more ยป" />

A Nole Fan to the Very End

by Meghann on September 18, 2011

I don’t want to talk about it.

That’s a lie. I do want to talk about.

Yes, we lost, but I’m still proud of my Seminoles. We didn’t get mowed over like last year and – at one point – we were tied and a win looked possible. Had we stayed away from all those penalties – and actually kept all our good players in the game – I may have been singing a different tune this morning. The good news is, it’s only the third game of the season and we still have a lot left in us. We’re in it to win it.

Way to go Noles. ๐Ÿ™‚

Last night we headed over to my friend Callie’s apartment to cheer the Seminoles on with mini athlete.

Is he not the cutest FSU fan you’ve ever seen?!?!

There was a delicious spread of hamburgers, corn casserole, fresh fruit, chips, and dip to nibble on during the game.

I brought the black bean salad, but fell in love with the corn casserole. I went back for seconds and thirds. ๐Ÿ˜‰

We weren’t just there to cheer on the Seminoles, we had a birthday to celebrate as well!

Callie’s husband turned the big 2-9 yesterday. Happy Birthday, Nate!

Chocolate-Chocolate cake was enjoyed by all. ๐Ÿ™‚

Late game = late night.

Derek and I crashed as soon as we got back to the condo and I didn’t move until the alarm went off at 7:00.

This morning I took Maddie out for a 4 mile run around the neighborhood. It was my way of apologizing for leaving her home alone the majority of yesterday. She’s currently passed out on my lap, so I’ll take that as a sign she accepts my apologies. ๐Ÿ™‚

Smoothie Breakfast

In the mix:

• Frozen strawberries
  • Frozen mango
  • Chocolate protein powder
  • Xanthum gum
  • Vanilla soy milk
  • Ground flax seed

On top :

• Love Grown Granola
  • Honey peanut butter

Today is a lazy day. That laziness begins on the couch with a marathon of Four Weddings.

Have a great Sunday everyone!

1 Aine @ Something to Chew Over September 18, 2011 at 9:28 am

Yum I love the idea of a smoothie bowl! Good thinking ๐Ÿ™‚
Aine @ Something to Chew Over recently posted..Barley Salad

2 Sweet and Savvy September 18, 2011 at 9:34 am

That is the cutest football fan I have EVER seen! ๐Ÿ™‚ Looks like a fun night!
Sweet and Savvy recently posted..What is Beauty?

3 Michelle September 18, 2011 at 9:40 am

What a cute baby!

The best part about watching sports is the food

4 Fallon September 18, 2011 at 10:37 am

I also had chocolate on chocolate cake last night, to celebrate our friend who is about to have a baby any day!!!
Fallon recently posted..Mikeโ€™s Birthday Cake

5 ChocolatePBCups September 18, 2011 at 10:58 am

Sounds like a fun night! The smoothie bowl looks delicious ๐Ÿ™‚
ChocolatePBCups recently posted..Circuit Training Outside

6 Kate September 18, 2011 at 11:07 am

I can say this — fans in Tallahassee last night were some of the nicest I’ve seen outside of Nebraska. (UNL has the nicest fans in the NCAA, hands down. There is no competition there. They are sorely missed in the Big XII.) It’s rare to come into a stadium for a game that hyped and actually have people shake your hand and be gracious afterwards, but for the most part, that’s exactly what happened.

FSU’s got a good future ahead of them — your freshman QB had a fantastic night, and the rest of your receiving corps is young, but very, very talented. Experience like yesterday can only help. The next couple of years are going to be GOOD ones for the Seminoles.
Kate recently posted..Pumpkin Bread (Or, a desperate plea for fall.)

7 Cait's Plate September 18, 2011 at 11:28 am

I want one of those cheeseburgers SO badly! Enjoy your lazy day, we’re doing the exact same ๐Ÿ™‚
Cait’s Plate recently posted..Cinnamon Raisin English Muffin French Toast

8 Shaya (Eye Girl Eats) September 18, 2011 at 11:58 am

First of all, that really is one of the cutest babies I’ve ever seen. I just want to squeeze his little cheeks!!
Also– what was in the corn casserole? very interested!
Shaya (Eye Girl Eats) recently posted..Slacker.

9 kathleen @ the daily crumb September 18, 2011 at 12:06 pm

what a fun night! do you know callie from fsu? i love having friends who cheer for the same teams as we do, makes the games much more fun ๐Ÿ™‚ not to mention, callie looks GREAT post-baby!

i’m always in for a beating when i leave the dogs home for too long. they make me pay — primarily with those sad droopy eyes that just melt my heart! glad you got maddie out for a run. happy sunday!
kathleen @ the daily crumb recently posted..chicago bear sunday.

10 Liz September 18, 2011 at 12:23 pm

Eh. Not a good football Saturday for me either… Michigan State, Ohio State, and Bowling Green all lost… ๐Ÿ™

11 Michelle @ Crazy*Running*Legs September 18, 2011 at 12:48 pm

I think my little Nole fans are cuter (I’m biased, of course!), but Callie little guy is adorable ๐Ÿ™‚ Plus, I love Seminole families! (again, biased)

I was sleeping during the game – but I hear my husband screaming at the TV and UGH! It was a valiant effort though – and they are a WORTHY opponent. I’m so excited that FSU football is BACK! You missed on the heydays – right?

12 Ali @ Ali Runs September 18, 2011 at 12:50 pm

Aww, what a cute little Nole fan! ๐Ÿ™‚ Such an adorable picture!
Ali @ Ali Runs recently posted..Dilemma

13 Anne @strawberryjampackedlife September 18, 2011 at 12:56 pm

I hope that EJ Manuel is okay! We thought that you guys had a W within your sights as well. And then, bam, turnover! Oh, well you did lose to the #1 team in the country! And played well doing it.
Anne @strawberryjampackedlife recently posted..Where was I? 9/11/2001

14 Sana September 18, 2011 at 2:04 pm

I think Maddie enjoys her alone time ๐Ÿ˜‰
Sana recently posted..Men Should Never Go Grocery Shopping

15 Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife September 18, 2011 at 2:21 pm

I had a smoothie bowl this morning too….I can’t let Summer go by YET! ๐Ÿ˜‰
Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife recently posted..Quick Sandwich

16 Corey @ Learning Patience September 18, 2011 at 3:13 pm

smoothie bowl looks good! ๐Ÿ™‚
xoxo from Trinidad
Corey @ Learning Patience recently posted..Giving Thanks – Week 13

17 Katy (The Singing Runner) September 18, 2011 at 3:33 pm

I think I need to send some orange and blue down to the little FSU fan. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Aw, who am I kidding? Even the dire heart Gator fan in me thinks Callie’s little boy is adorable, even in garnet and gold. ๐Ÿ˜‰
Katy (The Singing Runner) recently posted..New Season!!!

18 Gina @ Running to the Kitchen September 18, 2011 at 4:41 pm

I don’t know why I’ve never put pb on top of my smoothie bowls but seeing yours is making me think I’m an idiot for never thinking of that before!
Gina @ Running to the Kitchen recently posted..Baby Z

19 Carolina @ Peas in a Blog September 18, 2011 at 5:07 pm

Argh, I’m still upset we lost. I’m proud that it was a close game but it still stings a little no doubt. I’m hoping the rest of the season goes well & we have a great showing this year ๐Ÿ™‚
Carolina @ Peas in a Blog recently posted..Man Food.

20 Mallory @ It's Only Life September 18, 2011 at 6:45 pm

That cake looks like chocolate heaven! Yum! ๐Ÿ™‚
Mallory @ It’s Only Life recently posted..8 Miles + A Night of Unhealthy

21 Katie @ Peace Love and Oats September 18, 2011 at 6:49 pm

Smoothie bowls are my life! haha I literally have one every day. And I know how you feel about the sports thing – I’m a Kansas City Chiefs fan…
Katie @ Peace Love and Oats recently posted..Goodbye Summer, Hello Fall!

22 Nikki September 18, 2011 at 6:52 pm

I’m sorry your team lost! I don’t follow football (don’t shoot me!) maybe it’s the canadian girl in me?!?! I’m more of a hockey gal…

I am so jealous you went to Universal yesterday! and had birthday cake! It is SO not fair!
Nikki recently posted..Pumpkin Spice Mini Donuts

23 Allison September 18, 2011 at 7:39 pm

I wish I had a lazy Sunday- too many to-do’s, boo :/ I love Four Weddings- some of those women are too funny ๐Ÿ˜› I’d love to win a honeymoon…
Allison recently posted..22nd Birthday Wish List

24 Meghan September 18, 2011 at 8:49 pm

Love your college football spirit. I’m an NFL girl all the way. GO COWBOYS
So jealous of everyone with Love Grown! I can’t get it here.. Enjoy your lazy Sunday, they are the BEST ๐Ÿ™‚
Meghan recently posted..Weekly Run Down: 9/11/11

25 Carissa September 18, 2011 at 8:50 pm

Poor Noles! I had such hope when we got that last TD! I hope we can do well going into Clemson next weekend! And still win the ACC…go noles!
Carissa recently posted..No NFL for you!

26 Lara @TresLaLa September 19, 2011 at 3:13 am

Corn casserole always gets me!
Lara @TresLaLa recently posted..2011 Nautica Malibu Triathlon

27 dawn September 20, 2011 at 6:24 am

What? Wait….there is honey peanut butter? Where do they hide this???

28 Sophie September 21, 2011 at 5:19 pm

I really want some chocolate cake now!
Sophie recently posted..Life Wobbles & A Catch Up!