Crying Uncle

by Meghann on September 13, 2011

Mornin’

Say hello to my little friend..

I busted out the bike this morning hoping to get some speed work in, but my legs weren’t having it. They were still beat from yesterday’s NROLFW session and crying uncle the entire time. I coasted along before turning around early at mile 8 instead of 10. 16 miles is better than nothing. πŸ™‚

I was hoping to make this my last week of NROLFW before Augusta, but I think I’m going to have to pull out of my planned session tomorrow. My legs were beat today and I need them to be as fresh as possible on September 25th. Giving them a good rest from weights until the race is over is exactly what I need. I’ll just have to pick up with stage 3 again after the race is over.

It’s always interesting to see what I’m craving after a work out.

Today it was a hot cinnamon apple with vanilla yogurt, granola, cinnamon graham cracker, and honey peanut butter.

Yum!

What do you usually crave after a work out? Does it vary or is it pretty standard?

1 Cat @Breakfast to Bed September 13, 2011 at 10:05 am

I hate eating post workout, save for bodypump, and I almost always crave overnight oats with pb, choc, and honey.
Cat @Breakfast to Bed recently posted..Mothers are Thieves.

2 Samantha @ Bikini Birthday September 13, 2011 at 10:07 am

I like to run or spin when my legs are sore from weightlifting. I find it loosens them up a bit. I don’t go balls to the wall or anything, but just take it easy.

3 Aine @ Something to Chew Over September 13, 2011 at 10:22 am

I’m usually starving by the time I get out of the shower after a workout! I like PB on toast or yoghurt and fruit for a snack but I usually run before dinner so I just eat that.
Aine @ Something to Chew Over recently posted..Homemade Latte

4 Jessica @ Sushi and Sit-Ups September 13, 2011 at 10:22 am

My post workout food varies. Sometimes I’m not hungry at all and other times I’m famished. But I always want something hearty and fresh like a good salad or a fresh ingredients burrito. I also love smoothies after a workout!
Jessica @ Sushi and Sit-Ups recently posted..Knightly

5 Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife September 13, 2011 at 10:26 am

Nice job on the 16 miles!

I always crave water after weights and/or cardio (duh!). After weights I crave eggs, chocolate milk, yogurt. After cardio usually cereal, toast, or oatmeal. By body KNOWS. hehe πŸ˜‰
Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife recently posted..Focus On: Squats

6 Amanda at the red table September 13, 2011 at 10:27 am

I don’t know if I have specific cravings after working out, but I usually have a granola bar or something. I gotta get something in my tummy!
Amanda at the red table recently posted..Barefoot Pinot Grigio | wines at the red table

7 Cait's Plate September 13, 2011 at 10:32 am

I usually crave fruit, granola, nut butter and yogurt most of the time. I think it’s just the perfect post-workout fuel πŸ™‚
Cait’s Plate recently posted..Two Tuesday Things

8 Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat September 13, 2011 at 10:33 am

Looks yummy! My cravings post-workout change. Usually a green smoothie with banana, vanilla protein powder, and lots of cinnamon is a pretty good bet, but I tend to need something savoury too, like an omelette packed with veggies and smothered in salsa. Actually, I’m making myself hungry just thinking about it!
Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat recently posted..Tuesday Questions

9 Shanna, Like Banana September 13, 2011 at 10:39 am

It totally varies! I work out in the late afternoon so by then I’m craving dinner foods…lately it’s pizza…never enough pizza!

10 Hillary September 13, 2011 at 11:14 am

I almost always crave protein after my workout: Greek yogurt, eggs, nut butter, meat. I can’t get enough muscle replenishment!
Hillary recently posted..Comforted

11 Nikki September 13, 2011 at 11:19 am

Oooh… I am not post workout but a cinnamon apple with those toppings sounds amazing!!
Nikki recently posted..Gremlins don’t like Veggie Lasagna

12 Casey @ Pocket Full of Sunshine September 13, 2011 at 11:39 am

I always crave a good, hearty breakfast after a workout—involving eggs and usually some sort of meat!
Casey @ Pocket Full of Sunshine recently posted..Ben and Jerry’s and Back to Boston

13 Ashley September 13, 2011 at 12:20 pm

I usually crave something cold like a smoothie. I usually don’t even feel like eating for at least an hour after I finished working out.
Ashley recently posted..Pints to Pasta 10K Race Recap

14 Nicole September 13, 2011 at 12:45 pm

I always crave something cool like cereal or a smoothie.
Nice bike shoes! πŸ™‚ How long have you had them? They are very nice and white!
Nicole recently posted..Monday Rundown

15 Meghann September 13, 2011 at 1:29 pm

I’ve had them a few months and they’re not as white in person. πŸ™‚

16 mary September 13, 2011 at 1:08 pm

Bagels! I always crave carbs after a workout!
mary recently posted..Congratulations Caroline and John!

17 Heather @ Get Healthy with Heather September 13, 2011 at 1:35 pm

Usually I want something chilly after a tough workout but that’ll fill me too. A smoothie + toast with PB will do the trick. Way to still rock those 16 miles!
Heather @ Get Healthy with Heather recently posted..A Meat Free Family + Zucchini Steel Cut Oats with Pumpkin Almond Topping

18 kathleen @ the daily crumb September 13, 2011 at 1:46 pm

i am always craving a big smoothie after a workout. whether it’s hot or cold (i’m in chicago, so we get the extremes!), for some reason i always want the icy goodness. maybe it’s the hydration factor.

i had no idea what “crying uncle” meant until i just looked it up from reading it here!
kathleen @ the daily crumb recently posted..scrambled egg tortillas.

19 Meghann September 13, 2011 at 2:06 pm

Ha! I thought that was a well known phrase. my Dad used to always say “say uncle” when I was younger

20 Mallory @ It's Only Life September 13, 2011 at 1:46 pm

I generally don’t crave anything after a tough workout. It takes a little while for the hunger to kick in. I always think about my next meal though- lately, I’ve been on a pancake kick! πŸ™‚
Mallory @ It’s Only Life recently posted..Munchkin Monday

21 Angela @ Momethis September 13, 2011 at 1:46 pm

I crave chicken and pasta. Hey by the way, today on Livingsocial they have a deal for Whole Foods Market. Have a great day!
Angela @ Momethis recently posted..Whole Foods Market Deal Today!

22 Yolie @ Practising Wellness September 13, 2011 at 1:59 pm

I don’t really crave anything in particular after a workout … other than FOOD, lol! πŸ˜› Nothing specific, I am just usually super-duper hungry, even if I had a big meal before my workout. No idea why I’m such a hungry hippo, it just seems that I am, lol! I so admire your dedication and commitment to health , and all of your eats look absolutely delicious, always! πŸ™‚ xyx
Yolie @ Practising Wellness recently posted..jumping for joy!

23 Ari @ Ari's Menu September 13, 2011 at 2:07 pm

I always crave something fruity and sweet–usually oatmeal or a smoothie. I just finished spin class and oatmeal haha.
Ari @ Ari’s Menu recently posted..Skinnified Sunday: Rachael Ray’s Double Bacon Beer Burgers

24 Lara @ TresLaLa September 13, 2011 at 2:26 pm

What do I crave? Cake. What do I eat? An apple. Harrumph.
Lara @ TresLaLa recently posted..Super Yum Sauce

25 Mary @ Bites and Bliss September 13, 2011 at 3:00 pm

I love microwaved apple, cinnamon, and yogurt. So good! I usually crave protein after working out- whether it be strength or cardio.
Mary @ Bites and Bliss recently posted..Pain, pain, go away.

26 Shaya (Eye Girl Eats) September 13, 2011 at 5:13 pm

Smoothies!! Big ones, in a bowl, with toppings πŸ™‚
Shaya (Eye Girl Eats) recently posted..Baked Ravioli with Eggplant and Broccoli

27 Kayla @ Sprouty Buns September 13, 2011 at 8:58 pm

Either toast and eggs or warm buckwheat cereal … and BANANAS!
Kayla @ Sprouty Buns recently posted..Me, Myself & I

28 Nikki September 13, 2011 at 9:14 pm

I love graham crackers and nut butter after a good workout!
Nikki recently posted..Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood

29 Ali @ Ali Runs September 14, 2011 at 8:56 am

After most hard workouts, I crave SALT! Especially after long runs.
Ali @ Ali Runs recently posted..Fitting It All In

30 Sophie September 14, 2011 at 2:11 pm

I normally go straight to school dinners after a workout, so don’t really have much choice, but anything with PB is a massive winner in my eyes!
Sophie recently posted..Back On The Bandwagon.