What would you do….

by Meghann on October 14, 2011

What would you do if you had your significant other at home for a rare day off?

Would you explore? Would you escape to a land far, far away? Would you tackle every possible chore task that needs to be done? Or would you just sit on the couch and watch tv all day?!

How about a little of all of the above? With a heavy emphasis on the ‘watch tv all day’ of course. πŸ˜‰

Actually, our plan was to do a deep clean all day, but that ended when Derek was called to emergency baby sitting duty and I was left with an exploding inbox that I couldn’t pull myself away from. (I made it a point not to check my email while I was away and while I have no regrets on turning it off, my decision has definitely caught up with me by now.)

I did manage to break away for a little baby time (Derek’s niece is getting SO BIG! She’s practically talking and walking by now. You know, in a ‘I have to be fully supported with both arms’ and ‘gurgle, gurgle, la, la, la’ sort of way.) and we did a mini-explore through the community garage sale with Maddie in tow.

I kept lunch simple by heating up a little Mexican Spaghetti Squash and making open faced sandwiches.

Surprisingly, really tasty. It would have been better wrapped in a tortilla, but I worked with what we had on hand.

Some fresh green beans on the side.

That ‘deep clean’ has been pushed to a ‘make it work’ clean with a lot of rooms being determined ‘off limits’ in anticipation of a couple of special out of town guests coming in this evening.

I wonder if we can get by with the ‘w just got back from vacation’ excuse? πŸ˜‰

1 Amanda October 14, 2011 at 4:12 pm

i think just getting back from vacation is a legitimate excuse. πŸ™‚ when i don’t feel like cleaning, i sometimes find it helpful to set a 10 minute timer and just see how much tidying up i’m able to get done. i’m often surprised how much i can get done when i just focus on it for a short amount of time instead of trying to multi-task.
Amanda recently posted..Pumpkin Molasses Smoothie

2 Katie @ Peace Love and Oats October 14, 2011 at 4:24 pm

I did get an extra day this week and I used about 1/3 to get work done, 1/3 to play with my brother’s puppy and bake them pumpkin bread, and the other third to be a lazy butt. It was wonderful. Lots of Biggest Loser re-runs on netflix were watched…
Katie @ Peace Love and Oats recently posted..7 Things

3 Hope October 14, 2011 at 4:49 pm

Ugh, I hate cleaning. I am always pushing that off. Unfortunately, I think I will be doing a lot of it this weekend. That mexican spaghetti squash looks quite tasty! πŸ™‚
Hope recently posted..My New Favorite Smart Cup…

4 Sana October 14, 2011 at 5:14 pm

Boo cleaning. I just hide things!
Sana recently posted..Finger Food

5 Cait's Plate October 14, 2011 at 5:22 pm

I think that’s a COMPLETELY legitimate excuse! I love cleaning but definitely not right when I got home!
Cait’s Plate recently posted..Pumpkin Pancakes

6 kathleen @ the daily crumb October 14, 2011 at 5:33 pm

i would probably join you on the “lay on the couch and watch tv all day” idea, although there’s nothing like the feeling at the end of a super productive day. and nothing makes a day more productive than an extra set of hands!
kathleen @ the daily crumb recently posted..vegan coconut cookie bites.

7 Courtney @ The Petite AthlEAT October 14, 2011 at 5:40 pm

The vacation excuse works for me. πŸ˜‰ I personally think homes that are happily lived in are so much nicer to come visit than homes that are spotless. We all know how unnatural a freakishly clean house is!
Courtney @ The Petite AthlEAT recently posted..Great Scott, Look at Her Glutes!

8 Meg October 14, 2011 at 5:45 pm

I think it’s important to ease back into your routine after vacay πŸ˜‰
Meg recently posted..I’m single and it’s perfectly ok.

9 Gina @ Running to the Kitchen October 14, 2011 at 5:52 pm

Coming home to a messy house drives me nuts! I usually run around like a lunatic cleaning my house before leaving so when I get home I can relax otherwise I’ll literally HAVE to clean when I get home no matter what time. It’s a sickness, I know.
Gina @ Running to the Kitchen recently posted..On the road granola bars

10 Joelle (On A Pink Typewriter) October 14, 2011 at 6:19 pm

Getting back from a long vacay is def a legit excuse! I’ve been home all week and my room is a disaster- the “I got sucked into Netflixing instant episodes of Felicity” isn’t really working for me at the moment. πŸ˜‰
Joelle (On A Pink Typewriter) recently posted..Friday

11 Emily@SavoryandSavage October 14, 2011 at 7:06 pm

Definitely use the ‘back from vacation’ excuse.

I can just imagine what your inbox looked like after you were away for a few days – Yikes!
Emily@SavoryandSavage recently posted..Finding greens in the city

12 Corey @ Learning Patience October 14, 2011 at 8:07 pm

all of these spaghetti squash recipes are making me wants some….grrr NO spaghetti squash here….grrrr….

xoxo from Trinidad
Corey @ Learning Patience recently posted..Eyeballs Anyone? My Mother’s Recipe

13 Hilary October 14, 2011 at 8:24 pm

Mmmm….days off on the couch always seem to be the best to me!
Hilary recently posted..Panini Protein Power

14 Jessi @ Quirky Cookery October 14, 2011 at 8:34 pm

I should really do a deep clean myself. Instead, I keep avoiding cleaning beyond the basics and uh, that makes the need for a deep clean even greater…and less likely I want to do it, ha.
Jessi @ Quirky Cookery recently posted..How can such a pretty wife make such bad coffee?

15 april October 14, 2011 at 9:03 pm

Hey are you headed to veg fest this weekend???