Ain’t no party like a bridesmaid party!

by Meghann on October 30, 2011

Word.

This afternoon I made the short drive to Orlando to try on bridesmaid dresses with my sister and her lovely bridesmaids: Amber, Ashley, and Jessie (we missed you Stephanie!).

But, before I left Tampa, I had some leftover butternut squash soup and cornbread for lunch.

I specifically waited until the last minute to leave just so I could have the leftovers for lunch instead of picking something up on the road. Worth it.

1.5 hours of singing my little gleek heart out later…

I met the gang at David’s Bridal for our shopping bonanza.

Bridesmaid dress shopping is easy when you’re surrounded by girls who are happy to go with the flow. We selected a few dresses that met all of Kelly’s criteria (short, shiny, and available in plum) and spent the next couple of hours playing dress up. Who doesn’t love trying on beautiful dresses with beautiful ladies?!

IMG_0468.JPG IMG_0471.JPG IMG_0475.JPG IMG_0470.JPG

Can you guess which one we picked?!

Ta Da!

The winner! πŸ™‚

Kelly was hoping for a dress that would flatter all five girls’ (we were missing one) body types as well as comfortable enough to survive an outdoor Florida wedding in the middle of June. She walked in the store leaning towards one style (the y-neck dress above), but ended up going in a completely different direction after seeing it in person.

The Short Charmeuse Dress with Ruched Waist and Pocket (the one we did select) was the one dress Kelly wasn’t sure of at first (she wanted dresses with straps), but after we all tried it on – we knew it was THE dress for us. Not only was it super comfortable – the dress fit all of us to a T.

Plus, the dress had pockets!!! Major bonus in my eyes. πŸ˜‰

IMG_0474.jpg

Here’s the dress in the correct color – plum.

Screen shot 2011-10-30 at 8.42.05 PM.png

I love it and can’t wait until my dress (in the correct color) arrives in the next couple of months. It felt funny ordering a dress so far in advance, but I guess that’s how weddings go.

Now Kelly has successfully crossed FIVE major items from her wedding to-do list:

Only 8 more months (and a million other to-dos) to go!

We celebrated our successful shopping adventure with a trip to Menchie’s.

Taste testing the ‘Maple Doughnut’ confirmed once again that I do NOT like maple flavored things. Yuck.

I stuck with the pumpkin (OMG good!) and hazelnut flavors topped with graham cracker crumbs, cinnamon apples, and brownie pieces.

Mmm… good. πŸ™‚

The drive back to Tampa wasn’t bad (a little Starbucks detour helped) and I made it home just in time for dinner.

For some reason I had an odd craving for frozen pizza today. Random.

Just before I threw the pizza in the oven, I cracked two eggs over it for a little kick of protein.

Done.

Derek tried the egg-on-pizza combo for the first time tonight and – when I asked him what he thought – he just lifted his shoulders and said “tastes like pizza” before proceeding to pick the egg part off and eat it in one bite. I think he liked it.

Fresh green beans for a side of green.

Good night everyone!

1 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey October 30, 2011 at 9:53 pm

Those are the dresses we had for my wedding! In watermelon though – it was like a magical dress. It flattered EVERYONE!
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..adventures in babysitting

2 Sana October 30, 2011 at 9:56 pm

Those dresses will look amazing in plum!
Sana recently posted..Day 27,28,29 and 30

3 Erin (Travel Eat Repeat) October 30, 2011 at 9:57 pm

Egg and corn randomly came on pizza all the time in Korea. Even a plain cheese pizza often came with those two toppings. It was weird but you got used to it over time.
Erin (Travel Eat Repeat) recently posted..Staycation: National Postal Museum

4 Kathleen @ The Daily Crumb October 30, 2011 at 10:10 pm

What a cute dress….and I love the pockets as well! Y’all are so pretty…going to be a b-e-a-utiful wedding πŸ™‚
Kathleen @ The Daily Crumb recently posted..life in the moment.

5 Caitlin October 30, 2011 at 10:13 pm

OMG – I LOVE the egg idea on the pizza! I have a coupon for one more Newman’s Own and I am SO doing that with it. Thank you for the inspiration!
I love the dresses, the picked style was the one I had thought of as my favorite! And the plum color is awesome. I love purple πŸ™‚

6 Gina @ Running to the Kitchen October 30, 2011 at 10:20 pm

I was just in a wedding and we wore the plum color from david’s. It looked really great on everyone (blondes & brunettes.) Ours was a long one but we tried on that short one in the beginning too, I loved it. You all look great!
Gina @ Running to the Kitchen recently posted..Cinnamon pear pancakes

7 Jess October 30, 2011 at 10:22 pm

That’s the dress my friend picked for her wedding next fall!! Same color too. Strapless don’t generally look good on me but that one was the exception. Looks great on all of you!

8 Emily @ Perfection Isn't Happy October 30, 2011 at 10:25 pm

I tried that dress on when I was shopping for my friend’s wedding…I loved the pockets!
Emily @ Perfection Isn’t Happy recently posted..Casual Date Night

9 Katie @ Peace Love and Oats October 30, 2011 at 10:42 pm

I was hoping you’d choose that one! I thought it was the most flattering! and that frozen yogurt sounds delicious! I haven’t had any seasonal flavors yet!
Katie @ Peace Love and Oats recently posted..It’s the Small Things

10 Tracey Leffler October 30, 2011 at 10:42 pm

It looks like you girls had fun finding the dresses.

Totally random, but I am visiting my parents and sisters in Orlando this weekend and I definitely stopped at the same Menchies this afternoon. I also tried the Maple Doughnut and settled on the pumpkin. It was delicious. πŸ™‚

11 Army Amy* October 30, 2011 at 10:49 pm

The plum color looks gorgeous!*
Army Amy* recently posted..Blame it on the gunfire

12 crystal October 30, 2011 at 10:58 pm

I was in a wedding last month and we wore those! Make sure you check the zipper when you pick it up though, they tend to stick pretty badly. they’re so comfy though.

13 Alaina October 30, 2011 at 10:59 pm

Very pretty dresses!! I wore the y-neck dress in my brother in law’s wedding. So comfortable and it had pockets too! πŸ™‚
Alaina recently posted..The Run That Wasn’t

14 Reenie October 30, 2011 at 11:15 pm

Cute dresses. I like the bottom right one on you girls too tho! πŸ™‚

15 Amanda October 30, 2011 at 11:17 pm

That’s the exact same dress I picked for my bridesmaids! Only in black! They all loved it and looked amazing in it!

16 Liz October 30, 2011 at 11:32 pm

You all look so cute in the dress – very flattering to all!

17 Kirby October 30, 2011 at 11:35 pm

That’s the exact dress/color I wore as a bridesmaid to my friends wedding. We wore silver heels πŸ™‚

18 Michelle October 30, 2011 at 11:58 pm

I like the plum color. I had to wear the most hideous bridesmaid dress before… Oh the horror
Michelle recently posted..A Trip to Brugge, Belgium

19 Candice October 31, 2011 at 1:03 am

Love the dress!! Weddings are so crazy but always well worth it in the end! I need to try that egg on pizza idea! your a genius!
Candice recently posted..Hallows Eve!

20 Jess@atasteofconfidence October 31, 2011 at 2:48 am

Dress looks great on you, and I love the colorβ€”it’s the same that we wore for my brother’s wedding in August:)
Jess@atasteofconfidence recently posted..my grandma’s potato chip cookies

21 Cait @ Beyond Bananas October 31, 2011 at 6:04 am

I picked the dresses for my bridesmaids this weekend. It is very similar to that except has a sweatheart neck.. and is dark purple, too! European Eggplant in the brand, though!
Cait @ Beyond Bananas recently posted..Dreaming of a White… Halloween?

22 Emily @ Life on Food October 31, 2011 at 6:21 am

Love having eggs on pizza. The first time I was a bit grossed out and now it is my favorite thing. My husband never wants any until it comes out of the oven and then we argue who gets what.
Emily @ Life on Food recently posted..Snow, Snow Go Away!

23 Jessica @ Sushi & Sit-Ups October 31, 2011 at 6:34 am

Love the dress! My wedding colors are very similar–I love the plum color!
Jessica @ Sushi & Sit-Ups recently posted..Epcot Food & Wine Festival

24 Brittany @ GOtheXtraMile October 31, 2011 at 7:36 am

Love that dress, so pretty!! I’ve never cracked an egg on pizza that’s a great idea!

25 Hope October 31, 2011 at 7:46 am

I love the dresses! For my wedding, we are doing plum from David’s Bridal as well! My sister who is my maid of honor has already selected her dress. I have the dress I want my other bridesmaids to wear in mind. We are going on Saturday. I cannot wait!! πŸ™‚
Hope recently posted..A Newman’s Own Kind of Pre-Halloween Night…

26 Sarah October 31, 2011 at 7:47 am

I almost picked that dress for my girls too b/c it is so flattering. Instead we wnt for the a-line version b/c one of my girls is very pear shaped.

Y’all look great! Now she is just one step closer πŸ™‚

27 Lee October 31, 2011 at 8:07 am

Cute dresses! The bridesmaids dresses for my wedding were also plum. Love that color.
Lee recently posted..Atlanta Marathon Relay

28 Amanda October 31, 2011 at 8:26 am

You all look beautiful in that dress style! I’m a big fan of the plum color.

I was just thinking how maple doughnut sounded so fantastic, but I suppose if you don’t like maple, it wouldn’t be your pick. I could basically drink maple syrup. haha
Amanda recently posted..TGIF Pumpkin Spice Donuts

29 Jen October 31, 2011 at 8:46 am

Those dresses are gorgeous! And definitely something you can wear again! πŸ™‚
Jen recently posted..Pregnancy vs. marathon training: Part 2

30 Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife October 31, 2011 at 8:55 am

I love the color!! So pretty. And fro yo looks delicious. YUMM πŸ™‚
Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife recently posted..Eggs and Jam

31 Cait's Plate October 31, 2011 at 9:10 am

LOVE the dresses you chose! And also, fried egg on a pizza?!?! That looks so good!!
Cait’s Plate recently posted..Choices are a Good Thing

32 Ali @ Ali Runs October 31, 2011 at 9:30 am

I love the dresses she chose and the color! Beautiful! πŸ™‚
Ali @ Ali Runs recently posted..Post-Marathon Reflection

33 michelle m. October 31, 2011 at 9:38 am

Love the dress πŸ™‚ That was actually MY wedding dress but in Late’ πŸ˜‰ tooo cute!

34 michelle m. October 31, 2011 at 9:39 am

****latte’! LOL

35 Nikki October 31, 2011 at 9:55 am

I have never heard of the egg/pizza combo! Sounds very…interesting! haha
Nikki recently posted..Snowed in Weekend!

36 Maureen October 31, 2011 at 11:35 am

I LOVE that the dress has pockets! Perfect for someone like me that NEEDS to have chapstick wherever they go!
Maureen recently posted..Blah

37 Christelle October 31, 2011 at 11:44 am

Gorgeous Dress!! I love the plum color..

38 Jordan October 31, 2011 at 12:06 pm

Get ready to see that dress again in a couple weeks, because that’s what my bridesmaids will be wearing! Ahhh can’t wait!

39 Jenna October 31, 2011 at 1:19 pm

I’m wearing that same dress in a wedding in June as well! Must be popular; it does flatter a lot of different body types and is pretty comfortable! Looks great.

40 Mara @ The Leone Company October 31, 2011 at 2:42 pm

Love the dress! I’m wearing the last dress in black (with the high neck) for my cousin’s wedding in December πŸ™‚
Mara @ The Leone Company recently posted..Quoted in Fox Small Business

41 Emily October 31, 2011 at 4:05 pm

Love the dress and the plum color! Glad you girls had a fun party:)
Emily recently posted..My Favorite Things: Halloween Edition

42 Hillary October 31, 2011 at 5:22 pm

A painless bridesmaids dress selection?! That’s a first!

Love the pockets; my dress from the wedding I was just in had them, and I adored them!
Hillary recently posted..Apple Crisp

43 Sophie November 1, 2011 at 5:44 am

Ooooh Pizza with egg is amazing!

Cute dresses – good choice Kelly & co!
Sophie recently posted..Monday Memories: The Day We Met Maisie.