Bike Rides and Puppy Showers

by Meghann on October 5, 2011

What up.

IMG_4084.jpg

Anyone else get bored waiting at bank drive-thrus and take self portraits? Just me? #crazygirlwithacamera

The bank was a pit stop on my way to meet the wonderful Allison for our weekly Wednesday ride.

IMG_4087.jpg

Hi Allison!

I let her down twice last week with failing to meet for a ride (sorry Allison!!), so it was nice to FINALLY get together. We did a really quick 12 mile ride at an easy pace and mainly used the time to gossip and talk puppies (her husband and her are expecting a puppy soon and we thought it would be funny to throw a puppy shower with a big ‘It’s a Bitch!’ sign <- we’re very mature. obviously. πŸ˜‰ ).

It was my first real ride back on my bike (excluding the trainer) since Augusta. I really enjoy riding from a super casual standpoint and hope to work some cross training in this winter. Unfortunately the time change next month may interfere with mine and Allison’s Wednesday evening meet-ups (booooo to early nightfall!), hopefully we’ll get some good weekend rides in. πŸ™‚

Before I met Allison, I snacked on a graham cracker sandwich with almond butter and chopped dates.

Yum.

Dinner ended up being on the late side thanks to a slight miscommunication.

Derek and I were going to try a new restaurant in town, but it fell through. Instead I made a quick pasta dish (my man LOVES pasta) with roasted butternut squash, roasted onion, whole wheat pasta, marinara sauce, and shredded fresh mozzarella cheese.

I’m not the biggest pasta fan, so mine was heavy on the butternut squash and heavy on the cheese.

Maddie took care of most of the noodles. πŸ˜‰

I had two pieces of the Ghirardelli Dark Sea Salt Chocolate for dessert.

Felicity is calling my name!

I just started season 3 and can’t stop watching!!

Good Night!

1 Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife October 5, 2011 at 10:35 pm

I had some dark chocolate with caramel and sea salt today from TJ’s. SOOO good. It is seriously amazing.

I like your idea of a fast dinner–it looks yummy, healthy, and filling!

2 Cat @Breakfast to Bed October 5, 2011 at 10:37 pm

I would giggle uncontrollably at that sign. it’s a win.
Cat @Breakfast to Bed recently posted..Nuns With Guns.

3 Fit Chick Britt October 5, 2011 at 10:45 pm

That’s great your keeping up with the cycling. I tend to stop cycling all together whenever I’m not training for a triathlon. Then when I want to do another I have to pick it back up. No wonder I’m a slow cyclist!

4 Kristen October 5, 2011 at 10:46 pm

You are such an inspiration, I’m in the same boat right now (except with quite a bit more to loose) and seeing how you’ve changed your life is such a help to keep me going!

5 Casey @ Pocket Full of Sunshine October 5, 2011 at 10:58 pm

Your hair looks so pretty, Meghann!
Casey @ Pocket Full of Sunshine recently posted..Santa Monica and Temecula

6 Christina @ Just Running October 5, 2011 at 10:59 pm

“It’s a Bitch!”

Now that cracked me up. Thanks. πŸ™‚

7 kat October 5, 2011 at 11:02 pm

drive thru ATMs…wtf?! Is that for real?!!!!!!!

8 Meghann October 6, 2011 at 10:14 am
9 Molly October 5, 2011 at 11:35 pm

i definitely snap pics of myself while driving (for the blog/instagram) but I try to hide it from other drivers. haha
Molly recently posted..Tuesday turned terrible when…

10 Emily October 6, 2011 at 12:12 am

Ha, I got bored driving to work once and took some self-portraits. Probably wasn’t the smartest decision. But that’s how I roll.

11 Laura October 6, 2011 at 12:17 am

When we were searching for a friend for Leland, we kept talking about what kind of bitch he would like. So we’re equally as mature πŸ™‚
Laura recently posted..Hi, I’m impatient.

12 Christine @ BookishlyB October 6, 2011 at 12:56 am

I had totally forgotten about Felicity! Is it streamable?
Christine @ BookishlyB recently posted..Together We Can Make a Difference

13 Meghann October 6, 2011 at 10:21 am

Yes!!! I had forgotten to, so it’s fun to watch with new eyes.

14 Lee October 6, 2011 at 7:59 am

It’s a bitch! I love it. You need to do that for sure.
Lee recently posted..One More Long Run + WIAW

15 Amy October 6, 2011 at 8:03 am

I can’t believe you’re not a big pasta fan. It’s the food of the gods, man.

16 Katie @ Peace Love and Oats October 6, 2011 at 8:04 am

I cannot get that graham cracker sandwich out of my mind… will be re-created.
Katie @ Peace Love and Oats recently posted..What I Ate Wednesday

17 Hillary October 6, 2011 at 8:09 am

Butternut squash? Get in my belly.
Hillary recently posted..Squashed

18 Jessica @ Sushi and Sit-Ups October 6, 2011 at 8:38 am

Puppy shower definitely needs to happen. Your pasta looks so yummy!
Jessica @ Sushi and Sit-Ups recently posted..Signs of fall

19 Rodrigo Valenzuela October 6, 2011 at 8:42 am

On a holiday or whenever I am dressed up well, I take self portraits. The images uploaded here have let my mouth watering and what comes in my mind is pasta with lots of cheese in it. But my dietician has given me strict instructions of avoiding cheese stuff in my foods. I would be able to enjoy this after I lose a lot of weight. Enjoy the food!
Rodrigo Valenzuela recently posted..Seleccion de sitios web que dan muy buenos consejos para conquistar a un hombre

20 Heather @ Better With Veggies October 6, 2011 at 8:57 am

Yum – butternut squash is an underrated Fall veggie in my opinion. And by underrated, I mean that I haven’t cooked with it at all yet. Time to get that in a meal! πŸ™‚
Heather @ Better With Veggies recently posted..Veganize It! Hold the Tuna Sandwich {VeganMoFo}

21 Sophie October 6, 2011 at 9:27 am

Ha, the puppy shower would be cool!

I used to work in a pub, and once a woman came in and asked if she could book the garden for a birthday party (unconventional cos we had venue rooms but we let her go ahead anyway. – When she turned up on the day, the party turned out to be a birthday party for her dog!! Seriously, one of the most bizarre things I’ve ever seen!
Sophie recently posted..Content.

22 Meghann October 6, 2011 at 10:23 am

We threw a birthday party for Maddie when she turned 1. And when I took Abbie (my previous puppy) to doggie daycare (it was a bad roommate situation) she came home one time with a party favor bag full of party treats – it was one of the other dog’s birthdays and the mom had brought in party favors for all the dogs, plus doggie cake, plus games!

23 Cait's Plate October 6, 2011 at 9:39 am

Your hair is so long!!

24 Meghann October 6, 2011 at 10:24 am

It won’t be long for long – I almost have enough to donate!

25 Cait's Plate October 6, 2011 at 10:37 am

Ah yay! So exciting!! πŸ™‚
Cait’s Plate recently posted..Happy Happy Joy Joy!

26 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More October 6, 2011 at 9:55 am

I LOVE butternut squash! I saw a bunch at the Farmer’s Market yesterday and almost stopped but I was only on a quick break from work. Must.get.some.soon! Mmmmm!
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..Steve Jobs 1955-2011

27 Girly October 6, 2011 at 10:23 am

Wow a perfect way to eat something delicious and with more calories is to bur it before – like you did with the bike. I will do the same, although with jogging, perfect idea! Thus I can eat anything without thinking all the time about my weight. Thank you:)
Girly recently posted..I am tired of being the best friend…

28 Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun October 6, 2011 at 10:46 am

completed unrelated to the post – but I love your longer hair! So pretty. πŸ™‚
Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun recently posted..Stuffed With Emptiness: Pizza In The Car