more ยป" />

Boring

by Meghann on October 29, 2011

I was boring today.

b-o-booorrrrinnnggg.

I’m sorry! It’s my last Saturday in town for a while and I wanted to take advantage of it while I could. There was good food though – I promise. ๐Ÿ˜‰

My hunger kicked in around 2:00 and I was jonesing for some leftovers.

Surprisingly one of my favorite combos from all of my squash meals this past week. Very fall. Very good. ๐Ÿ™‚

Lunch was followed by a nap with Maddie (she’s a good snuggler when she’s worn out), laundry (I need to get my butt in gear for my next travel adventure on Monday), and the mall (I go crazy staying inside all day on a Saturday).

The mall trip was more window shopping than anything, but I did enjoy an apple cake sample from Williams-Sonoma.

And somehow walked out with this.

It was dinner time, I was hungry and I’m a sucker for everything seasonal in Williams-Sonoma. ๐Ÿ˜‰ They always reel me in with their delicious aromas and beautiful displays.

I very loosely followed the recipe on the back of the jar for Butternut Squash Soup and just added a few extras.

• Parsnip
  • Corn
  • Apple

IMG_0401.JPG IMG_0402.JPG IMG_0404.JPG

I brought it all to a boil and brought to a simmer for 30 minutes.

Just enough time to make Emily’s White Cheddar Yogurt Cornbread (probably my favorite cornbread recipe of all time)

IMG_0381.JPG IMG_0383.JPG IMG_0384.JPG

Dinner was done.

I went back and forth on blending the soup, but I really liked the chunks; especially the mushy apple. The soup was on the sweeter side, but it didn’t bother me at all. It was a quick, easy soup that was right on the money. ๐Ÿ™‚

Emily no-fail recipe rocked once again.

Attune bar for dessert.

See? Boring.

But, good food.

Boring days can’t be bad when good food is involved, right?

Good NIght!

1 Courtney October 29, 2011 at 10:45 pm

I like you. Even on your boring days. ๐Ÿ˜‰ mine looked a lot like yours, to be honest!
Courtney recently posted..Blogger Bake Sale!

2 Army Amy* October 29, 2011 at 11:00 pm

Sometimes boring is just what the doctor ordered!*
Army Amy* recently posted..One week sans husband

3 Meg October 29, 2011 at 11:05 pm

Just a heads up…it’s Williams-Sonoma, not William Sanoma. ๐Ÿ™‚

4 Sana October 29, 2011 at 11:19 pm

The weather here is gross, I was boring and lounged in bed all day!
Sana recently posted..Survey Saysโ€ฆ

5 Dave October 29, 2011 at 11:27 pm

Mushy apple sounds bad but good. When we recently picked apples we made homemade apple sauce and purposely didn’t make it too fine. I like it a little chunkier.

6 Anne October 30, 2011 at 4:36 am

Do you mean Williams-Sonoma?
Do you proofread your posts?

7 mel October 30, 2011 at 6:48 am

I know people get on you a lot for spelling errors and I knows it’s annoying, but you could avoid the abnoxious comments by googling the words and proofreading. Change jonesing before people freak and also change sonoma. Just a heads up! I love you blog but the spelling errors do bother me because I’m a journalism major and law student so writing is my thing. Have a great Sunday

8 Amy October 30, 2011 at 1:46 pm

Yeah, I hesitate to comment/email to mention it, because I don’t want to be viewed as the blog bully or comment troll, but I do think the spelling and grammar errors detract from your blog. I keep reading, but it often pains me to do so! I think it would be well worth your while to get a better grasp on the difference between then and than. There’s more to it than this, but use ‘than’ to compare things. Use ‘then’ to talk about time. http://www.educationbug.org/a/than-vs-then.html
Amy recently posted..I lie!

9 Jessica @ Sushi and Sit-Ups October 30, 2011 at 8:18 am

We were at William Sonoma yesterday too! Their pumpkin spaghetti sauce sounded so good too. I keep thinking about it and wishing I would have bought a jar.
Jessica @ Sushi and Sit-Ups recently posted..Dealing with a loss

10 kathleen @ the daily crumb October 30, 2011 at 8:33 am

i love cozy nights in. and williams sonoma (really? do we care how it’s spelled?) has the most delicious samples!! have a great weekend, meghann!
kathleen @ the daily crumb recently posted..of the moment {10.28.11}

11 Hillary October 30, 2011 at 8:46 am

I’ve been looking for a new cornbread recipe for a while; thanks for pointing me to Emily’s! It looks great.
Hillary recently posted..The Upside

12 Amanda October 30, 2011 at 8:50 am

I love a good ‘boring’ day every so often. It’s necessary to just chill out sometimes.

That soup looks great. Glad you kept it chunky instead of blending it! I generally prefer some texture in my soups. ๐Ÿ™‚
Amanda recently posted..TGIF Pumpkin Spice Donuts

13 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More October 30, 2011 at 9:41 am

Boring is never a bad thing as sometimes it’s needed. Or maybe that’s what I just tell myself so I don’t feel bad… ๐Ÿ˜‰
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..Fitness Friday

14 Ali @ Ali Runs October 30, 2011 at 4:23 pm

This recipe looks delish! Sometimes boring Saturdays are awesome!
Ali @ Ali Runs recently posted..Post-Marathon Reflection

15 jodie October 30, 2011 at 9:35 pm

gonna have to try that corn bread recipe soon
jodie recently posted..Manna Bread Review and Giveaway

16 Emily October 31, 2011 at 8:41 am

I totally get being suckered in at Williams Sonoma. I am working on “learning” to cook, and every time I am in there I find some new gadget that I can’t live without! Luckily for my wallet, I don’t usually buy them, I just come home and call my mom and tell her I need it for Christmas. And then she buys a cheaper version from Target or JCPenney for me. ๐Ÿ™‚
Emily recently posted..Goals!

17 Sophie November 1, 2011 at 7:57 am

I love your dinner bowl! It reminds me of sunflowers ๐Ÿ™‚
Sophie recently posted..Gym Pact.