What’s on my mind today

by Meghann on October 7, 2011

Rundies

rundies-web.jpg

Unnecessary and expensive, but also hilarious and suddenly very high on my ‘must have’ list. πŸ˜‰

YouTube Hair Tutorials

Especially LetsMakeItUp1. She’s so cute and relatable – love her!

Now, if only I was as successful as she is.

Hair fail! Try, try, and try again – right?

Blogger Baby Watch

Sabrina gave birth to a beautiful, baby boy last week and Emily and Kristen aren’t far behind! I’m on pins and needles waiting for a ‘we’re on our way to the hospital’ tweet!

New York City Marathon

Who wants to run 2012 with me?!?! πŸ˜‰

Leftovers

I feel like this week has been a week of leftovers.

The best thing about rotisserie chickens is the fact that they are the meal that keeps on giving. πŸ™‚

I made a sandwich with a portion of the left overs and spicy mustard – simple and classic – for lunch.

With frozen corn and okra on the side.

What’s on your mind?

1 Sweet and Savvy October 7, 2011 at 3:27 pm

I LOVE Hanna’s hair on PLL…. maybe I’ll have to start turning to youtube for help πŸ™‚
Sweet and Savvy recently posted..Things I Love Thursday

2 Lindsey October 7, 2011 at 3:28 pm

That I am hours away from a long weekend!! πŸ™‚
Love the underwear πŸ™‚
Lindsey recently posted..Foodie Friday!

3 Jen October 7, 2011 at 3:33 pm

i want NYC to be my first marathon! it will be if i get into the 2012 lottery! (already denied once…)

4 Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife October 7, 2011 at 3:34 pm

haha the rundies are hilarious!

On my mind: the amazing weekend that is almost heeeerrrreee! πŸ™‚
Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife recently posted..Focus On: Triceps Extension

5 Emily October 7, 2011 at 3:34 pm

Oh man, the Fartlek underwear is definitely the BEST. Teehee, so mature on this Friday πŸ™‚
Emily recently posted..EmSemm: The flowers outside the mac store on Michigan are so sweet. #ThankYouSteve #iSad

6 Cait's Plate October 7, 2011 at 3:35 pm

I meant to say this last night when I read your post – I was in the grocery store the other day and someone was buying a rotisserie chicken and I suddenly got a HUGE urge to get one! I can’t remember the last time (if ever) I bought one but needless to say I definitely laughed when I came back and read your post for the night!

Also? Those underwear are TOTALLY necessary, haha. Those are SO the stupid little things that I can’t help but buy.
Cait’s Plate recently posted..Failed Attempts

7 Paula @ Eat: Watch: Run October 7, 2011 at 3:37 pm

Now, this may just be me, but I think I’ll pass on having my “rundies” say “Easy 6.” πŸ˜‰
Paula @ Eat: Watch: Run recently posted..Five for Friday

8 Carolina @ Peas in a Blog October 7, 2011 at 3:46 pm

I’m running the NYC in less than a month — aaaaahhhhhh! This just gave me goose bumps!
Carolina @ Peas in a Blog recently posted..Yoganisms.

9 Ali @ Ali Runs October 7, 2011 at 4:01 pm

I love the idea of Rundies, but I would never pay $65 for cotton underwear. I wish they were more affordable because I think they are really cool.
Ali @ Ali Runs recently posted..You Can Do Anything

10 Deva @ Deva by Definition October 7, 2011 at 4:22 pm

On my mind? My plans for a half marathon next year! I’m signing up for it next week! For sure!
Deva @ Deva by Definition recently posted..Sorry, Im Not Sorry

11 Laura October 7, 2011 at 4:35 pm

Rundies are def on my “if I had a bunch of extra money” list. I’m headed to the PDX expo today even though I’m not running (just volunteering) and I might pick up some fun running stuff.
Laura recently posted..50 Little Things Kick Off

12 Kathleen October 7, 2011 at 4:39 pm

And since I just posted about by new love for competing in bun huggers yesterday, these rundies are a must have for me. If they could only make them a little more form fitting they would be hysterical to compete in. How fun. Thanks for sharing.
Kathleen recently posted..running in bun huggers

13 Courtney @ The Petite AthlEAT October 7, 2011 at 4:44 pm

Oh my goodness! Rundies are too cute! So are your curls!! Haha πŸ™‚

14 Karen @ Run Shop Travel October 7, 2011 at 4:46 pm

I am planning to run NYC 2012! Since I live there I am doing my 9 races + 1 volunteer to get guaranteed entry next year; I’ve gotten denied in the lottery twice already! The other option is to run for charity, which I considered and would probably do in the future if I want to run it again!
Karen @ Run Shop Travel recently posted..Groove

15 meghan October 7, 2011 at 5:07 pm

I’m going to enter the lottery for the NYC Marathon 2012! I’m hoping that I get it, but I know odds are not good. I’d love to do a long run together sometime if we both get in!!
meghan recently posted.."IT" List

16 Hillary October 7, 2011 at 5:20 pm

The fartlek rundies made me giggle a little. Hi, I’m five.

I have a lot on my mind—specifically how much work I need to get done this weekend. Oh, grad school. Just end already!
Hillary recently posted..In a Pinch

17 Michelle @ Crazy*Running*Legs October 7, 2011 at 5:25 pm

If I survive Savannah (things are looking up!), I will definitely be registering for NY in 2012!! Everyone in my running group says it’s amazing and I MUST do it.

I probably won’t run it if I’m pregnant (high possibility, but not planning anything around it) so I’d defer if I actually got picked. It definitely doesn’t hurt to register.

Love the undies!

18 Joelle (On A Pink Typewriter) October 7, 2011 at 5:29 pm

Happy hour+a martini soon, and the fact that is was my last day at my current job! Starting a new one in a couple weeks- woo!
Joelle (On A Pink Typewriter) recently posted..How to bake a cake in a jar

19 Kristen @ The Concrete Runner October 7, 2011 at 5:40 pm

Haha! Thanks! I’m still here though. We are *praying* for the baby to come this weekend – and of course, you’re going to be gone! She’ll probably come as soon as you are no longer in contact with the rest of the world and drinking a margarita in the middle of the ocean! Actually, let’s hope that’s about right… the sooner the better!

I really think I need those Rundies! So cute!
Kristen @ The Concrete Runner recently posted..life before kids

20 Meghann October 7, 2011 at 10:45 pm

I’ll be sparsely checking my email, so I’m crossing my fingers for good news! πŸ™‚

21 Katie @ Peace Love and Oats October 7, 2011 at 5:40 pm

what’s on my mind is that i’m so jealous of the okra! I can’t find it in stores this week so I’m waiting for the farmers market tomorrow where I fully intend to hunt some down! apparently these midwesterners don’t understand how good it is…
Katie @ Peace Love and Oats recently posted..Yes, I Love Huffington Post

22 Meghann October 7, 2011 at 10:46 pm

I froze a big batch of fresh okra a while back and that was the last of it. Bye Bye okra! πŸ™

23 Mary @ Bites and Bliss October 7, 2011 at 5:49 pm

I love those rundies!! I wonder if they make shorts like those..
Mary @ Bites and Bliss recently posted..Shedding some light.

24 caloricandcrazy October 7, 2011 at 5:53 pm

Okra is a great side to any dish! It looks so pretty in your pics too πŸ™‚

25 Christine October 7, 2011 at 7:12 pm

rundies <3
too cute!

i am running nycm in 2012! i did the NYRR 9+1 program to guarantee an entry! it would be awesome to have a bunch of bloggers run it!
Christine recently posted..The Finish Line

26 Amylynn October 7, 2011 at 7:38 pm

i will totally run NY 2012 with you! I got in in 2010, deferred bc of a stress fracture, repaid the entry fee in 2011 to run only to find out that it is on the same date as my good friends bridal party. have to defer AGAIN! Most definitely running 2012! After roughly $600 in registration fees (about $200 per year..), it has to be the best race ever, right?

27 Rachel October 7, 2011 at 8:04 pm

I’m entering the lottery for NYC Marathon 2012, for sure!!!! What’s on my mind? I had the day off but was still crazy busy. I hate that. Hoping for some down time tonight.
Rachel recently posted..Fall is in the air…

28 Lauren October 7, 2011 at 8:34 pm

I loved the you tube clip. Actually, I was fascinated by it. LoL And your hair definitely doesn’t look bad! It’s adorable!
Lauren recently posted..What Weekends Are Made Of

29 Alaina October 7, 2011 at 8:58 pm

Haha, the fartlek rundies are just so perfect.

I’ve been thinking about my upcoming 10k. So excited!!
Alaina recently posted..The Taste of Perkins

30 connecticut cupcake October 7, 2011 at 8:59 pm

i’m dying to run nyc, I’ve been rejected from the lottery 2x already but not consecutive years(b/c I missed the application deadline this yr) so I have to either win the lotto and get rejected for the next 2 yrs. awesome.

31 April B. October 7, 2011 at 9:29 pm

OMG!!! That video makes me want to run NYC too!! It’s on my bucket list…

On a side note, I was in Chicago for work this week. Saw all of the signage and set up being done for the marathon. Made me wish I was running it again.
April B. recently posted..Randomness

32 BroccoliHut October 7, 2011 at 9:46 pm

Not gonna lie…those Rundies are SO going on my Christmas list πŸ™‚
BroccoliHut recently posted..One Pitiful Puppy

33 Melissa (MelissaLikesToEat) October 7, 2011 at 10:06 pm

I’ll have to check out that hair/makeup site….I love learning new tips. I saw on twitter that you ordered hot rollers. Did you like them? Is that picture from those hot rollers? I was thinking of getting them but wasn’t sure. πŸ™‚

34 Meghann October 7, 2011 at 10:48 pm

I think hot rollers were made for people with thin hair who want volume, I’ve tried them twice and both time I end up with pageant hair. Third time’s a charm? πŸ˜‰

35 Emily @ Comfortable Home Life October 7, 2011 at 10:51 pm

I totally want to do NYC in 2012!!
Emily @ Comfortable Home Life recently posted..Velo Fellow

36 Sana October 7, 2011 at 11:11 pm

Messy bun is the way to goo!
Sana recently posted..Day 7: Fruit

37 Emily October 7, 2011 at 11:39 pm

I hate to contribute to redundancy but seriously, I busted a laugh so loud at the Rundies that I made the dog jump!

Off-subject, but congrats to Maddie! I doubt my Duke would be able to pull it off πŸ™‚
Emily recently posted..Fitness and Fleet Week

38 Amanda October 8, 2011 at 9:21 pm

I would love to run New York! It is definitely on the marathon bucket list!
On my mind- how perfect the weather has been this week in Chicago, how jealous I am of the marathoners ready to run their hearts out tomorrow, but looking forward to kicking butt at the Indianapolis Marathon next Saturday! Have a FANTASTIC time on your vacation next week!

39 Caroline October 9, 2011 at 1:13 am

These rundies are fantastic! Definitely unnecessary but SO FUN as well:) Thanks for sharing!
Caroline recently posted..Jet Setting

40 Sophie October 9, 2011 at 4:15 pm

Haha, those rundies are amazing!!
Sophie recently posted..To Do It Or Not To Do It?!