Cheated

by Meghann on September 29, 2011

There’s my bike stuff. Right where I left it. By the door. So I wouldn’t forget it.

IMG_4221.jpg

Fail.

All good plans start with the best intentions right?

My plan was to work at Starbucks this afternoon (Happy National Coffee Day!), then meet my friend Allison for our weekly ride on a nearby trail. It wasn’t until I went to grab my gear from the car that I noticed it wasn’t there. Oops.

No big deal. We went for a good long walk instead. We did a two mile loop around my gym and spotted a handful of kids practicing for the Youth Triathlon this weekend. There’s nothing cuter then watching 10 years olds practice transitions from the bike to the run. πŸ™‚

Before I met Allison I had a peach as a mid afternoon snack.

I cheated a tad with dinner tonight.

I roasted the acorn squash

I sauteed the green beans and asparagus with fresh garlic and extra virgin olive oil

But I had nothing to do with the turkey meatballs

I needed a protein, but didn’t have the energy to come up with anything at home, so I stopped at the local health store and purchased three pre-made turkey meatballs. Two for Derek and one for me. All I had to do was heat them up in the oven for 5 minutes and they were good to go. The best part was they tasted pretty good too. πŸ™‚

I also cheated with dessert.

My pre-mix dirty little secret.

My parents gave me the pumpkin bread mix when I was home last weekend. All I had to do was add egg, oil, and pumpkin.

I also threw in some raisins and peanut butter chips for fun. πŸ˜‰

The bag made two big loaves.

I enjoyed a hot slice right out of the oven.

This stuff is GOOD! I can’t wait to try my hand with a ‘from scratch’ loaf later this month. Fingers crossed it comes out just as moist and delicious. πŸ™‚

What was your last meal cheat?

1 Erin (Travel Eat Repeat) September 29, 2011 at 10:21 pm

I always feel like I’m cheating when I use the breadmaker to make bread instead of the long, tedious process of kneading, rising, etc. — but the end result is just as delicious and nutritious with far less work and effort on my part so… worth it!
Erin (Travel Eat Repeat) recently posted..Thankful Thursday

2 Michelle September 29, 2011 at 10:23 pm

All of that looks so good! And I cheat all the time, ahhh
Michelle recently posted..Some finance and life updates…

3 Krystina (Organically Me) September 29, 2011 at 10:27 pm

Opened up a can of Progresso lentil soup + a fried egg for lunch.

4 Christine @ BookishlyB September 29, 2011 at 10:27 pm

Love that it’s pumpkin season! I love adding chocolate chips to my bread.
Christine @ BookishlyB recently posted..Hate the Player, Not the Game

5 Army Amy* September 29, 2011 at 10:29 pm

Pumpkin bread is so good this time of year!*
Army Amy* recently posted..Doggone Dentist

6 mary September 29, 2011 at 10:30 pm

I bet you could follow a simple banana bread recipe and just substitute the pumpkin in. I know I’ve done that before and it works well. Have you tried pumpkin cookies?! they are TO die for!
mary recently posted..Running with Friends

7 Brittney September 29, 2011 at 10:38 pm

All of these delicious looking pumpkin goodies… I want to try them so much but then I remember that I don’t like pumpkin! πŸ™ Your bread looks tasty though!!

8 Sana September 29, 2011 at 10:40 pm

Sometimes meals from the box are really not that bad πŸ™‚
Sana recently posted..Thanks!

9 Meg September 29, 2011 at 10:49 pm

Cheater cheater pumpkin bread eater πŸ™‚
Meg recently posted..Playing with balls.

10 Casey @ Pocket Full of Sunshine September 29, 2011 at 10:50 pm

If that’s cheating, you don’t want to see what I sometimes have for dinner! Haha *Think wine and cheez-its and chocolate*
Casey @ Pocket Full of Sunshine recently posted..Wine Tasting in Santa Barbara

11 Deva @ Deva by Definition September 29, 2011 at 11:08 pm

My last meal cheat was tonight – I made Alexia onion rings as a side dish! sooo good!
Deva @ Deva by Definition recently posted..An Early Start

12 JRob September 29, 2011 at 11:43 pm

One meatball?

13 Meghann September 30, 2011 at 8:46 am

Yes, they were 3 oz each – the size of a small hamburger.

14 erin September 29, 2011 at 11:57 pm

Do you think this may have been insensitive in light of Caitlin’s post on cheating?

15 Meghann September 30, 2011 at 8:51 am

I’m a bit behind on blog reading and didn’t even know she wrote one called cheating. I’ll go and read it now though.

16 Michelle September 30, 2011 at 12:04 am

That bread looks so good. Perfect dessert
Michelle recently posted..Germany Observations: Part II

17 Lara @TresLaLa to TinyLaLa September 30, 2011 at 12:57 am

I don’t think it’s cheating. At all. Sometimes you do what you gotta do! I’m a huge fan of convenience. It wasn’t fast food. It wasn’t choc-full of crap. And it looked tasty! πŸ™‚
Lara @TresLaLa to TinyLaLa recently posted..Small > Big

18 erica September 30, 2011 at 5:05 am

mmmm! gotta love mixes! that’s how i roll! lol.

is that maddie’s i-gotta-go-potty bells on the door?
erica recently posted..euro trip planning: to tour or not to tour?

19 Meghann September 30, 2011 at 8:57 am

Yes they are! I need to write a post about them – they work magic!

20 Emily @ Life on Food September 30, 2011 at 6:39 am

I always top my pumpkin bread with peanut butter. What a great idea to add the chips. I always thought of it as dessert but this addition makes it official.
Emily @ Life on Food recently posted..Mama’s Lasagna

21 Lauren September 30, 2011 at 6:58 am

Oh girl, that’s not cheating. That’s called being resourceful.
Lauren recently posted..Feeling Fall Salad

22 Katie @ Peace Love and Oats September 30, 2011 at 8:50 am

haha no such thing as cheating – as long as you’re eating good food!!!

23 Hope September 30, 2011 at 9:08 am

I’ve never had acorn squash before! It looks really good. I’m going to have to buy some to try. Oh, and that bread looks amazing!!! πŸ™‚
Hope recently posted..A Friday Favorite…

24 kathleen @ the daily crumb September 30, 2011 at 9:32 am

that pumpkin bread looks delicious!!

25 Cait's Plate September 30, 2011 at 10:37 am

Pumpkin bread right out of the oven whether made from scratch or not just CANNOT be beat.

I use things like frozen veggie burgers and falafels ALL the time. Sometimes you just can’t beat the convenience!
Cait’s Plate recently posted..Good, Not Great

26 Courtney M. September 30, 2011 at 12:26 pm

I love your bike shoes! I have the same ones. πŸ™‚ Haven’t really broken them in yet … I haven’t figured out my clipless pedals yet and keep making an asshat of myself by falling off my bike whenever I try to unclip. Such is life!
Courtney M. recently posted..Paleo Meatballs

27 Shaun @ snackasaurusrex September 30, 2011 at 4:56 pm

I cheated with a biscotti this morning…not bad for a cheater, huh?!?
Shaun @ snackasaurusrex recently posted..Weight loss before and after pics

28 Sophie September 30, 2011 at 5:16 pm

Mmmm, that pumpkin bread looks delicious!

I work in a bvoarding school and tend to eat school dinners quite a lot, so I suppose that is a massive cheat!
Sophie recently posted..Friday Thoughts.