more ยป" />

Is it vacation yet?

by Meghann on October 7, 2011

How does one pack for a 5-day cruise?

That’s easy – pack everything you own. There’s no weight limit on a ship!

4 pairs of shoes? Why not?! Heck – I’m packing the big bag! ๐Ÿ˜‰

Sweet!!

I just spent three hours washing clothes, folding clothes, selecting clothes, packing clothes, and second guessing myself on clothes. I am clothes-ed out. And my head hurts. Is it vacation yet?

We’re almost to ‘vacation fridge mode’ in the house, so dinner got interesting. All we had was a bag of carrots, an onion, leftover chicken, half a can of chickpeas, half a ball of mozzarella, and a quarter of a jar of marinara sauce. We also had a frozen pizza in the freezer, but I hate to see food go to waste. So, what did I do? I combined it all in a big pot (minus the pizza) and called it a meal.

I’m pretty sure I’ve proven at this point in my three year blogging career that you can turn anything into dinner. ‘We have nothing to eat’ simply does not work in this house – there’s always something to eat. Luckily, that something to eat is usually pretty darn good too.

No time for garlic toast? Spray a piece of toast with Pam and sprinkle some garlic salt on it. Works wonders.

I had a good amount of work to do today, so I couldn’t start packing until after dinner. Once I was finished, I treated myself with an easy apple crumble.

Cinnamon + Hot Apples + Graham Cracker + Chocolate + Vanilla Yogurt = Easy Apple Crumble ๐Ÿ™‚

My alarm is set for 5am!!!! I have a 17 mile run to get out of the way before vacation can begin!

Good Night!!

1 Christina @ Just Running October 7, 2011 at 11:54 pm

Hello, there! I’m new to your blog, but I know that you’re a professional blogger. I was wondering what kind of work you had to do today since you mentioned having a lot of work to do. What’s is the workload like for a professional blogger? Thanks!!

Putting dinner together like that was certainly creative! I would have gone for the pizza. ๐Ÿ™‚
Christina @ Just Running recently posted..Cheesy Tuna Pasta

2 Caitlin October 8, 2011 at 8:19 am

I must have missed that you were going on a cruise!! I loved your cruise day recaps the last time you went, so I am sure I will love these as well. I can live vicariously through you as you are on your vacation, and I am (still) at work! lol

have fun and be safe ๐Ÿ™‚

3 Katie @ Peace Love and Oats October 8, 2011 at 8:52 am

good luck on your run this morning! And that’s definitely something I discovered – I can make a dinner out of anything that’s left in my fridge!
Katie @ Peace Love and Oats recently posted..Sword in the Cake

4 Heather October 8, 2011 at 8:59 am

I have gone on 4 cruises and ALWAYS overpack. I pack all these cute clothes and end up staying in swimsuits and tshirt/shorts most of the time! You would think I would have learned…
Heather recently posted..Disney Day 3 September 2011

5 Danielle October 8, 2011 at 9:23 am

Have a great cruise!

I do have to ask though – and I mean this as respectfully as possible – is going on vacation really THAT different than your normal life? I guess I’m asking what is so stressful in your life that you really need a vacation? For most of us, a vacation is a chance to take a break from commuting to work, being in an office, dealing with coworkers, meeting deadlines, staying late, frantically check work email at night in case the boss has a problem, and so on. I know you do “freelance work”, but your days appear to consist of exercising, taking pictures for the blog, meeting friends for lunch, chilling at a coffee shop to work on the blog, and then having dinner with derek later. Everyone has a right to take a vacation if they can afford one, but what are you taking a vacation from?

6 Deva @ Deva by Definition October 8, 2011 at 9:31 am

Good luck with your run, and enjoy your cruise.
Deva @ Deva by Definition recently posted..Friday Five

7 Ari @ Ari's Menu October 8, 2011 at 10:17 am

Is that bowl from Ikea? I think I have the same ones! ๐Ÿ™‚
Ari @ Ari’s Menu recently posted..Negative Nancy

8 Ali @ Ali Runs October 8, 2011 at 11:39 am

Packing for vacation is the worst!! I always always over pack! Looks like you did too ๐Ÿ˜‰
Ali @ Ali Runs recently posted..You Can Do Anything

9 Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife October 8, 2011 at 12:05 pm

I hatttteeeee packing! Looks like you’re all set though!

10 kathleen @ the daily crumb October 8, 2011 at 1:09 pm

our meals look something like that the day before vacation!
kathleen @ the daily crumb recently posted..of the moment {10.8.11}

11 Sophie October 11, 2011 at 4:54 pm

That sounds like a pretty good dinner to me!
Sophie recently posted..Before You Were Mine.