Ten Things I’m Looking Forward to in October

by Meghann on September 30, 2011

Not sure what you want for lunch?

Take left overs. Throw on bread. Add cheese. Done.

Never fails for me. πŸ™‚

Add pear slices for good measure. πŸ˜‰

Good-Bye September!

Hello October!

Ten Things I’m Looking Forward to in October

#1 More Pumpkin Goodies

Specifically Jeremiah’s Pumpkin Ice

Oh, how I heart it. They tease me every year by not releasing it until October and I’m usually the first one in line after I hear it’s available. Expect a drive to Orlando very soon, solely for the purpose of Jeremiah’s Pumpkin Ice. πŸ˜‰

I also plan to bake up a pumpkin themed storm this month. Pumpkin Beer Bread? Don’t mind if I do. πŸ˜‰

#2 Re-Opening of the Saturday Morning Market in St. Petersburg!

The farmer’s market closes in the summer and returns October 1st! I can’t wait to get down there and ogle at all the goodies I’ve been missing out on the last couple of months!

#3 Cooler Weather

Screen shot 2011-09-30 at 12.43.39 PM.png

Already we’re starting out on the right foot with highs only in the mid-80s this weekend! I’m crossing my fingers the temps drops to the high 70s and stay there permanently all month. πŸ˜‰

#4 Epcot Food and Wine Festival

There’s still no guarantee I’ll be attending this year, but I had such a blast the last couple of years – I’m crossing my fingers it works out! Any friends with an annual Disney pass want to check it out with me?! πŸ˜‰

Also, GOOD LUCK to all the Disney Wine and Dine Half Marathon runners tomorrow!!!! It’s such a fun race and I’m really sad I’m not out there volunteering again this year. When you pass the relay exchange point and hear someone shouting “relay racers on the right, half marathoners on the left” please think of me!

#5 Marathon Training

It. Is. On. I’m especially looking forward to a long run with a special friend in a couple of weeks. eeekk!!!

#6 Halloween

Maddie’s favorite holiday. Obviously. πŸ˜‰

I still have no specific plans, but I really want to dress up and have fun!

Any good costume ideas?

#7 Pumpkin Carving

Goal for this year: Think outside the box πŸ™‚

#8 Halloween Horror Nights

Again, not sure I’ll be able to make it this year, but it’s a fun pastime.

#9 VACATION

DSCN2017.JPG

Derek and I have been lusting after a just-the-two-of-us vacation for a while now. We wanted something cheap and easy (that’s what she said), so we held off and booked a 5 day cruise for the second week of October. A post-Healthy Living Summit and HIM vacation is so needed right now. I can’t wait to sit back and relax by the ship’s pool with a margarita in my hand.

#10 Watching the Leaves Change

Ok, ok we really don’t get that in Florida. We also don’t have apple orchards, real pumpkin patches, or ‘flannel weather.’ Sniff. Sniff.

Truth is I’ve never been to an apple orchard or had an apple cider donut or picked a pumpkin from a real pumpkin patch (not just a field with pumpkins trucked in), but this year I’m hoping that will change. My parents’ invited me on their fall trip to Tennessee at the end of October and I excitedly said yes! I can’t wait to experience ‘real fall’ even if it’s just for a weekend. πŸ™‚

What are you looking forward to in October?

1 Mary @ food and fun on the run September 30, 2011 at 2:12 pm

I am so excited for the Jeremiah’s Pumpkin Ice Gelato! Its like pumpkin pie in a cup!!! I went to UCF and totally miss Jeremiah’s!
Mary @ food and fun on the run recently posted..6 Reasons Why Morning Running Rocks

2 Ali @ Ali Runs September 30, 2011 at 2:15 pm

Fall is by far my favorite time of year! It is so beautiful in NY with the cooler weather. Sounds like you’ll get to experience all of that in Tennessee!
Ali @ Ali Runs recently posted..My name is Ali and I am a horrible decision maker.

3 wymberley September 30, 2011 at 2:15 pm

Ditto with warm weather winter. I miss Colorado fall!
BUT you can’t beat winter in the south.
wymberley recently posted..Mumford and Sons: Add The Whole Album To Your Playlist

4 Samantha @ Bikini Birthday September 30, 2011 at 2:19 pm

LOL that’s so funny that you haven’t experienced a ‘real fall’. I’m not sure what fall is like in Tennessee, but if it’s anything like here then you’ll LOVE it.

5 Cait's Plate September 30, 2011 at 2:30 pm

LOVED this post! You just made me so excited for October!! I can’t wait to do all those things (minus the marathon training). We’re going apple picking this weekend and I’m SO excited.

PS – your lunch was exactly what my boyfriend did for dinner last night! Haha
Cait’s Plate recently posted..Where Are You 5PM?

6 Lisa Fine September 30, 2011 at 2:35 pm

I love reading you Florida bloggers’ love of autumn. Having lived my whole life in the northeast, I’m way too spoiled, always able to pick apples and eat cider donuts and admire the color.

So glad you’ll be able to experience some of it in Tennessee!
Lisa Fine recently posted..Weekend Reading

7 Casey @ Pocket Full of Sunshine September 30, 2011 at 2:36 pm

Aw, you will have so much fun on your cruise and in Tennessee, Meghann! Tennessee is beautiful!

I’m looking forward to pumpkins and apple picking and all that jazz, too. πŸ™‚ And going home for a visit in less than a week! πŸ™‚
Casey @ Pocket Full of Sunshine recently posted..Five on Friday

8 Jen September 30, 2011 at 2:41 pm

I’m obsessed with fall, too! I’ve already checked off the cider donut and apple picking this season (that’s what upstate NY is for — apple orchards galore!) but I’ve yet to go get my pumpkin!
Jen recently posted..Packing for a Half Marathon

9 Lindsey September 30, 2011 at 2:42 pm

More pumpkin of course, and Halloween! I love carving pumpkins and handing out candy to the kids πŸ™‚
Lindsey recently posted..Giveaway:NuNaturals!

10 Deva @ Deva by Definition September 30, 2011 at 2:51 pm

I am looking forward to pumpkin carving with mah boy, pumpkin fudge, apple cider, apple butter, more pumpkin lattes…

there’s a lot I love about October.
Deva @ Deva by Definition recently posted..An Early Start

11 Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat September 30, 2011 at 2:56 pm

Me too me too on the pumpkin! The pumpkin cooking extravaganza has already started in my house, and carving isn’t too far away either! That’s so great that you and Derek are getting to go on a cruise. Well deserved! I’m looking forward to seeing my family at Thanksgiving (the Canadian holiday), going to San Francisco (and TJ’s!!!) for the first time, and, fingers crossed, apple picking!
Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat recently posted..Fit Bit Friday 13

12 Angela @ My Pinky Toes September 30, 2011 at 2:56 pm

This October I am looking forward to my new half marathon training, and to hopefully spend more time designing!
Angela @ My Pinky Toes recently posted..β€œIt’s How You Take That Middle Ground and Run With It”

13 Paula @ Eat: Watch: Run September 30, 2011 at 2:56 pm

Um. YES YES YES! to Jeremiah’s pumpkin italian ice. That stuff is soooo amazing. I get sad every year when it’s gone.

I mean, sure the coconut/chocolate and the cookies n creme/vanilla combos help dry my tears…but it’s not the same.

14 Meghann September 30, 2011 at 2:57 pm

I still want to try their new coffee flavor. I think Jeremiah’s may be the biggest thing I miss about Orlando πŸ™‚

15 Samantha September 30, 2011 at 3:06 pm

Hey! Just a head’s up: it’s “ogle” (pronounced like goggle), not “oogle”, and “pastime”, not “past time”.

16 Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife September 30, 2011 at 3:25 pm

mmmmm that pumpkin fro yo/gelato/ice cream thing sounds amazing!

This October I am excited about many, many things…..most have to do with pumpkin(s)! πŸ™‚
Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife recently posted..Health Heroes

17 Army Amy* September 30, 2011 at 3:30 pm

Maddie looks so presh in her costume! I wish my dog liked wearing clothes!*
Army Amy* recently posted..Pledge

18 erica September 30, 2011 at 3:30 pm

OMG! how adorable is maddie in her costume?!?!
she’s so sweet.

i loooove halloween. can’t wait!

19 Andrea @ Run, Eat, Date, Sleep September 30, 2011 at 3:35 pm

I have an annual pass, and I’d love to go with you to Food & Wine.

I’m running the half tomorrow! Yay!
πŸ™‚
Andrea @ Run, Eat, Date, Sleep recently posted..Week Three of Marathon Training

20 Meghann September 30, 2011 at 3:39 pm

Andrea – send me an email!!

21 eth @ 990 Square September 30, 2011 at 5:28 pm

We’re wine-ing and dine-ing the last weekend in October (Thursday 27th to Monday 31st) if anyone wants to meet up!

22 Britt @ Run with Britt September 30, 2011 at 3:36 pm

I can’t wait for the cooler weather! We had our second real cold front come in last night and it’s perfect outside! I love 88 degree weather. I can’t wait to get my hands on a pumpkin spice latte! Starbucks better watch it’s back Sunday morning after church. πŸ˜‰
Britt @ Run with Britt recently posted..Coconut Lime Tofu Nuggets

23 Meredith September 30, 2011 at 3:40 pm

i miss the st. pete saturday morning market! please eat one of those delicious knishes for me! πŸ™‚

24 kathleen @ the daily crumb September 30, 2011 at 3:58 pm

i’m excited for a trip to london mid-october and HALLOWEEN! it is our first halloween in a house and our neighborhood gets a bajillion trick-or-treaters. can’t wait to see their cute little costumes πŸ™‚
kathleen @ the daily crumb recently posted..a morning with the dogs.

25 Jessica September 30, 2011 at 4:04 pm

You just made me miss Orlando SO MUCH! ARGH. I’m so sad I’m missing food and wine festival now. BOOOO.

PS. We live 10 mins from a huge apple orchard.. you’ll just have to come visit mein STL!!! πŸ™‚
Jessica recently posted..Wedding Bands

26 KatieG. @ Just Roll With It September 30, 2011 at 4:10 pm

Pumpkin beer bread! Oh yes! I have all of the ingredients at home waiting for me to make this! Thanks for the idea!
I love fall! And pumpkin. And apples….and the list goes on…ha
KatieG. @ Just Roll With It recently posted..Quinoa Stuffed Peppers

27 Laura September 30, 2011 at 5:03 pm

OMG that picture of Maddie officially made my day. I’m bummed that I’ll be out of town for Halloween (MCM!) because I think my 2 dogs need matching costumes.
Laura recently posted..Dear IAAF

28 Hilary September 30, 2011 at 5:15 pm

Let’s open a jeremiahs chain in tampa!

29 Sophie September 30, 2011 at 5:27 pm

Looks like an exciting month for you! Have a great weekend Meghann πŸ™‚
Sophie recently posted..Friday Thoughts.

30 Kelly September 30, 2011 at 5:40 pm

That pumpkin ice looks oh.so.good! I am looking forward to the leaves changing & drinking lots of chai tea!
Kelly recently posted..Embrace October!

31 Kim September 30, 2011 at 5:47 pm

awww Maddy melts my heart!
Have a wonderful time on your cruise!! πŸ™‚ Sounds just awesome…

32 Jess@atasteofconfidence September 30, 2011 at 6:25 pm

Pumpkin ice? Looks delicious.
Even though the snow stinks sometimes up here, I don’t think I could live without apple orchards and leaves changing!
Jess@atasteofconfidence recently posted..Friday Fives

33 Callie @ The Wannabe Athlete September 30, 2011 at 6:59 pm

The Mini Athlete and I are looking forward to going to the Saturday Morning Market with you again this year! πŸ™‚
Callie @ The Wannabe Athlete recently posted..Hips Don’t Lie

34 Meghann October 1, 2011 at 5:03 pm

Can’t wait πŸ™‚

35 Cat Melnyk September 30, 2011 at 8:08 pm

Ok woman. You gotta stop posting things I feel the need to respond to, I look like a stalker!! A few things: we live 3 minutes from Jeremiahs eek. I will gladly be your date for F&W and may be able to get you in as well (Auntie’s the event coordinator for Epcot, shhh). I wanna be able to run a Marathon sigh.
Cat Melnyk recently posted..Veggiesaurus

36 Meghann October 1, 2011 at 5:05 pm

When do you wanna go to F&W! Let me know what day works and I’ll be there!!! Bring Jeremiahs and I may love you forever.

37 Lauren September 30, 2011 at 9:08 pm

So jealous that your Farmer’s Market is just now beginning. Ours usually dies down in October and closes shortly after. πŸ™
Lauren recently posted..Daily Dose: What Vitamins and Supplements I Take

38 Kiah September 30, 2011 at 10:19 pm

I’d have to say I’m looking forward to pumpkin, pumpkin annnnd…pumpkin? Yup, and more pumpkin.
Kiah recently posted..how it came to be, part two

39 Liz October 1, 2011 at 12:55 am

Those all sound fun – especially the cruise & fall trip to Tennessee! I live in Ohio, so I always get to experience the traditional fall stuff – apples, pumpkins, leaves, cold/damp weather… I actually wouldn’t mind living somewhere that DOESN’T have that! πŸ™‚ I LOVE fall, but don’t look forward to the winter that follows closely behind it. I’m mostly looking forward to all things pumpkin, a trip to Amish country in the Berlin, OH area & taking pretty pictures of the changing leaves.

40 Chuck October 1, 2011 at 2:25 am

2 things- I’m doing the half marathon tomorrow so let me know where you’ll be!

Second, what marathon are you doing? I’m trying to find a December one!
Chuck recently posted..Welcome to Augusta

41 Chuck October 1, 2011 at 2:30 am

Oh. I’m a goof- you “won’t” be out there tomorrow lol
Chuck recently posted..Welcome to Augusta

42 Meghann October 1, 2011 at 5:10 pm

I’m doing Savannah in November! and I won’t be there – I wish I was! Good luck!

43 Amanda October 1, 2011 at 10:26 am

I am drooling over the pumpkin ice! I must find someplace around here that has that flavor! I am looking forward to fresh apple cider which I can get around here (in Illinois). I am also really looking forward to running the Indianapolis Marathon in 2 weeks. We run through a forest preserve that is supposed to be at the peak of the fall colors!

44 Amber October 1, 2011 at 10:32 am

I will be in Tennessee at the end of October also. I can’t wait to see what their fall is like. I love the cooler temps and the ability to run outside right after work instead of having to wait until evening to get it done!

45 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More October 1, 2011 at 11:59 am

I’m so excited that you may get to experience real fall! Fall is my favorite season and I don’t get it anymore after having moved to LA. Maybe I need to take a trip to enjoy it too… πŸ˜‰
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..A morning that feels like fall…

46 Alaina October 1, 2011 at 6:16 pm

October is my favorite!!!! I have a lot of birthdays to celebrate, including both my parents, and my wedding anniversary. πŸ™‚ I love the cool, crisp air and the fashions of the fall. It’s my favorite time of year!
Alaina recently posted..We Now Return…

47 meghan October 2, 2011 at 8:59 pm

I ran my first half marathon at the Wine and Dine yesterday!! When I was running by the transition I did think of you in my head. I thought I had remembered you mentioning you being at that spot when I read your recap of that race. I love love loved it this year. And it’s making me want to volunteer for the big Marathon in January…I’m just worried about getting over there super early.

You’ve got a lot you’re looking forward to this fall! I can’t wait to cooler weather, boots being back to normal wear in Florida, fall and holiday scented candles, and Christmas shopping.
meghan recently posted..IT List

48 Meghann October 2, 2011 at 9:19 pm

That’s the spot where I was last year! πŸ™‚ You should totally volunteer in January! It’s not bad if you pick a volunteer spot that doesn’t have you there terribly early, plus you get a free park ticket out of it.

49 Megan @ Who Me, Run? October 3, 2011 at 11:31 am

I have an “annual pass”! As long as I’m not working the festival, I’d love to join you at the Food and Wine Festival.
Megan @ Who Me, Run? recently posted..The Race Registration Bug

50 Ann October 3, 2011 at 12:54 pm

Fall is my favorite time of the year too. It’s a shame you haven’t gotten to experience those fall traditions. I’ll cross my fingers you make it to Tennessee. I live close to Nashville and love it here this time of the year.