Breakfast Is My Happy Hour

by Meghann on October 1, 2011

Well, breakfast is one of my happy hours. πŸ˜‰

What is a happy hour anyways? In college it meant great discounts on drinks (hello three for one drafts at the cheap bar around the corner!) and – granted – it still means that (two for one margaritas all day, everyday at Chilis!), but it also means spending time with good friends eating good food.

So, today, breakfast was my happy hour – complete with good friends and good food (the mimosas didn’t hurt either ;)).

Maddie prefers the happy hours she can participate in. πŸ˜‰

A part of my brand ambassadorship with Attune this month was to host an Attune themed breakfast with friends, which was a little harder than it seems. Finding a weekend and time that works well for a group of busy girls is hard! We started with ten, went down to 5, and missed everyone that couldn’t make it!

The spread ended up being a good mix of everything – Uncle Sam Cereals, yogurt, pumpkin bread, fresh fruit, attune bars, Erewhon Cocoa Crispies crusted french toast, mimosas, and more!

The fall themed breakfast was perfect for the cool morning. I woke up pleased to feel that fall had finally made its way to Tampa. πŸ™‚

IMG_4290.JPG IMG_4292.JPG IMG_4293.JPG IMG_4294.JPG

In true girl fashion, we spent an hour chatting before eventually demolishing the spread.

My plate at a bit of everything. The french toast ended up being a huge hit (score!!) and I think Uncle Sam’s Cereal found a few new fans.

We finished the party with more chatting, more discovering of how small of a world it is, and the promise of a pumpkin beer tasting (soon!!).

Thank you, Attune for hosting our happy hour this morning.

Maddie sends her thanks too.

She enjoyed her special breakfast of plain yogurt covered dog food and just about as many treats as 5 girls can sneak her.

What’s your favorite happy hour? (thinking outside the box of course!)

1 wymberley October 1, 2011 at 12:49 pm

Crusted french toast? Im wondering how you did it without getting soggy. it all looked very tasty!
wymberley recently posted..Compiling a Playlist for A Half Marathon

2 Meghann October 1, 2011 at 5:12 pm

The trick is to start it on high to form the crust, then turn it on low and put the lid on to cook the center.

3 J3nn (Jenn's Menu and Lifestyle Blog) October 1, 2011 at 12:52 pm

That looks like a yummy breakfast spread!
J3nn (Jenn’s Menu and Lifestyle Blog) recently posted..It’s That Sort of Day

4 Carrie@shrinkingcarrie October 1, 2011 at 12:53 pm

I LOVE BREAKFAST! We have breakfast for dinner at least once a week, and that french toast looks to DIE for!
Carrie@shrinkingcarrie recently posted..October is Here!

5 Army Amy* October 1, 2011 at 1:01 pm

I love a good mimosa!*
Army Amy* recently posted..Homecoming

6 mary October 1, 2011 at 1:03 pm

2 for 1 at chilis made my night every time we went there!
Looks like you had good food and good friends πŸ™‚
mary recently posted..October Goals

7 Ashley@MyFoodNFitnessDiaries October 1, 2011 at 1:40 pm

That crusted french toast looks fantastic! Yum.

My favorite Happy Hour definitely has to be the breakfast hour too – I love me some coffee, ALL breakfast foods, and a fresh start to the day! πŸ™‚
Ashley@MyFoodNFitnessDiaries recently posted..My Favorite Month

8 Patrice @ Moment To Memory October 1, 2011 at 1:49 pm

Ohh yumm…your breakfast looks amazing! Breakfast is definitely my happy hour. I always dream of all the possibilities I can make for breakfast the night before (even if I usually do end up sticking to oatmeal and a banana on most days!)
Patrice @ Moment To Memory recently posted..College Kid Can Cook Is Back!

9 Sana October 1, 2011 at 2:18 pm

πŸ™‚ What a fun breakfast party!
Sana recently posted..Half-Birthday Fun!

10 Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife October 1, 2011 at 2:18 pm

My favorite “happy hour” is the evening hour(s) with my husband—when we unwind, chat, and ya know, just relax and have fun after a busy day!

Looks like it was a fabulous morning and delish b-fast!
Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife recently posted..Focus On: Chest Press

11 Callie @ The Wannabe Athlete October 1, 2011 at 2:26 pm

I’m so bummed Patrick and I couldn’t be there this morning. I’m even more bummed now that I see Megan was there! We met exactly one year ago this weekend – she was one of the very first people to hear about my pregnancy! πŸ™‚
Callie @ The Wannabe Athlete recently posted..What Are You Waiting For?

12 Meghann October 1, 2011 at 5:20 pm

We were sad you weren’t there too! I guess that just means we’ll have to do it again!

13 kathleen @ the daily crumb October 1, 2011 at 2:36 pm

how fun! that french toast sounds delicious, and you can’t go wrong with mimosas on a saturday morning πŸ™‚
kathleen @ the daily crumb recently posted..october goals.

14 Emily@SavoryandSavage October 1, 2011 at 2:57 pm

That looked like a fun breakfast. The french toast did look amazing!
Emily@SavoryandSavage recently posted..Omurice

15 Ashley October 1, 2011 at 3:10 pm

My favorite happy hour is enjoying a beer (or two!) with my husband in the evening while dinner is cooking. Bonus points if we enjoy those beers outside on the patio!
Ashley recently posted..Whole Foods Upgrade

16 Deva @ Deva by Definition October 1, 2011 at 3:12 pm

ooh, that french toast looks divine! I am imagining how it would taste with a cup of milk, powdered sugar, and whipped cream.

My favorite happy hour is dinner time! It is when The Boy and I catch up on the day’s events!
Deva @ Deva by Definition recently posted..Dentist + Date Night

17 Allison October 1, 2011 at 4:09 pm

I’m sorry I couldn’t make it but I want in on the Pumpkin Beer tasting!!

18 Meghann October 1, 2011 at 5:21 pm

YES!!!! We have to do one ASAP! I have quite a pumpkin beer collection going on right now πŸ™‚

19 SaraRM October 1, 2011 at 4:42 pm

I enjoyed the exact same makings of mimosas today after my 10mile run today. Yum!!!

20 Brittany October 1, 2011 at 4:57 pm

That definitely sounds like my kind of happy hour! I love hosting little get together’s with friends a family. Sounds like you all had a great time! I’m not feeling the fall weather yet here in West Palm Beach =/ Maybe tonight it will be cooler!

21 Brittany @ Itty Bits of Balance October 1, 2011 at 5:17 pm

Cocoa crisp crusted french toast!? That sounds phenomenal!
Brittany @ Itty Bits of Balance recently posted..Smoothie In a Bowl & September Favorites

22 Alaina October 1, 2011 at 5:21 pm

Breakfast is my absolute favorite! That french toast looks so good!

In MA, happy hour with alcohol was banned in 1984 (figures it would be the year I was born! haha) but I do like happy hour with appetizers. It becomes a great, cheap meal.
Alaina recently posted..We Now Return…

23 Meghann October 1, 2011 at 5:31 pm

Really?! Did not know that!

24 Sophie October 1, 2011 at 6:16 pm

No need to think outside the box – I am all about the cocktails!
Sophie recently posted..Friday Thoughts.

25 Lee October 1, 2011 at 7:58 pm

In Georgia, they aren’t allowed to discount alcohol so there are no happy hours at bars and restaurants. Boo.
Lee recently posted..Juicin’

26 Joelle (On A Pink Typewriter) October 1, 2011 at 9:30 pm

Hahha that is awesome- breakfast is mine too! Or more specifically, pancake time = my happy hour. πŸ˜‰
Joelle (On A Pink Typewriter) recently posted..How to assemble a care package

27 Nicole October 1, 2011 at 11:47 pm

That is awesome. A breakfast happy hour some amazing! πŸ™‚
Maddie looks so happy!
Nicole recently posted..Ali’s Birthday Part Deux

28 BroccoliHut October 1, 2011 at 11:48 pm

Hm I don’t think I’ve ever given yogurt to Margot–I bet she would like it!
PS Does Maddie have a Halloween costume picked out yet?
BroccoliHut recently posted..Oprah Knows Her Pumpkin

29 Meghann October 2, 2011 at 11:51 am

We tried a few on her today, but didn’t see anything worth buying. There’s a Halloween party at a local doggie store that I’m going to take her to later this week. Do you have anything for Margot yet?

30 BroccoliHut October 2, 2011 at 12:06 pm

I don’t have anything picked out yet–I just briefly checked out the costumes at Target. I liked the bumble bee and hot dog costumes πŸ™‚
BroccoliHut recently posted..Oprah Knows Her Pumpkin

31 Cait's Plate October 2, 2011 at 8:27 am

I would DEFINITELY say breakfast was my version of happy hour. Love this idea.
Cait’s Plate recently posted..It’s In the Details

32 Val October 2, 2011 at 10:50 am

Had fun at breakfast!! Thanks for having us over!

33 Hillary October 2, 2011 at 7:18 pm

There’s a happy hour here in Baltimore that serves cupcakes and shots of frosting. Yup. Really.
Hillary recently posted..Outside the Box

34 Alyssa October 2, 2011 at 11:20 pm

Thank you for such a yummy breakfast! It’s definitely a small world. We will have to get together again soon πŸ™‚

35 Megan October 3, 2011 at 9:19 am

Thanks for having me over for brunch, it was fun!!!

36 Kristin @ FoodFash October 11, 2011 at 8:48 pm

Glad you girls had a good time πŸ™‚ Hope I’m in town for the next one!!!
Kristin @ FoodFash recently posted..Day Done Right