more ยป" />

Garmin Beeps, Maddie Jumps

by Meghann on October 17, 2011

I’m not the only one enjoying this cooler weather – Maddie is too.

Cooler weather means Maddie get to run with the big girls. A fact that I’m pretty sure couldn’t make her more happy than if Santa Claus brought her an unlimited supply of pig ears for Christmas this year.

With Maddie, it isn’t the running shoes or ponytail that let’s her know it’s time to run – it’s the start up beep of the Garmin. She knows what that beep means and she’ll come running across the room as soon as she hears it. This morning was no exception. She casually laid on her favorite spot on the couch as I gathered up my running gear – only popping her head up when a chair was moved or papers casually ruffled – and as soon as the Garmin beeped, she promptly jumped up and assumed the position at the front door (butt down, collar visible, big smile). She was ready to roll.

We did a quick three miles around the block. Unfortunately we took a path Maddie hasn’t been on in a while and she insisted smelling every tree and piece of grass along the way. Not sure where my focused pup went, but she still managed to hold her own.

After our short run, I took the iPad outside and watched an episode of Felicity while doing a little bootcamp action (jumping jacks, lunges, high knees, etc). I’m on the 4th season of Felicity (a season I never watched for some reason or another back in the day) and can’t stop watching. I want to know how everything ends!

My breakfast had a bit of a fall theme to it.

In the bowl:

• 1/2 cup Cinnamon Cheerios
  • 1/2 cup Kashi Go Lean Crisp
  • 1/4 cup Good Run Granola
  • Plain Yogurt
  • Pumpkin
  • 1/2 Pear
  • Cinnamon

Something Fun

Last week’s cruising adventures had me feeling nostalgic over previous cruises I’ve been on. None of them felt like they were that long ago, but looking back at old photos I was amazed to see how different I looked from year to year. I remember how old and grown up my 18 year old self felt in 2003, but -looking back – all I see is a baby who has yet to discover who she truly is.

evolutionofmeghann.jpg

(enlarge)

Each year may have a new look, hairstyle, or story to tell, but one thing always stayed the same – my big rosy cheeks and the big smile that went with them. ๐Ÿ™‚

1 Britt @ runwithbritt October 17, 2011 at 9:52 am

You are so lucky to have such a great running buddy! Your posts always make me want to adopt a puppy!
Britt @ runwithbritt recently posted..Marathon Training Week 14 Recap

2 Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat October 17, 2011 at 10:05 am

I love comparing photos of myself growing up over the years! You’re so lucky to have been on that many cruises. My roommate and I were talking about booking one because I figure I’d like it more than a resort, and she’s been on several that she really enjoyed. Any cruise line recommendations?
Have a great day Meghann!
Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat recently posted..Pumpkin Guts

3 michelle October 17, 2011 at 10:17 am

I wish my dog could run with me without going crazy. He just gets so hyper, bouncy, and lunges at everything.
michelle recently posted..Settled in Germany

4 Corey @ Learning Patience October 17, 2011 at 10:25 am

I think I need one of those Garmin’s! That is awesome that Maddie runs with you….I want a dog! ๐Ÿ™‚ Love the past cruise pictures! You look great in all of them! I mentioned you in my pushing yourself post! Thanks for all the awesome inspiration girl!
xoxo from Trinidad
Corey @ Learning Patience recently posted..Pushing Myself

5 Cat @Breakfast to Bed October 17, 2011 at 10:34 am

I love this post. I also LOVE your 2009 hair.
Cat @Breakfast to Bed recently posted..Snoop Dog and the Captain and Tennille

6 Coco October 17, 2011 at 10:38 am

Iโ€™m on the 4th season too! I had only ever watched a few episodes.. and over the last weeks Iโ€™ve watched religiously!
Coco recently posted..Yell it out- at a random rude stranger.

7 Brittany October 17, 2011 at 10:45 am

Thts so cute that your pup does that! My dog sniffs every single thig when we go or walks I would never be able to run with him! He’s too little anyway. Yummy looking breakfast!

8 Joelle (On A Pink Typewriter) October 17, 2011 at 11:04 am

Neat flashback. ๐Ÿ™‚ The weather here in dC is great right now too btw- not freezing yet, yay!

9 melissa October 17, 2011 at 11:09 am

great pics! your gorgeous!
melissa recently posted..Fun Filled Extra Long Weekend!

10 kathleen @ the daily crumb October 17, 2011 at 11:10 am

love the reminiscing this morning. isn’t it amazing when you look back how much we thought we knew? i was positive i had all the answers the day i turned 18. while pictures show a different kathleen physically, what i see is the same as you… the mental and emotional growth that, in my opinion, is so much more important.
kathleen @ the daily crumb recently posted..my road to health.

11 Kristina October 17, 2011 at 11:12 am

I LOVE the 09 hair!

12 Mary October 17, 2011 at 12:02 pm

I’ve been following for awhile, but your post today made me laugh.

I tend to run in the early morning while the rest of the house is asleep. I often say that my pup could be in a coma, but when he hears the Garmin, he’s at the front door, too. Maddie’s a cutie!

13 Katie @ Peace Love and Oats October 17, 2011 at 12:05 pm

I can’t wait until my brother’s puppy is old enough to go running with me!
Katie @ Peace Love and Oats recently posted..Tons of Sunday Recipes!

14 Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife October 17, 2011 at 12:10 pm

Cute pictures!! I really love that blue necklace with the orange dress-looks so good together and on YOU!

It is me myself and I on runs….so you’re lucky to have that kinda ‘buddy’ for runs ๐Ÿ˜‰

15 Candice October 17, 2011 at 12:51 pm

Haha! YOU know your a RUNNER when… your dog jumps to the sound of your garmin ๐Ÿ˜‰
YOu look amazing!! I def think cruises are the only way to vaca!
Candice recently posted..Sunday Enchiladas

16 Diana October 17, 2011 at 1:23 pm

What kind of garmin do you recommend for running only? I’m so torn on what to get. I just saw a new Nike one….

17 Hillary October 17, 2011 at 2:00 pm

I love looking back on old photos of myself and remembering where I was at that point in my life. Such a wake up call, huh?
Hillary recently posted..(Low Chub) Pumpkin Date Bread

18 erica October 17, 2011 at 3:52 pm

maddie is too cute! my dog is like that with my morning alarm. as soon as my alarm goes off, he gets up and moves to snuggle up to my husband because he knows i’ll be getting up to leave the bed. hahaha. that and if he hears the ice dispenser he’ll come running to see if any cubes somehow hit the floor.

i love your short hair in the 2009 pic! so cute!

was it your carnival cruise ship where they found the dead baby in the room?
erica recently posted..ollie bee visits grandma

19 Army Amy* October 17, 2011 at 4:34 pm

I love the pics of you over the years!*
Army Amy* recently posted..Happiness isโ€ฆ

20 Hope October 17, 2011 at 4:52 pm

I love comparing myself through the years. It’s fun to see how styles have changed. I love your orange dress! ๐Ÿ™‚
Hope recently posted..An Easy Chili Kind Of Nightโ€ฆ

21 Marie October 18, 2011 at 3:06 pm

I love seeing people’s old pics; you look great in all and I LOVE the ’09 hair style!!!

22 Danielle October 18, 2011 at 4:44 pm

Me too! That hairstyle (’09) looks great on you, girl!

23 Sophie October 22, 2011 at 11:02 am

Awww, I love those cruise pictures!
Sophie recently posted..What I Learned From Being A Big Sister.