Hello October!

by Meghann on October 1, 2011

Why, hello October! I’m so glad you could join us! Thanks for bringing the coolers temps and low humidity with you – YOU ROCK!

The weather today has been absolutely amazing. I almost forgot what it feels like to walk outside and not have your shirt instantly stick to your sweaty skin or to have your hair poof two inches in a matter of minutes. It feels pretty good. πŸ™‚

Derek and I took full advantage of the beautiful weather by taking Maddie for a nice long walk around a local park.

IMG_4333.jpg

Here’s a question for ya – When’s the last time you did monkey bars?

IMG_4337.jpg IMG_4338.jpg IMG_4341.jpg

I saw a set on our walk and thought “oh, fun! I haven’t done those in ages!”

IMG_4342.jpg IMG_4343.jpg IMG_4344.jpg

Turns out there’s a reason its been ages. Ouch. My arms are going to hate me in the morning.

On another note, I now want my own set for the backyard. Ten weeks of daily practice and I’ll have (less scary) Madonna arms in no time. Sign me up! πŸ™‚

From the park, we dines al fresco with Maddie at Burrito Boarder.

Derek had a craving for a burrito and I had a coupon. Win. Win.

I ordered the salad bowl with the baja fish (which was extra flavorful), corn salsa, cheese, cilantro, and chips.

The fish was surprisingly the best part about the salad. It was heavily coated in taco seasoning and perfectly cooked. I think it’s the best fish I’ve ever had from a burrito place.

We took Maddie to a dog store and walked around bit before heading home.

I enjoyed some left over fruit salad, vanilla yogurt, and Uncle Sam’s cereal as a late afternoon snack.

Dinner was a very un-photogenic bowl of 15 Bean Soup. I made it from a bean mix and had approximately 5 minutes to eat it before we were on our way out the door for our movie.

It was still good. πŸ™‚

The movie we were late for? Moneyball

My thoughts? Eh. It was ok. Even Derek (the baseball fanatic) thought it was weak. He was biting his tongue over all the factual errors the whole movie. I was biting my tongue over all the dip. Gag.

I snuck one of my friend Val’s pumpkin cupcakes in for dessert.

It distracted me from the chewing and spitting.

Cupcakes are good at that. πŸ˜‰

Its been a long day and I’m ready for bed.

Good Night!

1 Krissy - Shiawase Life October 1, 2011 at 11:08 pm

We were thinking about watching that movie, but last min our friends weren’t able to go out…glad we didn’t miss much πŸ˜‰

I love coupons! That meal looked delish!!
Krissy – Shiawase Life recently posted..Happy October!

2 Sara @ RunnerWife October 1, 2011 at 11:10 pm

I love fall so much! It is only a high of 48 around here which is a little too cold too quick for me, but it feels amazing! We saw Moneyball and we actually liked it. Of course, I know very little about baseball but it was entertaining!
Sara @ RunnerWife recently posted..Lazy Saturday

3 Sana October 1, 2011 at 11:29 pm

I am usually not a fan of movies, they always disappoint me!
Sana recently posted..30 Day Photography Challenge Day1: Self –portrait

4 Caroline October 2, 2011 at 4:26 am

I love fall, and today’s post was dedicated specifically to the month of October! This weekend I played a dance game on a friend’s Wii, and I’m definitely feeling it today. Agh- I feel out of shape.
Caroline recently posted..What I’m Loving About October

5 Caitlin October 2, 2011 at 8:10 am

I saw moneyball too I wasn’t entirely pleased with it. But brad was good to look at πŸ˜‰
Caitlin recently posted..Gym de Titus

6 Lee October 2, 2011 at 8:38 am

Monkey bars are freaking hard! How did we do them so easily as kids?
Lee recently posted..Juicin’

7 Meghann October 2, 2011 at 11:52 am

Because we didn’t have to bend our legs! That’s what increases the weight!

8 kathleen @ the daily crumb October 2, 2011 at 9:03 am

very interesting movie review — i heard from another friend moneyball was fantastic! will have to see it for myself i guess.

jealous of all of your dog friendly dining options!
kathleen @ the daily crumb recently posted..puppy vs. garmin.

9 Heather @ Better With Veggies October 2, 2011 at 9:05 am

I love the braids – so cute! πŸ™‚ I remember trying monkey bars again a few years ago and totally agree – when were my arms buff enough to do that?! πŸ™‚
Heather @ Better With Veggies recently posted..Happy Vegetarian Day & Giveaway! {VeganMoFo}

10 mary October 2, 2011 at 9:25 am

Your hair is getting SO long! I love it! πŸ™‚
mary recently posted..October Goals

11 Meghann October 2, 2011 at 11:53 am

I’m soooo close to having enough to cut it and donate! πŸ™‚

12 Army Amy* October 2, 2011 at 9:35 am

I’m with you, dip is nasty! I don’t get the appeal at all!*
Army Amy* recently posted..Tyler Rose: 8 Mile Training Run

13 Ali @ Ali Runs October 2, 2011 at 10:30 am

I love your hair like that! I tried to do monkey bars recently and it was WAY harder than I remembered!
Ali @ Ali Runs recently posted..Ramon Rocha 5k Race Recap

14 Paula @ Eat: Watch: Run October 2, 2011 at 10:38 am

Amen on the weather! Let’s see who we can talk to to keep this around. P.S. The braids are really workin’ for you. Super cute!

15 Meghann October 2, 2011 at 11:53 am

Thanks Paula πŸ™‚

16 Jessica @ Sushi and Sit-Ups October 2, 2011 at 12:38 pm

Our pup gets super spry once the cooler weather starts hitting. He can walk for miles longer than in the summer!
Jessica @ Sushi and Sit-Ups recently posted..Lime

17 Whitney October 2, 2011 at 1:33 pm

Great pictures of you and Maddie! πŸ™‚
Whitney recently posted..Potatoes, Eggs, or Coffee?

18 Ashley October 2, 2011 at 2:02 pm

I was at the park with my daughter and there are a set of monkey bars, or a row of rings, I can’t remember right now. I was like oh sweet, want to see mommy do it? and I couldn’t. Not really sure why, I think they were rings, so they were moving a bit. But I felt like a total fool πŸ™‚
Ashley recently posted..eighteen months

19 Alaina October 2, 2011 at 5:56 pm

I lurve October! The cool weather and the crisp air is the best. If I could find a place where it was that weather all year round, I would be in heaven. πŸ™‚