Quiche-andwich

by Meghann on October 26, 2011

See that look?

That’s the look of someone who is in time out.

No, Maddie it’s NOT nice to consistently bark at the cable man while he is here fixing the internet.

Not nice at all.

The good news is the internet is working (for now), but we may be switching to a new provider anyways. Frankly, my opinion is that no matter which cable/internet/cellphone/ etc provider you go with – you’re always going to have a problem with it in one form or another.

If someone, anyone, is 100% completely in love with any of their service providers please let me know. I’m always open to options. πŸ˜‰

So, what do you do with left over quiche for lunch?

You make a sandwich out of it.

Just think of it as an egg sandwich with a few fun extras. πŸ˜‰

I placed the quiche between two pieces of toast and slathered it with hummus and spinach. It ended up being a tasty combination that I would happily repeat again.

On the side were some fresh, crisp green beans for chomping.

All done.

p.s. I miss Felicity. Is it too early to start re-watching the series?

p.p.s. Alright, I really just miss watching Ben Covington. I’m suddenly inspired to add every movie Ben (Scott Speedman) ever acted in to my Netflix queue.

Scott-Speedman-589x505-42kb-media-507-media-92487-1094901900.jpg

(source)

hubba hubba

p.p.p.s. I’m moderating the Attune Foods Facebook page today! Won’t you stop by and say hi?!

1 Katherina October 26, 2011 at 2:32 pm

I pay $50 a month with Bright House and have never had a problem.

2 Katherina October 26, 2011 at 2:34 pm

I should add that I stream Hulu, Netflix, torrent things and play games.

3 Krystina (Organically Me) October 26, 2011 at 4:13 pm

We pay $120 for Bright House and have a bunch of problems. :\
Krystina (Organically Me) recently posted..Pumpkin Carving

4 Amanda October 26, 2011 at 2:33 pm

Awww, I think it’s impossible to stay mad at that puppy face. πŸ™‚

I’m tempted to get Felicity on Netflix, but I would definitely have to watch it solo. My husband most certainly won’t tolerate it! haha

5 Sara @my less serious life October 26, 2011 at 2:35 pm

Aww, poor Maddie. I’m pretty sure my pup gives me that exact same look when she gets in trouble. πŸ™‚
Sara @my less serious life recently posted..what i ate wednesday: issue 7

6 kathleen @ the daily crumb October 26, 2011 at 2:36 pm

why do pups make the CUTEST faces when they’re in trouble?! makes it impossible to stay mad!
kathleen @ the daily crumb recently posted..coffee talk.

7 erica October 26, 2011 at 2:54 pm

ah, ben covington. i was in love with him too! {how could you not be?!?!}

my husband used to watch “the unit” and it’s so weird to see noel crane as military special forces. lol.

8 Kelly Weston October 26, 2011 at 3:00 pm

Aww yeah, i always loved me some Ben!!! Totally agree with you!

9 Cait's Plate October 26, 2011 at 3:03 pm

I was definitely all about Ben. Noel was great, but there’s no matching Ben. He and Felicity dated for a little bit in real life! And Hannah and Noel were married in real life!
Cait’s Plate recently posted..Tuesday To-Dos

10 Gavi @ Gavi Gets Going! October 26, 2011 at 3:07 pm

The quiche sandwich with hummus looks like an interesting and tasty combination. It’s never fun to find an internet/cable provider–and it can be very challenging to find a reliable provider that won’t break the bank–and I wish you luck in your search!

P.S. FYI–check out this Wikipedia post about the proper usage of P.S., P.P.S, etc.: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postscript.
Gavi @ Gavi Gets Going! recently posted..Back to school, back to school…

11 Meghann October 26, 2011 at 3:22 pm

Ha! I didn’t think there was a proper way for p.s. and p.p.s – I thought it was sort of an ad lib thing (oh, the stupid little grammar errors that haunt me)

12 Meghann October 26, 2011 at 3:25 pm

please note – it makes sense now (I always knew post script, now post-post script is like a big DUH!), but I wasn’t aware that there was a proper format p.p.s before.

Who am I kidding? Anyway I put it, I’m going to look dumb for not knowing the difference in the first place. Sorry about that.

13 Ashley @ My Food 'N' Fitness Diaries October 26, 2011 at 3:12 pm

Oh girl, I definitely have a tv crush on Ben Covington too! I’m about half way through the 4th season, and it’s funny because I’ve thought the same exact thing – what will I do when this is over?! I’m going to miss Ben! Haha.
Ashley @ My Food ‘N’ Fitness Diaries recently posted..WIAW {What I Ate Wednesday} #6: Seasonal Foods

14 Lisa Fine October 26, 2011 at 3:22 pm

That’s what my breakfast looked like! Two slices of bread, a big slab of my mom’s homemade spinach frittata, and a bunch of grapes. Yum.

I haven’t watched Felicity before, but from your posts and tweets lately, I think I might have to start. πŸ˜‰
Lisa Fine recently posted..Pumpkin Beer Tasting and Lentil Barley Chili Recipe

15 La October 26, 2011 at 3:28 pm

Scott Speedman was great (and very sexy) in Barney’s Version. Check it out πŸ™‚

16 Ari @ Ari's Menu October 26, 2011 at 3:36 pm

How does Maddie make time out look cute?! Also, that sandwich looks delish!
Ari @ Ari’s Menu recently posted..Running for Donuts

17 Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife October 26, 2011 at 3:55 pm

That is a great way to re-use quiche…..I would’ve never done it–but now, I just might! hah.
Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife recently posted..Ketchup Sauce

18 Lisa (bakebikeblog) October 26, 2011 at 4:02 pm

that sandwich looks delish!
Lisa (bakebikeblog) recently posted..Return of the Mystery Box

19 Courtney @ The Petite AthlEAT October 26, 2011 at 4:14 pm

Elliot is not happy when the cable men are here either!!! Good to know that we’re not alone! It drives my husband crazy πŸ™‚ Do you guys put her in another room or keep her on a leash?
Courtney @ The Petite AthlEAT recently posted..Screw you, Dinner!

20 Meghann October 26, 2011 at 4:18 pm

We generally try and keep her in the crate, but the cable man was in the space where her crate usually is and was going in and out of every room, so I just put her on a leash by my feet.
Meghann recently posted..Quiche-andwich

21 Gina @ Running to the Kitchen October 26, 2011 at 4:17 pm

If anyone answers yes, 100% never had a problem/loves their internet provider I will seriously pack my bags and move to wherever they are b/c every single one I’ve dealt with is an absolute NIGHTMARE!
Gina @ Running to the Kitchen recently posted..Pumpkin pie phyllo bites

22 Sophie October 26, 2011 at 4:48 pm

That quiche-andwich sounds (and looks!) amazing!
Sophie recently posted..Holiday Boredom.

23 Fiona @ Get Fit Fiona October 26, 2011 at 4:51 pm

Love the time out look! They always seems to know when they’re in trouble, but it’s hard to stay mad at them for very long.
Fiona @ Get Fit Fiona recently posted..Goals on Pinterest

24 Caitlin October 26, 2011 at 4:57 pm

We have Verizon Fios cable, internet and phone. It is pretty good. We rarely have an issue. Much better than our experience with Comcast.

25 Katie @ Peace Love and Oats October 26, 2011 at 5:10 pm

I love all your sandwiches – it’s so true that you can put anything between two slices of bread and it’s delicious! Also, I agree about internet/cable. There’s no winning.
Katie @ Peace Love and Oats recently posted..WIAW–Gluten and Soy free style!

26 Aly October 26, 2011 at 5:10 pm

I was DEFINITELY more of a Noel fan as he treated Felicity waaayyy better than Ben did. My friend send me this website: “A highly scientific analysis of Ben vs. Noel”

*It’s pretty hilarious for a Felicity fan!*

27 Amanda October 26, 2011 at 6:31 pm

Let me know if any of the Scott Speedman movies are decent, haha. We’re looking for something new to watch on Netflix, too…we just finished Prison Break. If you are looking for some more eye candy, I highly recommend it. It was awesome.
Amanda recently posted..State of the Plate DC: Antibiotics

28 Hope October 26, 2011 at 7:46 pm

That sandwich looks great! πŸ™‚ I would recommend Comcast. Yes, I hate the customer service with a passion but I really like the service. We have digital cable with a DVR box, internet, and a phone from them. I happen to love our internet service. It’s very quick. The cable is great too! We don’t use the phone all that often. I love my dvr! I cannot live without it. πŸ™‚
Hope recently posted..Wedding Talk Wednesday: Bridal Hair & Makeup…

29 ~Christy @ wonderofallthings October 26, 2011 at 8:42 pm

love the time out face — what a sweetie! I think you’re right — always going to be an issue with the internet… πŸ™ We do what we can!
~Christy @ wonderofallthings recently posted..Confessions of a City Mouse

30 Sara@RunningInPinkProject October 26, 2011 at 10:13 pm

Im making that quiche next week. πŸ™‚ Im pretty excited about it. I never loved Felicity but I can watch Sex and The City, Will and Grace, and old school 90210 reruns over and over and over. I also might secretly love “The O.C” as well. Ahem.
Sara@RunningInPinkProject recently posted..Doing a Double….And Harlow’s Diagnosis

31 BroccoliHut October 26, 2011 at 10:46 pm

Margot gets put in time-out too when she sits out on the patio and barks at anyone who walks by. honestly, where are her manners?!
BroccoliHut recently posted..Lunchbox Nostalgia

32 Allie October 26, 2011 at 10:58 pm

Oh my Meghann, you totally have me hooked on “Felicity” now! Half-way into Season 1 and loving it πŸ™‚
Allie recently posted..101 in 1001: #100 Complete!

33 Hangry October 27, 2011 at 12:17 am

I have no shame and plan to start Felicity over ASAP. Me + Ben 4 eva.

34 Shannon @ A Pinch of Ginger October 27, 2011 at 7:16 am

I use Verizon FIOS and love it! I actually have never had a problem AND even when I had a cable box blow out (we had a power surge) they sent me a new one for free. No questions asked πŸ™‚

35 tara October 27, 2011 at 11:49 pm

I was in need of a new tv series to watch and after all your felicity talk I just added that to my queue. I was instantly hooked!! I am still on season 1 but have been watching any spare minute I have. Any other suggestions of other good ones?! I just finished friday night lights and oh man it was good!! it’s on instant netflix you should get into it… seriously in love with every little bit of it and already want to rewatch all 5 season πŸ™‚