more ยป" />

We Lost a Great One

by Meghann on October 6, 2011

New Rules of Lifting For Women Stage 3A is done.

Sure, there was that whole 2.5 week break in the middle, but it’s done now and that’s all that matters. ๐Ÿ™‚

I still have 3B to complete before Stage 3 is completely over (I hope to finish that next week on the ship), then it’s right on to stage 4. I really enjoyed stage 3 (lots of new moves and a heavy emphasis on the core) and am curious to see what the next stage brings. Each one adds a new level of difficulty to it that keeps me coming back for more.

Post-gym bowl of oats.

Base:

• 1/3 cup oats
  • 1/3 cup water
  • 1/3 cup milk
  • chia seeds
  • cinnamon
  • chopped dates

Top:

• Love Grown Apple Walnut Granola
  • apple

Yesterday the world lost one of its most inspirational figures.

Steve Jobs Apple Screen Shot.png

“Remembering that I’ll be dead soon is the most important tool I’ve ever encountered to help me make the big choices in life. Because almost everything — all external expectations, all pride, all fear of embarrassment or failure – these things just fall away in the face of death, leaving only what is truly important. Remembering that you are going to die is the best way I know to avoid the trap of thinking you have something to lose. You are already naked. There is no reason not to follow your heart. … Stay hungry. Stay foolish.”

— Steve Jobs, Stanford University commencement address, June 2005.

RIP

1 kathleen @ the daily crumb October 6, 2011 at 10:04 am

so true. amazing how steve jobs has defined our generation. we will never look at technology the same way again. a true genius, now making his mark in heaven.
kathleen @ the daily crumb recently posted..off to atlanta + a giveaway!

2 Gina @ Running to the Kitchen October 6, 2011 at 10:04 am

Are those 90 sec planks killing you? I’m visibly shaking by about 75 seconds ๐Ÿ˜‰
Gina @ Running to the Kitchen recently posted..Pumpkin walnut chocolate chip cake bars

3 Meghann October 6, 2011 at 10:24 am

YES!!!! I hate them!! But I am a fan of the horizontal chop – I swear I can feel my obliques re-defining themselves every time I do them.

4 michelle October 6, 2011 at 10:12 am

What a fantastic quote. I’m saving that.
michelle recently posted..Running in Germany

5 Emily@SavoryandSavage October 6, 2011 at 10:19 am

It is definitely the end of an era. Steve Jobs will be greatly missed.
Emily@SavoryandSavage recently posted..Jet lag and waffles

6 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More October 6, 2011 at 10:27 am

The mood at work quickly changed yesterday after we saw the update to apple.com but at the end of the day, I’m proud to be a member of the Apple family and culture that Steve worked hard to create.
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..Steve Jobs 1955-2011

7 Cait's Plate October 6, 2011 at 10:28 am

We definitely did lose a great one. I feel so heartbroken by his passing.
Cait’s Plate recently posted..Happy Happy Joy Joy!

8 Kiran @ KiranTarun.com October 6, 2011 at 10:38 am

We lost a visionary and a great innovator that changed the way we communicate – flawlessly. You would be missed. RIP.
Kiran @ KiranTarun.com recently posted..Childhood games

9 Army Amy* October 6, 2011 at 10:39 am

I actually just recently watched that commencement speech. So inspiring!*
Army Amy* recently posted..Bombarda!

10 Lizx October 6, 2011 at 11:06 am

I was so sad to hear of Steve Jobs’ passing ๐Ÿ™ It’s amazing to think about all the technology he’s been responsible for, and nearly impossible to think about life without some of that technology.

11 Joelle (On A Pink Typewriter) October 6, 2011 at 11:06 am

Those last couple of lines are my favorite.. his whole commencement speech, honestly, is one of the best speeches I have ever read (or watched- it’s on TED Talks).
Joelle (On A Pink Typewriter) recently posted..Bikram yoga & runner road rage

12 Katie @ Peace Love and Oats October 6, 2011 at 11:56 am

That sounds like a cool workout program. I might try that to mix things up!
Katie @ Peace Love and Oats recently posted..What I Ate Wednesday

13 Deva @ Deva by Definition October 6, 2011 at 12:06 pm

I didn’t learn of Steve Jobs’ passing until late last night. I was so sad – he was SUCH an inspirational figure.
Deva @ Deva by Definition recently posted..Socially Awkward

14 Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife October 6, 2011 at 12:09 pm

I LOVE that address. He was a visionary man who lived his life as best he could. We would do well to honor him by doing the same ๐Ÿ™‚ Let’s LIVE life instead of just letting it pass us by—and when we see him (and others) again we can tell (t)hi(e)m that we did our best and didn’t hold back our dreams!

Looks like that book is definitely a handy one to have for the gym! i LOVE lifting ๐Ÿ™‚
Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife recently posted..Get In The Zone + Thankful Thursday

15 mi-an d. October 6, 2011 at 12:43 pm

I still tear up when I see him on the news, read about him on blogs, what a great visionary. He will never be forgotten.

16 Rachel October 6, 2011 at 12:53 pm

It is so sad and shocking to see someone as relatively young as Steve Jobs go.
On a happier note, is that a snowflake bowl I see? It’s definitely time to break out the winter dishes!
Rachel recently posted..Rainy day

17 Emmy (Wine and Butter) October 6, 2011 at 1:04 pm

omg – that is SO inspirational!!! Its exactly what I needed to hear as Im trying to make my way out into the blogging world feeling a bit self concious about some stuff I’ve written! I LOVE the reminder!!!
I’ve also just discovered your blog and Im super looking forward to reading more!! xoxo
Emmy (Wine and Butter) recently posted..Coffee

18 Mary @ Bites and Bliss October 6, 2011 at 2:09 pm

Whoa, I had to look it up cause I couldn’t believe he had actually died. Whoa.
Mary @ Bites and Bliss recently posted..12 Wheatless Weeks: Banana Nut Muffins

19 Sophie October 7, 2011 at 2:44 am

It’s so sad, but I am enjoying reading all these Steve Jobs quotes – he was such an inspirational man.
Sophie recently posted..Thought For Friday