Monday Night Football

by Meghann on October 4, 2011

Are you ready for some football?!

Monday night football came to Tampa tonight and Derek was just lucky enough to score us some (free) tickets. It was one of those last minute ‘Oh, by the way honey, we’re going to see the Bucs play tomorrow night. Love you!’ He’s lucky I like football. πŸ˜‰

The game was late (8:30), so we made an easy dinner at home to avoid paying $10 for something we would regret later at the stadium.

Target pizza sale + coupon = $3.00 dinner for two. Sweet!

I pumped the pizza up a tad by adding some left over fish and shrimp before it went in the oven.

Instant semi-homemade seafood pizza. Easy peasy.

We each had half of the pizza with some sauteed kale, carrot, and apple.

Football time!

Good news: We won!! Yay!

Bad News: I have to be up in 6 hours. Boo.

Good Night

Whatever you do, do not watch this. <—owies

1 meghan October 4, 2011 at 12:39 am

Yay! Go Bucs!! My fiance was there, but my mom was still in town from my half this weekend, so I stayed home. πŸ™‚ Glad you had fun!
meghan recently posted..Wine and Dine Race Recap: Part 2: The Actual Race

2 Blanche October 4, 2011 at 12:46 am

Wow you are up late!! Haha. Love your seats and you guys had a great view. =) Sad that you have to get up so early but I would have done the same thing for free tickets to a pro game even though I’m not a Bucs fan (sorry).

3 Amy @ Amy Starts to Run October 4, 2011 at 1:13 am

Doesn’t the field look so much smaller in person? I went to a game this weekend and a blast. Hope that 6 hours of sleep leaves you rested!
Amy @ Amy Starts to Run recently posted..Easy Kale and Vegetarian Sausage Dinner

4 Jaclyn@thejaxoflife October 4, 2011 at 1:48 am

yum the pizza looks great! and such a good idea to throw your leftovers on it!

5 sana October 4, 2011 at 2:13 am

Sleep well!
sana recently posted..Day 3: Clouds

6 Sophie October 4, 2011 at 4:18 am

Aw, you guys look so cute in your matching shirts! great photos – looks like a great night πŸ™‚
Sophie recently posted..It’s Good To See Maisie Adapting To City Life!

7 michelle October 4, 2011 at 5:04 am

I have never been to a football game before. Looks like fun
michelle recently posted..Running in Germany

8 Dori October 4, 2011 at 6:08 am

I’m going to a Sunday night 8:30 pm game… in November… in NYC. So, slightly different, given I will freeze! But I plan to take the next day off work. So much fun. Glad you had a great night!
Dori recently posted..How My Shoes Changed My Running Life: No More Heel Striking

9 alison October 4, 2011 at 6:21 am

SO jealous! I’m glad you two had fun at the game.
Go Bucs!!
alison recently posted..The Verdict Is In

10 Nikki October 4, 2011 at 7:41 am

That pizza looks awesome! Glad you enjoyed the game!
Nikki recently posted..October Time!

11 Jessica @ Sushi and Sit-Ups October 4, 2011 at 8:01 am

You two look so cute in your matching jerseys! What a fun date night!
Jessica @ Sushi and Sit-Ups recently posted..Brian’s Restaurant

12 mary October 4, 2011 at 8:14 am

I was actually at the bar watching that game! I just looked at that video…. OUCH! I cringed when I saw it. *shudder*
mary recently posted..Fun Run

13 Meghann October 4, 2011 at 10:47 am

They showed a close up of his foot on the big screen after it happened and the entire stadium cringed

14 Ali @ Ali Runs October 4, 2011 at 8:21 am

I love going to NFL games!! What a great Monday night surprise! πŸ™‚
Ali @ Ali Runs recently posted..Ramon Rocha 5k Race Recap

15 Hope October 4, 2011 at 8:42 am

So awesome that you got free tickets to the game! It looks like a fun time and I like the picture of you and Derek! So cute that you match! πŸ™‚

I’ve only been to one Eagles game and it was preseason game so it doesn’t count. I want to experience a true NFL game. Hopefully one day πŸ˜‰
Hope recently posted..A Season To Look Forward To…

16 Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife October 4, 2011 at 8:54 am

FUN! I never understand football though…..but it looks like it was a great night out πŸ™‚
Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife recently posted..Waffle Recipe – Pumpkin Edition

17 kathleen @ the daily crumb October 4, 2011 at 9:26 am

how fun!! yikes, though, 8:30 is such a late start for a game!! way past my bedtime πŸ™‚
kathleen @ the daily crumb recently posted..spinach, artichoke + goat cheese strata

18 breakingsilence @ Freshman -15 October 4, 2011 at 9:51 am

So fun!! You’re rockin’ the Josh Freeman jersey – NICE!
breakingsilence @ Freshman -15 recently posted..This week’s workout playlist

19 Faith @ For the Health of It October 4, 2011 at 9:54 am

That was the best game EVER! It kept me up way past my bedtime too, haha
Faith @ For the Health of It recently posted..Fresh Legs and the Winner’s High

20 Theresa @ActiveEggplant.com October 4, 2011 at 10:20 am

So jealous you were there! Definitely a great game – although I’ll admit I had to go to bed before the 4th quarter started…I just couldn’t keep my eyes open any longer!

(And I’m a glutton for punishment – I watched the video! I was in the kitchen when he got injured and missed it the first time around. Glad to hear this morning that it was “just” a dislocation though – maybe it’s not career ending?)

Go Bucs!
Theresa @ActiveEggplant.com recently posted..Brick by Brick

21 Meghann October 4, 2011 at 10:51 am

I hadn’t heard – they really said it was ‘just a dislocation’? We saw his foot post-injury on the big screen and it was facing the completely opposite direction that it should have been. Could have sworn he at lease broke it!

22 Theresa @ActiveEggplant.com October 4, 2011 at 11:40 am

I was surprised too – I read that he’ll still have surgery on his, but that it’s likely only “season ending” and not career ending.
Theresa @ActiveEggplant.com recently posted..Brick by Brick

23 Amanda October 4, 2011 at 10:38 am

ahhh I’m so jealous! I’m really into the the Bucs BUT I live in Illinois so that would be hard! Glad you had fun! Love that picture of the team running out and the fire, so cool!

24 Cait's Plate October 4, 2011 at 11:06 am

Ah! What a fun night πŸ™‚ I just went back to my alma mater for a football game and it made me realize that I really need to go see more (college and pro!) – I really love watching football, I think it’s one of the best sports to watch. And there’s just something about football that screams “Fall” to me so I think that’s half my reasoning for liking it πŸ˜‰

I think this all the time but I don’t think I’ve ever said it – you’re like Sandra Lee with your creativity in the kitchen. I love it!
Cait’s Plate recently posted..Relieve the Stress

25 Meghann October 4, 2011 at 11:45 am

Sandra Lee? I’ll take that as a compliment πŸ™‚ Thanks!

26 Cait's Plate October 4, 2011 at 3:11 pm

It’s definitely a compliment!! I mean in terms of your creativity though (not her craziness! haha)
Cait’s Plate recently posted..Relieve the Stress

27 Sue October 4, 2011 at 11:33 am

Of course you know we were watching at our house. However the real Bucs fan in our house only got to stay up till half time. My tummy gets squeemish watching the video of the injury. Pizza looks good!

28 allison @ thesundayflog October 4, 2011 at 1:51 pm

awhhhhh this makes me miss tampa! (and excited to go in 2 weeks!)
allison @ thesundayflog recently posted..Sunday Dinner: Mom’s Edition

29 Michele October 4, 2011 at 3:29 pm

Good game, sad your Bucs beat my Colts…but they don’t FEEL like my Colts without Manning.

We watched on TV – I must say that injury about made me PUKE…poor guy; I need to research an update on him!!

30 Meghann October 4, 2011 at 4:15 pm

I’m still trying to find the image of his foot completely twisted around that they showed on the big screen as he was lying on the ground. Now, that was not pretty.

31 Raffi Darrow October 4, 2011 at 7:43 pm

and thank you Bucs for donating a section of seats to http://www.myhopechest.org for PINK Mon Night Football!!
Raffi Darrow recently posted..2012 Florida Keys Ragnar Relay