Antsy to Run

by Meghann on October 25, 2011

It felt soooo good to run this morning!

IMG_0260.jpg

After 5 days of semi-runs on steep hills and being stuck in a car for 13 hours yesterday, all I wanted to do was get up and run this morning. I’m pretty sure I’ve never gotten up, gotten dressed, or walked out the door as fast as I did this morning. My legs were antsy to move!

I had no real plans in mind when I headed out, just that I wanted to do a loop around my parents’ neighborhood in some shape or form. I picked a loop I wasn’t quite sure of the distance for and just went with it. I started out slow, but eventually picked up my speed and found a groove I could hold onto. All it took was 6.25 miles and I was done.

T-minus 11 days until the Savannah marathon! <– Yikes!

It’s really hard to believe I’m running a marathon in less than 2 weeks. I’m not sure I thought this one through when I signed up 6 months ago. Sometimes I’m too impulsive when it comes to registering for races/buying new toys. It’s a flaw that I’m working on.

I know my body can do it (it’s done it 6 times before), I’m just hoping i can do it well. There will be no PRs or huge race day accomplishments, but it will be a fun way to get a 26.2 mile tour of a new city with my little brother. Races are the new city tours, right? πŸ˜‰

My post-run breakfast was… interesting.

The base was a container of Blueberry Oikos that I then topped with a golden delicious apple (picked fresh from TN), honey peanut butter, pumpkin apple bread (from The Apple Barn), and trail mix (my brother made this weekend with peanut butter M&Ms).

It was a very snack-y themed breakfast, but it worked. You can’t go wrong when fresh picked apple and homemade trail mix are involved. πŸ˜‰

I’m finally on my way back to Tampa! I have a sick boyfriend that needs my attention and a pup that is in some serious need to cuddling. πŸ™‚

1 Victoria (District Chocoholic) October 25, 2011 at 9:36 am

When I have a race that I know I’m not specifically trained for (like a half marathon in the middle of marathon training), I try to just run smart and make that my victory rather than a PR. Pace well, race smart, and finish happy. Good enough for me.
Victoria (District Chocoholic) recently posted..Biagio/Cocova Sample Day: Who Needs Pictures?

2 Meghann October 25, 2011 at 10:09 am

That’s my plan. πŸ™‚

3 Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat October 25, 2011 at 9:36 am

Wow, that is quite the breakfast mix! Glad you had a great run. Mine felt great this morning too, after having returned from a week of traveling. Hope your trip back to Tampa goes smoothly!
Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat recently posted..San Francisco: The Food

4 Christina @ Just Running October 25, 2011 at 9:38 am

What has your weekly mileage been like?

You sure do eat some interesting things for breakfast!!

I would love to see a post about you and D in the kitchen. Does he ever cook? Do you guys cook together? Does he like everything you make?
Christina @ Just Running recently posted..Ebola

5 Meghann October 25, 2011 at 10:10 am

I’ve been running 30 miles or so a week since Augusta (minus last week). Derek pretty much stays out of the kitchen. He helps and knows how to do a few things, but his skills are limited. Usually I cook and he’ll happily eat what ever I’ve prepared. πŸ™‚

6 Gina @ Running to the Kitchen October 25, 2011 at 10:17 am

sounds exactly like my husband πŸ™‚
Gina @ Running to the Kitchen recently posted..Creamy broccoli soup with crispy shallots

7 Cat @Breakfast to Bed October 25, 2011 at 10:58 am

mine too. he caught the kitchen on fire making eggs. yeah, you read that right. the cop can’t cook. well….not in the kitchen at least.

OH YES I DID GO THERE!! NO SHE DIDN’T, YES SHE DID!

I am tired and slaphappy.
Cat @Breakfast to Bed recently posted..Getting Chased Makes You Hungry.

8 Gina @ Running to the Kitchen October 25, 2011 at 11:02 am

hahahaha!

9 Michelle October 25, 2011 at 9:41 am

Wow your marathon is so close. I’m pretty impulsive too when it comes to… Everything
Michelle recently posted..My Come Back Training Plan

10 Corey @ Learning Patience October 25, 2011 at 9:45 am

Peanut M&Ms are SOOO good! πŸ™‚ I always pop a couple in the morning before my run!
xoxo from Trinidad
Corey @ Learning Patience recently posted..Halloween 5k Fun

11 Katie @ Peace Love and Oats October 25, 2011 at 10:02 am

I know that feeling – when you’re just dying to run! And peanut butter M&Ms can be dangerous… my friend and I got a sugar high on those during a roadtrip – we practically at a whole bag! and i’m talking a big bag… haha
Katie @ Peace Love and Oats recently posted..Taking Big Changes Day by Day…

12 Cait's Plate October 25, 2011 at 10:20 am

Pretty much wherever trail mix is involved I consider it a win or a meal πŸ™‚

Congrats on the awesome run – I’m glad it felt so good! There’s no better feeling.
Cait’s Plate recently posted..Not Bad for No Groceries

13 Amanda October 25, 2011 at 10:46 am

I like your breakfast creation. So many interesting textures and flavors! And I love peanut butter m&ms. πŸ™‚
Amanda recently posted..Moroccan-Inspired Hummus

14 Cat @Breakfast to Bed October 25, 2011 at 10:57 am

I think you had halloween trail mix for breakfast. just sayin. also, SIX marathons??!??!?! sweet jesus.
Cat @Breakfast to Bed recently posted..Getting Chased Makes You Hungry.

15 Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife October 25, 2011 at 11:25 am

Have fun with the training and the marathon! it is the NEW way to tour. Haha πŸ˜‰ Way to go on 6!!
Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife recently posted..Dancing Salsa – In A New Way

16 Kiran @ KiranTarun.com October 25, 2011 at 11:39 am

Hopefully the boyfriend gets well soon. Send my well wishes to him πŸ™‚

Also, how do you ever do it 6 times before and now another?!? A champion marathoner πŸ™‚
Kiran @ KiranTarun.com recently posted..Goodwill

17 Brittany October 25, 2011 at 12:26 pm

That is one of my favorite feelings ever! Having a great run. Nothing better πŸ™‚ Your breakfast looks deelish. Trail mix is so good.

18 kathleen @ the daily crumb October 25, 2011 at 12:35 pm

chocolate is always a good idea, no matter the meal! looks yummy πŸ™‚

can’t believe the marathon is so soon… you’re going to ROCK it.
kathleen @ the daily crumb recently posted..give me green.

19 Ashley October 25, 2011 at 6:44 pm

You’re running in Savannah?! Me too! I’m doing the half…it’s my first half! I hope to see you there! I’ll come creepily introduce myself πŸ™‚ haha

20 Siena October 25, 2011 at 10:40 pm

your post run breakfast looks like an interesting but good mix!
Siena recently posted..OOTD: Workout Edition

21 Ali @ Ali Runs October 26, 2011 at 7:55 am

I just ran my 2nd marathon that I didn’t feel as trained for as I would have liked. It turned out much better than I anticipated – I hope you have the same results! πŸ™‚
Ali @ Ali Runs recently posted..Niagara Falls International Marathon Race Recap

22 heather October 28, 2011 at 9:17 am

What day are you getting to and leaving savannah? I get there Tuesday but leave saturday after the race. We need to meet up!
heather recently posted..Friday Favorites: Operation Christmas Child

23 Meghann October 28, 2011 at 9:57 am

I don’t get in until late Friday night! There’s a big group doing something on Saturday night, but it sounds like you’ll already be gone. Bummer. πŸ™
Meghann recently posted..8 miles. Treadmill. Done.

24 Heather October 28, 2011 at 9:59 am

bummer! how are you going to get your bib?
Heather recently posted..Friday Favorites: Operation Christmas Child

25 Meghann October 28, 2011 at 10:06 am

Still working on that one…

26 Heather October 28, 2011 at 10:12 am

HA! I am so sad that everyone is meeting up on saturday! i even looked at changing my flight but it would unfortunately be way too expensive now. πŸ™ bummer!
Heather recently posted..Friday Favorites: Operation Christmas Child

27 Meghann October 28, 2011 at 11:16 am

Booo…. maybe next time.
Meghann recently posted..8 miles. Treadmill. Done.