posted..A Seasonally Inspired Evening…

11 Nancy @ Beyoutiful Fitstyle October 30, 2011 at 11:37 am

Went to bed with snow on the ground but woke up with it melting. It’s actually a beautiful day now though. And I so agree on the fall flavors! Who says we can’t just keep it fall all year ’round! πŸ™‚
Nancy @ Beyoutiful Fitstyle recently posted..Two New Recipes!

12 Amy October 30, 2011 at 11:41 am

I’ll miss Kelly’s blog, but I’m glad she’s focusing on teaching. Much more important! Wishing her all the best.
Amy recently posted..back at it

13 amanda October 30, 2011 at 11:54 am

snow here! 10 inches. but no power for over 24 hours now. that makes it not fun. at. all.

have fun with your sister. πŸ™‚

14 Reenie October 30, 2011 at 12:00 pm

I was wondering about Kelly’s blog too! We’ll keep updated on her thru you =) Enjoy your day.

15 Lynda@ Hit The Road Jane October 30, 2011 at 12:02 pm

Aww I loved Kelly’s blog!!! I hope she brings it back in the future. It was inspiring to read about her great time at the Space Coast Half. Kelly you will be missed in the blog world!!
Lynda@ Hit The Road Jane recently posted..Evergreen Cemetery Pumpkin Run 5k

16 Katie @ Peace Love and Oats October 30, 2011 at 12:54 pm

your breakfast looks delicious! Have fun dress shopping, that will be really exciting!!!
Katie @ Peace Love and Oats recently posted..My Present to Myself!

17 Katherine October 30, 2011 at 2:58 pm

That looks delicious! And M is so cute πŸ™‚
Katherine recently posted..Painting Nails

18 mel October 30, 2011 at 3:57 pm

Aww, what a fun day! I loved your sister’s blog, but I realize how much work running a blog must take. How was the workout video? Have a good day

19 Meghann October 31, 2011 at 9:03 am

I like the Physique 57 videos. They’re great for when you’re in a pinch. Here’s my full review of the video http://mealsandmiles.com/2011/03/08/physique-57/
Meghann recently posted..Ain’t no party like a bridesmaid party!

20 Joelle (On A Pink Typewriter) October 30, 2011 at 4:06 pm

That bfast looks yummy! I just love the fall flavors too. πŸ™‚
Joelle (On A Pink Typewriter) recently posted..Slowcooked bbq pulled pork

21 Ali @ Ali Runs October 30, 2011 at 4:22 pm

I miss her blog – I wish she had left it up so we could go back and look through her past posts. Following her training was very inspiring!
Ali @ Ali Runs recently posted..Post-Marathon Reflection

22 Rachel A October 30, 2011 at 4:34 pm

Thanks for the update on Kelly. As much as I will miss her blog, I totally understand. I changed careers and am in my first year of teaching, along with taking classes to get my certification. Teaching is a time-consuming job! Along with planning a wedding and remaining active, she’s got a lot going on without blogging too.

23 Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife October 30, 2011 at 4:47 pm

Have so much fun with your sister!! I love sister time–especially when it includes fro yo and weddings!
Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife recently posted..Focus On: Upright Row

24 Lisa (bakebikeblog) October 30, 2011 at 4:47 pm

oooooh looks DEEEELISH!

25 Eve October 30, 2011 at 11:15 pm

I’m glad I saw the note about Kelly’s blog – I had been wondering! I feel like there’s been a few bloggers who have stopped blogging recently, maybe it’s just a craaaazy time of year for everyone? Best of luck to Kelly, though – I hope she’ll consider blogging again when she’s less busy! πŸ™‚

26 Liz October 30, 2011 at 11:28 pm

I’m glad you let us know about her blog! Two of my regular bloggers quit recently πŸ™ I figured it was related to being busy with the teaching & I’m glad she’s enjoying that so much. We’ll just have to keep tabs on her thru your blog πŸ™‚

27 Sophie November 1, 2011 at 6:40 pm

I miss Kelly’s blog πŸ™ But I hope she’s doing well and enjoying the teaching!
Sophie recently posted..Gym Pact.