That’s A Problem For Future Meghann

by Meghann on October 25, 2011

This is what happens when you’re so desperate to be home that you forget to check your gas gauge until you’re pulling into the driveway.

ummm… oops? At least I made it! I’ll leave that whole gas situation for future Meghann, present Meghann is too happy to be home. πŸ˜‰

(psssttt…. 414 miles is nothing – I think my record is 425 miles for my tiny 11 gallon gas tank. I<3 my manual car! What’s the farthest you’ve gone in your car before needing a fill up?)

The ride back to Tampa was long and a little painful – my back is rebelling from sitting in a car for so many hours over the weekend. I see yoga in my future. Lots of yoga.

I only had to make one little pit stop when I made it back to town (my bridesmaid dress was ready!) that just so happened to be next door to one of m favorite places – Whole Foods!

Convenient Whole Foods + no food at home = lunch!

I made a lap of the the cold salad bar and grabbed a little taste of everything. Can you believe there’s over a pound of food in this little container? It adds up fast!

I brought the salad home and enjoyed it sitting next to one of my favorite faces.

Feels good to be home. πŸ™‚

1 Beth @ Boston2Berkeley October 25, 2011 at 3:01 pm

Oops! I’ve definitely done that. Actually, I’ve done that on a long stretch of highway in Utah with no gas stations in sight. Scary! We coasted down hill many miles to the next station. Bet you’re glad to be home with that adorable pup!
Beth @ Boston2Berkeley recently posted..Taco Night and Making Your Own Corn Tortillas

2 Michelle October 25, 2011 at 3:01 pm

That doesn’t look like a pound of food at all
Michelle recently posted..My Come Back Training Plan

3 Christina @ Just Running October 25, 2011 at 3:01 pm

11 miles or 11 gallons?

I just filled up for $29, and I’ll get over 400 miles out of that.
Christina @ Just Running recently posted..Ebola

4 Meghann October 25, 2011 at 3:21 pm

Gallons. πŸ™‚

5 Kiran @ KiranTarun.com October 25, 2011 at 3:10 pm

Haha! Sounds exactly like what I would do. I miss driving a stick πŸ™
Kiran @ KiranTarun.com recently posted..Goodwill

6 Dori October 25, 2011 at 3:15 pm

I never let my gas tank get below half, so you’re asking the wrong girl. Neurotic behaviors learned from my mom.
Dori recently posted..In Exactly Two Weeks, At This Time

7 Laura October 25, 2011 at 3:17 pm

haha I hope that was a How I Met Your Mother reference in the title…. or I watch too much tv

8 Meghann October 25, 2011 at 3:22 pm

Ding! It was. Love that show! πŸ™‚

9 kathleen @ the daily crumb October 25, 2011 at 3:17 pm

salad bar looks delicious!!

i always push the limits with my gas tank. i read once that “empty” really means you have 30 miles. and i’ve tested the limits on that one…
kathleen @ the daily crumb recently posted..noodle-less veggie lasagna.

10 Meghann October 25, 2011 at 3:22 pm

I’ve tested it too…. and coasted right into a gas station on I-10 before.

11 Caitlin C. October 25, 2011 at 3:22 pm

Yes I can believe there’s a pound in there – because that happens to me all the time!
Caitlin C. recently posted..Playing Catch-Up

12 Meghann October 25, 2011 at 3:23 pm

I swear it doesn’t look like that much until they put it on the scale!

13 Courtney @ Sweet Tooth, Sweet Life October 25, 2011 at 3:25 pm

Love the HIMYM reference! One of my favorite shows – glad to see someone else loves it, too. πŸ™‚
How about the duck tie on Barney this season? Hilarious!
Courtney @ Sweet Tooth, Sweet Life recently posted..Drink For A Good Cause

14 Laura October 25, 2011 at 3:35 pm

#burn #ducktieslam #stinsonrocks
I replayed that at least 6 times.. makes me laugh everytime

15 Cheryl October 25, 2011 at 3:29 pm

I get around 400… but I also have a 17 gallon or so tank :-/
Cheryl recently posted..Trick or Trot 5K Recap–10/23/11

16 Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife October 25, 2011 at 3:29 pm

I love a good salad bar!

Glad you made it back just in time* πŸ˜‰
Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife recently posted..Dancing Salsa – In A New Way

17 Ashley O. @ The Vegetable Life October 25, 2011 at 3:30 pm

My 2010 ford focus (automatic) gets about 450 miles per 11 gallon tank! I love it!
Ashley O. @ The Vegetable Life recently posted..Last night did not go as planned……..

18 Liz @ Southern Charm October 25, 2011 at 3:39 pm

Haha. I have done this a few times! I always forget to look! lol
Liz @ Southern Charm recently posted..Green Goddess

19 Gina @ Running to the Kitchen October 25, 2011 at 3:40 pm

I’ve made it 450 miles before in my old stick shift car. I have the same car (just newer) now but it’s automatic and it definitely gets at least 50 miles LESS per tank. I miss my manual for that reason alone!
Gina @ Running to the Kitchen recently posted..Creamy broccoli soup with crispy shallots

20 Justine October 25, 2011 at 3:41 pm

I once got about 425 miles in my grandpa-mobile/tank of a car – though a quick googling tells me that I apparently have an 18 gallon tank. I’ve never run out of gas, but I don’t take any risks with this car. If the gas light comes on, I’m heading to a gas station.
Justine recently posted..Unsanity

21 Amanda October 25, 2011 at 3:44 pm

I never let my gas tank get very low – it makes me so anxious! And I’m in the city where there are gas stations at every corner.

I love Whole Foods’ salad and hot bars. There are always so many yummy looking options, I always end up with quite the bill. It’s worth it though!
Amanda recently posted..Vegan Dinner at The Pulse Cafe

22 Sarah October 25, 2011 at 3:46 pm

I ? my lil’ Echo for the same reasons. Incredible gas milage! Not to mention she’s fun to drive. Always a plus! Glad you’re back home and getting lots of snuggle time!
Sarah recently posted..Lettuce do this thang…

23 Cait's Plate October 25, 2011 at 3:56 pm

Ugh I’ve totally been there before, it’s the worst! Glad you’re home and able to just relax with Maddie!!
Cait’s Plate recently posted..Not Bad for No Groceries

24 Krystina (Organically Me) October 25, 2011 at 4:22 pm

Hahaha, I love HIMYM. You have good taste. πŸ˜‰ Welcome home!
Krystina (Organically Me) recently posted..BIC Band Giveaway

25 Lisa (bakebikeblog) October 25, 2011 at 4:30 pm

I am so scared of running out of fuel – that I always fill up as soon as the warning light comes on!!!
Lisa (bakebikeblog) recently posted..Plate of random – take 3

26 Katie @ Peace Love and Oats October 25, 2011 at 5:27 pm

glad you made it home safe! I’ve definitely been on the highway on a road trip and been like, oh guys, we need to find a gas exit… like now. Haha.
Katie @ Peace Love and Oats recently posted..Taking Big Changes Day by Day…

27 Army Amy* October 25, 2011 at 6:14 pm

Good thing you made it home!*
Army Amy* recently posted..27

28 Alexa @ Simple Eats October 25, 2011 at 6:40 pm

I’m so bad at remembering if I need gas…especially when I’m on a back road and there’s no gas stations!
Alexa @ Simple Eats recently posted..Stuffed

29 Corrie Anne October 25, 2011 at 10:29 pm

The salad & the puppy! I feel ya!
Corrie Anne recently posted..Caprese Egg Wrap

30 diana garcia October 26, 2011 at 12:06 am

Im so jealous! I don’t even get 200 miles on my car! Time for a new one??? πŸ˜‰

31 Hope October 26, 2011 at 7:24 am

I always get nervous that my car is going to run out of gas. I try not to let it get low at all so I don’t even know. I’m keeping my fingers crossed I don’t run out on my way home from work today! Eek!
Hope recently posted..Wedding Talk Wednesday: Bridal Hair & Makeup…

32 Ali @ Ali Runs October 26, 2011 at 7:42 am

It’s always good to be home after a vacation away! πŸ™‚
Ali @ Ali Runs recently posted..Niagara Falls International Marathon Race Recap

33 Elisabeth October 26, 2011 at 9:50 am

I drive a Honda Accord EX & often go close to 450 miles before filling up (with 12-13 gallons) πŸ˜‰