The Recovery

by Meghann on October 15, 2011

How does one follow a 20 mile morning run?

Poolside. Duh. πŸ˜‰

I mean, you really can’t go wrong.

There’s ice water to loosen up the legs.

Food to refuel your empty tank.

Drinks to quench your thirst.

IMG_4596.jpg

(The Cigar City Good Gourd is officially my favorite pumpkin beer of the season πŸ˜‰ )

And good friends to complain about the aches and pain with.

Yep, sounds like a good idea to me!

Hopefully Ashley feels the same way – she’s on her way to an all night wedding with a party that doesn’t plan on ending until 2:00am! More power to ya girl!

I, on the other hand, left the pool craving a burger. Random? Definitely. But, needed? Yes!

We stopped at Evos (which is a fast food burger place with an emphasis on natural, organic food) on the way home for a quick bite.

I ordered the cheese steakburger with air-baked fries and spicy ketchup.

It tasted just like a typical fast food burger and fries, but that’s exactly what I was after. Just what the doctor ordered. πŸ˜‰

I made a smoothie once I got home using a Yoplait kit I recently picked up for free at Publix thanks to a BOGO deal + stacked coupons. Coupon win.

IMG_4619.jpg

The Back to Nature Chocolate Granola on top was another BOGO/Coupon win. πŸ˜‰

IMG_4621.jpg

Yummy.

TIme for football and sleep (possibly at the same time).

Good NIght!

1 Krissy - Shiawase Life October 15, 2011 at 9:32 pm

Ah! I miss Publix BOGO!
Krissy – Shiawase Life recently posted..Single Shot of Saturday…

2 Ellie October 15, 2011 at 9:34 pm

Your Evos reminds me of a place we have in Austin called Elevation Burger. Soooo good and you feel great after eating it too!

3 Sana October 15, 2011 at 9:36 pm

That burger looks gooooood!
Sana recently posted..Day 15: Silhouette

4 Amanda @ Let Me Be Whats Underneath October 15, 2011 at 9:50 pm

Looks like the perfect way to recover!! πŸ™‚
Amanda @ Let Me Be Whats Underneath recently posted..Random, But True…

5 Sara @ RunnerWife October 15, 2011 at 9:53 pm

So jealous of your weather! It is rainy, cold, and extremely windy here. I think my days of laying poolside are over until next summer πŸ™ I will just have to dream I am there! Awesome 20 mile run earlier! I just ran my first marathon and I am already eager to get back into training again – I NEVER thought I would say that!
Sara @ RunnerWife recently posted..What’s Next

6 Samantha October 15, 2011 at 10:01 pm

I LOVE Evos! There was a location right around the corner from my highschool (back when I was in highschool, that is.) When the bell rang and everyone hung out at the Taco Bell or Wendys, I would drag my friends to Evos! It was something that I strongly believed is needed and when it closed I was devastated!

7 Kari October 15, 2011 at 10:15 pm

I love Evos! The sweet potato fries are wicked good.
Kari recently posted..Vegan MoFo 14: Fitness Friday #2

8 caloricandcrazy October 15, 2011 at 10:25 pm

Your eats look awesome and poolside is thhheee best way to unwind and relax! I would so order a SoyTaco burger whatever that may be from Evos…;)

9 Rachel October 15, 2011 at 10:33 pm

Hey Meghann,

You mentioned you’ve gained some weight recently, but I honestly think you look amazing. If you hadn’t of said anything I really would have though you lost weight. I don’t know…something about your recent posts, you look strong, confident, and glowing! Just thought I should tell you. I’ve gained about 10-15 pounds as well due to injury and I’m really self-conscious about it. But seeing you so confident makes me think that maybe some people don’t even notice it. I’m excited to get back in the groove of things, and a little less depressed about where I am now. So THANK YOU. And again, you look amazing!

10 mel October 16, 2011 at 6:37 am

I agree, you look great Meghann! And you can rock 20 miles!

11 Sara October 16, 2011 at 10:05 am

I too agree that you look GREAT! I’m not a frequent blog-commenter & nor would I EVER comment on someone’s weight it if hadn’t been brought up on this type of blog… but I just want to say your figure looks awesome both in a bikini, running clothes, and formal clothes so there is NO need for weight loss. Of course you know how you feel your best, but just wanted to agree with these ladies that there should be no pressure for you to drop pounds when you can complete a half ironman, run 20 mi. soon after, and still rock a two-piece!! Keep doing your thing girl πŸ™‚

12 Katie @ Peace Love and Oats October 15, 2011 at 10:36 pm

that burger looks delicious, I’ve never heard of Evos! And I LOVE those smoothie things, it makes it so easy to just throw one together!
Katie @ Peace Love and Oats recently posted..Trainer Slept In = Upper Body Workout!

13 Cait's Plate October 15, 2011 at 10:50 pm

Gah I’m so jealous you can still be poolside right now!!! Looks like the absolute perfect recovery day to me!
Cait’s Plate recently posted..List It

14 Deva @ Deva by Definition October 15, 2011 at 10:53 pm

It’s a bit too chilly where I am to relax pool side – but I think it’s great that you can!
Deva @ Deva by Definition recently posted..I Did It

15 Amy October 15, 2011 at 11:32 pm

It looks like all the guys are staring at some topless girl off in the distance πŸ˜€

16 Vanessa @ Swift as Shadows October 15, 2011 at 11:34 pm

Sounds like the perfect day to accompany a long run. Well-deserved too. =)

17 Corey @ Learning Patience October 15, 2011 at 11:44 pm

You inspired me to long run tomorrow… its very hot here so i havent attempted a run over 6 miles yet….. tomorrow is the day….thanks for the inspiration!
xoxo fromTrinidad
Corey @ Learning Patience recently posted..Kicking Some and Laughing it Off!

18 Mama Pea October 16, 2011 at 12:00 am

Green. Bikini. Wut wut.
Mama Pea recently posted..Thrive Foods in Your Future (GIVEAWAY)

19 Sarah October 16, 2011 at 6:51 am

Poolside in october? I need to move to florida!
Sarah recently posted..Dear 26.2

20 Hillary October 16, 2011 at 9:12 am

I’m just a little bit jealous that you were able to sit poolside in the middle of October. Just a little!
Hillary recently posted..Fall (In Love)

21 Gina @ Running to the Kitchen October 16, 2011 at 9:45 am

I’ve stayed at the hotel across the street from that one and could see the pool area everytime I went down the elevator, looks so nice! Good way to recover πŸ™‚
Gina @ Running to the Kitchen recently posted..Vegetable barley chili

22 Krystina (Organically Me) October 16, 2011 at 9:46 am

I’m now on the lookout for that beer – cigar city brews are SO good!

23 kathleen @ the daily crumb October 16, 2011 at 9:47 am

looks like a perfect day to me!

they just opened an evos in our area… can’t wait to try it out!
kathleen @ the daily crumb recently posted..pooped puppies.

24 Army Amy* October 16, 2011 at 3:15 pm

I like the packaging on the burger. Now I want one!*
Army Amy* recently posted..Putter There!

25 Ali @ Ali Runs October 16, 2011 at 5:35 pm

I couldn’t think of a better way to recover after a long run! πŸ™‚
Ali @ Ali Runs recently posted..What Would You Do?

26 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More October 16, 2011 at 7:20 pm

I’m now craving a veggie burger, sweet potato fries and a smoothie from this post….thanks. πŸ˜‰

27 Paula October 17, 2011 at 10:12 am

Where can you buy the Cigar City Good Gourd? Is it available in stores, or did you get it directly from them? Would love to try it if it’s available on my side of the bridge…

28 Meghann October 17, 2011 at 12:54 pm

I got it at Whole Foods, but I’ve seen it at Total Wine and Rollin Oats. It’s good if you can find it!

29 Sophie October 22, 2011 at 6:36 am

I like the pool recovery theory! πŸ™‚
Sophie recently posted..What I Learned From Being A Big Sister.