I have a problem…

by Meghann on September 22, 2011

My name is Meghann and I have a Groupon problem.

It’s bad. Really bad. So bad that I had to start actually printing them so I would remember which ones I have and which ones are about to expire.

Example of one about to expire:

Screen shot 2011-09-22 at 2.51.52 PM.png

Yikes. Perfect excuse for a lunch date, wouldn’t you say? 😉

Hi Courtney!

Side note: I owe Courtney times a zillion for all her help with coaching me for Augusta. She is a triathlon superstar (proof: she just came back from the WORLD championship in China, which she had to qualify to compete in by winning her age group at nationals. Impressive, much?!) and has been a shining star with teaching me how to swim and how to properly ride my bike the last couple of months. Any triathlon question? She’s my go-to girl and I wouldn’t have been able to do this without her. Courtney rocks!

The Brunchery is one of those places I’ve walked by a million times, but have never actually been in. I purchased the Groupon months ago hoping it would finally encourage me to try it for a post-run brunch or something, but the timing never worked out (the Groupon couldn’t be used on Sundays and our Saturdays are usually pretty full). When I realized it was about to expire I called Courtney up and asked if she wanted to try it for a midweek treat. She was game.

As soon as I walked in the door, I remembered why I’ve been wanting to try this place. It was a cute homey restaurant that reminded me of the tiny breakfast places I used to eat at in college. There were only a few tables, one attentive waitress, and a menu full of all my traditional breakfast favorites.

Courtney and I are sharers, so we decided to order two items and split the dishes down the middle. I knew I liked her for a reason.;)

The crepes immediately caught our attention. We ordered one to satisfy our savory cravings and one to satisfy our sweet tooth.

Our savory crepe was filled with turkey, asparagus, and provolone and came with a side of home fries.

The savory crepe was cheesy, decadent, and delicious, but the home fries were the real winner on the plate. They were extra salty and mushy, basically a big pile of greasy heaven.

The sweet crape came with a homemade spiced muffin and was filled with yogurt and fresh strawberries.

Eh. I could take it or leave it on this one. Not nearly as rich or decadent as I was hoping.

Courtney was jonsing for an iced coffee after we finished our meal, so I introduced her to Buddy Brew Coffee.

Buddy Brew roasts all their coffee on site and serves a very frothy cold-brewed iced coffee that makes you believe you’re drinking something fancy. It’s amazing.

Mmm…. froth.

They sell Buddy Brew Coffee at different coffee shops and restaurants around town, but it’s not quite the same as fresh coffee straight from the original store. Not even close. 😉

#MyChoice Winners!

The 5 random winners for the $50 Visa Gift Cards from FiberChoice are…

Nancy September 20, 2011 at 11:31 pm

I am working more (healthy) dairy into my diet for the probiotics and calcium. Am really loving yogurt at the moment!

Caroline September 20, 2011 at 1:47 pm

I’ve started waking up early to go to the gym, because I haven’t had time after work!

Tracie Harrelson September 22, 2011 at 7:55 am

My new healthy habit is meeting with some of the ladies from my church on Tuesday and Thursday mornings to walk. Exercise and fellowship is a good combination. :)

Jess September 20, 2011 at 11:17 pm

FINALLY started taking vitamins. After years of “gentle” prodding by my mother (cough cough) and watching my younger sister setting an example by diligently taking a handful of vitamins each night, it took a health scare to scare me straight. Now I take a multi, a calcium chew, and gummy vitamins every night… And have even gotten my boyfriend on the trend! Next up is drinking more water (if nothing else, to try to get my pee close to clear– cute sight, right? :) ), and MORE SLEEP. lack of sleep is leading to a tired, cranky JCo, which is not helping at work_ or at home. Game on, healthy habits!

Merelene September 20, 2011 at 3:26 pm

I have recently decided to cut down on sweets

Congrats! Shoot an email to mealsandmiles@gmail.com to claim your prize!

1 Sarah @ See Sarah Eat September 22, 2011 at 3:36 pm

I love that you consider October 19th almost expired! I have been known to use them on the very last day, oops! I too have a Groupon and Living Social problem but it has actually saved me a lot of money and forced me to try some new places and activities 🙂
Sarah @ See Sarah Eat recently posted..List-making

2 Maria September 22, 2011 at 3:39 pm

I’ve never had a savory crepe before! But it looks great 🙂

3 Joelle (On A Pink Typewriter) September 22, 2011 at 3:40 pm

That restaurant looks SO cute!! I love brunch/breakfast places so very much.. I want to open one someday! And I’m the worst Groupon-er ever, but opposite of you.. I get the emails and see tons of awesome deals, and NEVER buy any. Like literally I have never bought one.. I always forget haha.
Joelle (On A Pink Typewriter) recently posted..Coming clean

4 Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife September 22, 2011 at 3:41 pm

I haven’t really gotten on the Groupon train….work and life are so busy to do some of those things. Sad face. But maybe one day soon I’ll get a good one that I can’t pass up 🙂

Love a great meal split between friends! What a great friend she has been, and SO cool that she went and competed in China. Hi Courtney!
Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife recently posted..Chicken Enchilada Recipe + Thankful Thursday

5 Tania @ Health Macadamia September 22, 2011 at 3:41 pm

True story: I’ve never bought a Groupon! I bought the LivingSocial Whole Foods deal last week – that’s the closest for me!
Tania @ Health Macadamia recently posted..So Raise Your Glass….

6 Ashley @ Coffee Cake and Cardio September 22, 2011 at 3:51 pm

OMG, I totally have the same problem. I have SO many groupons.
Ashley @ Coffee Cake and Cardio recently posted..Super Food!

7 Emily G. September 22, 2011 at 3:54 pm

LOL I have a Groupon problem, too! Although, it extends to Living Social, Eversave, Seize the Deal, Zulily, and Rue La La! I scored a $25 certificate to a local Indian joint and it’s 2 appetizers and 4 entrees. Where can you go eat for a price like that (not even McDonalds!!). Anyway – if I were to drive by, I wouldn’t give it a second thought but I couldn’t pass up the deal! lol

8 Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat September 22, 2011 at 3:56 pm

LOL Groupons are SO easy to buy tons of! I just bought a Living Social deal the other day and it’s actually the first one I’ve bought in a few months, so I’m proud of myself! The place you visited looks great – I love brunch food!
Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat recently posted..How Old Are You.. Really?

9 Caitlin C. September 22, 2011 at 3:57 pm

Can I just say I have SUCH a Groupon problem. Or just Daily Deals in general because I also use LivingSocial and SaveNowCT. It’s insane, my friends know me for my daily deal addiction! I actually am using a deal tonight for Mex food haha 🙂

Can I just say I’m SO jealous of that frothy iced coffee. If I lived near that place I’d go every single day. I’m going to FL in Dec but will be all the way in W. Palm Beach so no chance to try that tasty beverage!
Caitlin C. recently posted..Greek Food Love

10 erica September 22, 2011 at 4:02 pm

i think i’ve only ever purchased 1 groupon. i just never see anything that interests me…i think i should check out other deal sites..lol.
erica recently posted..wedding recap: the reception

11 Casey @ Pocket Full of Sunshine September 22, 2011 at 4:11 pm

I’ve never had savory crepes before…they sound delicious!
Casey @ Pocket Full of Sunshine recently posted..Running Playlist and Red Carpet Premier

12 kathleen @ the daily crumb September 22, 2011 at 4:18 pm

your hair is so long, meghann!! pretty 🙂

i have never seen frothy ICED coffee. looks delish.
kathleen @ the daily crumb recently posted..graduation day

13 Meghann September 22, 2011 at 4:23 pm

Thank you! I’m growing it out to donate soon. 🙂

14 Corey @ Learning Patience September 22, 2011 at 4:18 pm

I totally hear you girl – before we moved overseas I realized I had a bazillion groupons…it was a real problem… 🙂

miss groupons so much

xoxo from Houston <— this week
Corey @ Learning Patience recently posted..Hello H-Town and Grilled Romaine Veggie Salad

15 Jessi @ Quirky Cookery September 22, 2011 at 4:21 pm

I love, love, love Groupon. Unfortunately/fortunately, I ended up having to let one expire once and it really, really bugged me, so since then, I’ve been extra careful not to buy any unless I know for sure I can fit it in before it expires.
Jessi @ Quirky Cookery recently posted..Man buys 12,150 pudding cups for 1.2 million flier miles, tax write-offs

16 Carissa September 22, 2011 at 4:26 pm

Groupon addiction or not you got to see Britney Spears for WAY cheap and for that I’m jealous!

I have 3 groupons that need printing… 🙂
Carissa recently posted..Healthy Egg Muffins

17 Cait's Plate September 22, 2011 at 4:33 pm

Ugh I am SO with you on the groupon problem!! Those darn expiration dates ruin everything!! I’ve literally just had to stop looking at the deals because I can’t control myself!! (we’ve discussed this, but I feel the need to commiserate with you again, haha!)
Cait’s Plate recently posted..Use Up the Produce

18 Angela @ PattycakesnPancakes September 22, 2011 at 4:49 pm

Wow ,do you need an intervention! JK…I just started with Groupon and Living Social. The deals are too hard to pass up. You go girl!
Angela @ PattycakesnPancakes recently posted..Martinis And Rice In The Morning

19 Hillary September 22, 2011 at 4:52 pm

Little brunch spots like that are my favorite. There was one back in my hometown where we would all go to nurse our hangovers. Always did the trick ; )

20 Lisa (bakebikeblog) September 22, 2011 at 6:43 pm

ooooh that savoury crepe DOES look good!!!
Lisa (bakebikeblog) recently posted..Lemon garlic lamb with lentil and tomato salad

21 Hilary September 22, 2011 at 9:48 pm

I have the same problem… And I get them from so many different sites it makes it hard to keep track! Gotta figure out a better system for doing that

22 Lara @TresLaLa September 22, 2011 at 11:56 pm

My hubby was just ribbing me about my Groupon / Living Social / Conejo Deals / Bogopod addiction. I just can’t help it!
Lara @TresLaLa recently posted..What’s for Dinner?

23 Jennifer September 23, 2011 at 10:25 am

I haven’t gotten into the Groupon groove yet. Im addicted to Livingsocial. So far tickets to side splitters,and a really cheap bootcamp. I think the restaurants are in South Tampa still to far away for me.

24 Rachel Wilkerson September 23, 2011 at 12:13 pm

Have you seen Schwaggle yet? It’s like Groupon for fitness gear, race fees, and things like that! Sorry to enable your addiction but it seems right up your alley!
Rachel Wilkerson recently posted..Lesson #105: Seven Dates That Aren’t Just Dinner & A Movie

25 Nicole September 24, 2011 at 12:01 pm

I started laughing out loud when I saw this post pop up on my Google Reader. Girl, I have a problem too! I use the Groupon app on my phone and sort my Groupons by expiry date. That way I don’t miss any. There are just so many good deals!

The trouble I have though is when I get other deals from other websites (Living Social, etc) and forget about them. Boo!
Nicole recently posted..Successful goals

26 Sophie September 27, 2011 at 4:57 pm

I went through a phase of having a real bad Groupon problem too – it took me a while to get out of the habit to just ‘needing’ to buy their offers!
Sophie recently posted..Food & Fitness…That Is What The Blog’s Called After All!