Yoga Day

by Meghann on September 10, 2011

It’s yoga time, baby!

I’m off to a full day festival of yoga, love, and friends. I can’t wait! πŸ™‚

Hopefully there will be a lot of this…

This…

P4090898.JPG

And maybe even a little of this. πŸ˜‰

Inverted poses are my new favorites. I’ve gotten to where I can hold the scorpion for exactly 3 second before falling down with out the support of a wall. Progress, right? πŸ˜‰

But, wouldn’t it be really cool if I could do this?

(source)

Ha! I’m pretty sure that’s not even a ‘one day’ pose, but probs to her!

I just polished off a big bowl of cereal.

(Cinnamon Cheerios, Erewhon Brown RIce Crispies, Warrior Crunch Granola, Peach, Vanilla Yogurt)

And now I’m on my way out the door!

See ya on the flip side!

What’s your favorite yoga pose?

1 Rasha @ PBAddiction September 10, 2011 at 7:13 am

Those are all cool poses! Even though I started yoga years ago, the frequency I do classes is so low so I haven’t progressed much. I love the stretch I get out of the pigeon pose πŸ™‚

2 Brittany @ Itty Bits of Balance September 10, 2011 at 7:21 am

My favorite yoga pose would probably be warrior– It gets me every time πŸ˜‰
Brittany @ Itty Bits of Balance recently posted..Fruity Cereal Intervention

3 Brittney September 10, 2011 at 7:32 am

You are good at inversions! I can do a few, but my lack of upper body strength sometimes prevents me from doing more. I’m heading out for Lululemon’s Salutation Nation today. Enjoy your practice!
Brittney recently posted..Reacquainting With Portsmouth and UNH

4 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey September 10, 2011 at 7:55 am

You just made me pumped for my hot yoga class in 1.5 hours – I don’t know if I could pick a favorite pose. Probably some sort of hip opener since mine are always screaming.
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..fun facts friday… version 4.0

5 corey @ Learning Patience September 10, 2011 at 8:03 am

Wow – you got some awesome yoga moves – new to yoga, so I’m just getting used to all the poses and movements! I have gotten alot more flexible though – that’s for sure!

xoxo from Trinidad
corey @ Learning Patience recently posted..Packing, Soup and What’s Making Me Happy…

6 Hillary September 10, 2011 at 8:41 am

This sounds like such a cool idea for a festival. I’m a definite yoga-newbie, but I’d love to try something like this!
Hillary recently posted..Sauced

7 Emma September 10, 2011 at 8:44 am

Are you on a diet? Seems like you aren’t eating enough. You expressed the fact you gained weight and wanted to lose it, but I wasn’t sure if you were dieting now.

8 Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat September 10, 2011 at 9:18 am

Woohooo, have fun!!! Those are some great shots of you! My favourite pose…. savasana!!! Lol, and pigeon – awesome for stretching out tight runner’s hip flexors!
Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat recently posted..Fit Bit Friday 10

9 Ash Bear September 10, 2011 at 9:19 am

That’s awesome! I don’t practice inversions enough! I just am focusing on stretching right now! Have you ever taken a workshop on it or just regular weekly practice?

10 Lindsey September 10, 2011 at 9:22 am

Cobra πŸ™‚ Enjoy today! I haev always wanted to go to a full day of yoga.
Lindsey recently posted..Foodie Friday

11 Casey @ Pocket Full of Sunshine September 10, 2011 at 9:30 am

Have a great time Meghann. That sounds awesome. I’m trying hard to get into yoga—I love it when I go, but it’s getting myself there that’s sometimes the problem!
Casey @ Pocket Full of Sunshine recently posted..Quebec City and Montreal

12 Faith @ For the Health of It September 10, 2011 at 9:43 am

I love side crow – it makes me feel so strong! Have fun at the yoga fest!

13 Cait's Plate September 10, 2011 at 9:50 am

Gah so jealous!! Have SO much fun!
Cait’s Plate recently posted..Workout, Pizza, Ice Cream

14 amyt @ chicken nugget momma September 10, 2011 at 9:53 am

Looks like a blast!!!!! Have fun – can’t wait for the update!
amyt @ chicken nugget momma recently posted..The Shed of Pain

15 Lauren September 10, 2011 at 10:09 am

Pigeon! My hips are always so tight that I love lying in this pose for a few minutes.
Lauren recently posted..The Friday Five

16 Katie - kinda bananas.com September 10, 2011 at 10:30 am

That sounds like fun! My favorites are pigeon pose (popular choice! πŸ™‚ ) and half moon πŸ™‚ I’ve been into Bikram for almost a year, and I love it!

17 Gina @ Running to the Kitchen September 10, 2011 at 10:49 am

I’m super impressed by all the poses you can do, crow is the extent of the “hard” ones I can do! Have fun today!
Gina @ Running to the Kitchen recently posted..Pumpkin banana chocolate chip bread

18 Ashley September 10, 2011 at 11:07 am

Pigeon! Great stretch for my tight hips.
Ashley recently posted..Upgrade!

19 Mary Lynne September 10, 2011 at 11:07 am

Pigeon is my favorite pose! So good for the tight hips!
I’m going to Salutation Nation, a good jumping off point for me to get back into yoga. Can’t wait!
Mary Lynne recently posted..O{H}C~Journaling In Review

20 Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife September 10, 2011 at 11:47 am

I LOVE pigeon pose. AHHH hurts so good πŸ™‚
Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife recently posted..Fall Food : Apples

21 Army Amy* September 10, 2011 at 12:23 pm

Those poses are sick! I don’t do yoga, so no fancy poses for me. I can touch my toes. Does that count?*
Army Amy* recently posted..Intentions

22 Samantha September 10, 2011 at 12:56 pm

Those poses are awesome! Pigeon pose is one of my faves. I’d love to eventually be able to get to your level, but I’m just a novice. Hoping to stay in the swing of things and keep going!!

23 Tania September 10, 2011 at 1:13 pm

I’m a big fan of pigeon, upward dog & goddess. I’ve actually – contrary to my whole yoga life – have been enjoying downward dog a lot recently as well.
Tania recently posted..Technology & Charging

24 Emily@SavoryandSavage September 10, 2011 at 1:31 pm

My favorite is ‘Happy Baby Pose’ which is possibly one of the easiest ones but I love how it opens up your hips.
Emily@SavoryandSavage recently posted..Ranch salad dressing – a continuing obsession

25 Mary @ Bites and Bliss September 10, 2011 at 3:55 pm

I did that top one in my class the other day and they seemed to really enjoy it. I love all these yoga poses! My favorite being bird of paradise. πŸ™‚ Have fun!!
Mary @ Bites and Bliss recently posted..Clarinets kick brass

26 Amanda September 10, 2011 at 3:58 pm

I’m so jealous that you can do inversions! That’s awesome!! How long did it take you to work up to it? I can’t wait to be able to do a handstand!

27 Kiah September 10, 2011 at 5:23 pm

I’d have to say cat-cow…helps with posture πŸ™‚
Kiah recently posted..the spark of genius

28 Kate (What Kate is Cooking) September 10, 2011 at 5:44 pm

I like corpse pose the best- I always fall asleep, haha!
Kate (What Kate is Cooking) recently posted..Spend Less in September- Brown Rice and Lentils

29 Stephanie September 10, 2011 at 6:17 pm

Funny, I will run a marathon but thinking about an entire day of yoga intimidates me quite a lot. But, I now vow to do bit tonight. Happy yoga’ing!
Stephanie recently posted..What’s Your Eating Style?

30 Lara @TresLaLa September 11, 2011 at 1:52 am

I really need to get to more yoga classes! They’re free at the gym at work, so I really don’t have any excuse. And, I keep a yoga mat under my desk! Honestly, my favorite pose is Child’s Pose. Done after a really tough stretching pose, of course!
Lara @TresLaLa recently posted..A Triathlon Haiku

31 Shaya (Eye Girl Eats) September 11, 2011 at 2:07 am

Have fun!! You’re doing enough contortions now that you could probably do ANY ‘one day’ pose with a little more practice! You’re amazing πŸ™‚
Shaya (Eye Girl Eats) recently posted..Picture Post 9/10

32 Alaina September 11, 2011 at 11:14 am

Woo, check out the muscles on the first picture! That is such a cool shot! πŸ™‚
Alaina recently posted..5k’s and Pedicures

33 Sophie September 12, 2011 at 5:00 pm

Ha, I am always amazing at pics of your yoga poses!
Sophie recently posted..PGL & 9/11 Memories.