more ยป" />

Back To It

by Meghann on October 14, 2011

My return to normalcy hit me when my alarm went off at 6:30 this morning. The constant *beep*beep* of an alarm is a sure signal that vacation is over. Other signals? Going through the motions of getting up, dog walking, and heading out for a run that doesn’t take place on a beautiful ship. Blah.

My run may not have been in the open waters, but it did feel nice to escape the treadmill and head out on the open road with nothing but my spare key and an ipod. If I closed my eyes I could pretend there was a beautiful sun rising over the water ahead of me – with no swaying and stumbling required.

I knocked out 6 miles at a steady pace and appreciated the lack of humidity Florida is experiencing right now. If I ever complain about it again – just remind me how bad Cozumel is and I promise to promptly shut my pie hole.

Breakfast was the return to an old favorite that had been missing from my life this week: cereal.

In the bowl:

• 1/2 cup Uncle Sam Honey Almond
  • 1/2 cup Cinnamon Cheerios
  • 1/2 cup Erewhon Brown Rice Crispies w/ Mixed Berries
  • Plain Yogurt
  • Apple
  • Chopped Dates
  • Cinnamon

Oh, yeah. That’s the stuff. ๐Ÿ˜‰

I’m going to attempt to play catch up with emails and messages this morning.

Back to work I go.

1 Megan @ Life As Megan Knows it October 14, 2011 at 9:51 am

Sometimes after vacation it is nice to return to normal. DOn’t you wish you could juts have one more day ๐Ÿ˜‰
Megan @ Life As Megan Knows it recently posted..goals and training plan

2 Sweet and Savvy October 14, 2011 at 9:56 am

All Those cereals mixed sound great! Do you know if the uncle Sam is gluten free?

3 Cat @Breakfast to Bed October 14, 2011 at 9:58 am

Do you ever feel like you need a vacation from vacation? After a long vacay, I kinda always feel that way.
Cat @Breakfast to Bed recently posted..Do Fake Apples Wear Banana Hammocks?

4 Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat October 14, 2011 at 10:00 am

Happy back-to-reality!! At least it’s Friday. ๐Ÿ™‚ Have a good one Meghann and good luck on the catch-up!
Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat recently posted..Fit Bit Friday 15

5 Chloe (In Fine Feather) October 14, 2011 at 10:12 am

At least it’s Friday and you can spend the weekend getting things back together! Coming back from a trip is definitely a let down, and I am terrible at unpacking my suitcase in a timely manner. I usually leave it for at least a week ๐Ÿ˜‰
Chloe (In Fine Feather) recently posted..Watch This

6 Courtney @ The Petite AthlEAT October 14, 2011 at 10:18 am

This is going to sound crazy, and I promise I don’t live under a rock, but I just discovered Uncle Sam cereals. I know, I know!! They’re amazing.
Courtney @ The Petite AthlEAT recently posted..Great Scott, Look at Her Glutes!

7 kathleen @ the daily crumb October 14, 2011 at 10:43 am

6 miles fresh off a vacation?! that’s impressive!! it usually takes me a few days to get back into the swing of things.
kathleen @ the daily crumb recently posted..abc’s of me!

8 Britt @ runwithbritt October 14, 2011 at 10:49 am

I hate it when vacation ends. It almost feels unfair. Haha. The weather is so beautiful in Texas as well. It’s actually not in the 90s right now. I can’t wait for class to be out so I can get outside!
Britt @ runwithbritt recently posted..Pumpkin Spice Greek Yogurt

9 Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife October 14, 2011 at 11:18 am

Hey-at least you came back to a FRiday!! ๐Ÿ™‚ Sounds like it was a great vacay!
Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife recently posted..Foods For Lunch

10 Corey @ Learning Patience October 14, 2011 at 11:27 am

Have a great welcome back to normal life day today… ๐Ÿ™‚
xoxo from Trinidad
Corey @ Learning Patience recently posted..Eyeballs Anyone? My Mother’s Recipe

11 Joelle (On A Pink Typewriter) October 14, 2011 at 11:47 am

I’m always happy to return to my own kitchen and bed, but it’s pretty nice to have someone else making you meals, I’d say. ๐Ÿ™‚
Joelle (On A Pink Typewriter) recently posted..Foot-iversary

12 Cait's Plate October 14, 2011 at 11:48 am

Good luck with the catch up!! It’s the worst part of coming back from a vacation!
Cait’s Plate recently posted..Pumpkin Pancakes

13 Molly October 14, 2011 at 12:08 pm

my week has not been โ€œnormalโ€ at all. Iโ€™ve been on an exercise breakโ€” my body needed to catch up on some zzzzz’s
Molly recently posted..LUNA Bar Giveaway! [[& Review!]]

14 Katie @ Peace Love and Oats October 14, 2011 at 1:09 pm

first day back is always the roughest! hang in there! plus i wouldn’t be complaining about that cereal, sounds so good! I love cinnamon cheerios!
Katie @ Peace Love and Oats recently posted..7 Things