Always Worth It

by Meghann on October 5, 2011

I’m going crazy. Lock me up in a padded cell and throw away the key.

Getting as much work done as possible before I have (very) limited access to my computer next week is making me go a little cuckoo. I just saved a couple of files in the wrong locations, mis-tweeted from a client’s account, and don’t even get my started on my email. The idea of going offline for a full 5 days as me on the edge of my seat. Yikes!

I used to have a co-worker who rarely took vacation because she swore preparing to go on them and recovering after them didn’t make them worth it. Though I 100% disagree, I can kind of see where she’s coming from. Though, no matter how stressed I get before or after, taking the time for a vacation is ALWAYS worth it. Always. πŸ˜‰

3 more days!!

I took the other half of last night’s rutabaga and turned it into fries for lunch today.

I baked the fries at 420 for about 20 minutes and served them with a chickpea/okra/corn mix that I heated up some ketchup and bbq sauce. I was sort of going for chili fries with a twist, but it didn’t really work out. Still tasted good.

πŸ™‚

Back to the busy work day I go!

1 kathleen @ the daily crumb October 5, 2011 at 3:54 pm

i know how you’re feeling, girl! we leave for a week in london in a few days with very limited access to internet. i’m going crazy!!
kathleen @ the daily crumb recently posted..from the pups.

2 Lindsey October 5, 2011 at 3:55 pm

Yes, they are always worth it! I don’t mind working extra hard the week before and after because that week off I completely out of work mode πŸ™‚
Lindsey recently posted..Winners & Donuts!

3 laura October 5, 2011 at 3:56 pm

my husband and i are taking a vacation to mexico in three weeks and i’m already starting to feel the stress! but i completely agree with you — vacations are always worth it, both in terms of stress over prep and cost! i think it’s especially important when you’re in a serious relationship. vacations together are an investment in your relationship as well as your own sanity! πŸ™‚
laura recently posted..chocolate chip pretzel cookies

4 Caitlin C. October 5, 2011 at 4:10 pm

That chickpea combo looks bomb! Ketchup and BBQ sauce, I never would’ve thought of it…thanksf or the idea πŸ™‚
Caitlin C. recently posted..Workout Wednesday

5 Meghann October 6, 2011 at 10:18 am

that’s the combination I use for my sloppy joes – ketchup, bbq sauce, and mustard. πŸ™‚

6 Joelle (On A Pink Typewriter) October 5, 2011 at 4:13 pm

They’re totally worth it! Everyone’s gotta get away and take a breather to refresh every now and then, I think.
Joelle (On A Pink Typewriter) recently posted..Bikram yoga for the win

7 Sophie October 5, 2011 at 4:31 pm

It’ll all be worth it next week! πŸ™‚
Sophie recently posted..Content.

8 Lisa (bakebikeblog) October 5, 2011 at 4:49 pm

best of luck! You will get it all done πŸ™‚
Lisa (bakebikeblog) recently posted..Vegetarian stroganoff

9 Christie October 5, 2011 at 5:22 pm

You’re so right, holidays are always worth it! You will have an amazing time, and no doubt come back refreshed and reengergised. Good luck getting everything done!
Christie recently posted..Spaghetti with salmon, peas and lemon.

10 Mahealani @ Beauty, Brains, and Balance October 5, 2011 at 8:59 pm

Good luck! You’ll get it all done I’m sure. πŸ˜›

11 Corey @ Learning Patience October 5, 2011 at 9:27 pm

relax….you will LOVE it…
xoxo from Trinidad
Corey @ Learning Patience recently posted..WIAW – Time To Study!