Short and Sweet

by Meghann on September 8, 2011

Let’s keep this short and sweet. 😉

1. The Mix1 Orange-Twist tastes like a creamsicle.

I’m not a fan of creamsicles, so I give this flavor an ‘eh.’

2. I’m in love with a yoga studio and it’s name is Yoga Loft. I returned to the studio this week and immensely enjoyed my 5 person class. The smaller class size – and personal attention – has really made me explore my practice deeper than I ever have before. I’m hoping to make this Thursday class a weekly thing. I think I may have found a favorite Tampa yoga studio! 😉

3. Arriving home at 9:00pm meant dinner was short and sweet.

English muffin + honey peanut butter + peach slices + cinnamon

Lemon Chobani + granola

4. No day is complete without dessert

5. It’s 10:00pm and Derek is already snoring on the couch. Football season has officially begun.

Good Night!

1 Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife September 8, 2011 at 10:28 pm

My dinner was somewhat similar–Greek yogurt, some fro yo, and a random half piece of a homemade enchilada. SOmetimes teaching fitness classes in the evening makes life a tad more exciting 😉
Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife recently posted..Fats + Thankful Thursday

2 Cara September 8, 2011 at 10:36 pm

Love peaches and cinnamon! Looks like a great dinner to me! I’m glad you finally found a studio in Tampa!

3 Deva (Voracious Vorilee) September 8, 2011 at 10:39 pm

I have never had peaches and cinnamon, but it looks really good. I love creamsicles, so I may have to seek out that mix1 drink!
Deva (Voracious Vorilee) recently posted..Misty, Gray, and Chilly

4 Gina @ Running to the Kitchen September 8, 2011 at 10:57 pm

I’m not a big creamsicle fan either. People always look at me like I’m crazy when I tell them that. Glad there are others out there 😉
Gina @ Running to the Kitchen recently posted..It’s official!

5 Brittany @ Itty Bits of Balance September 8, 2011 at 11:12 pm

mmm I could really go for a creamsicle right about now…
Brittany @ Itty Bits of Balance recently posted..Potato Babies

6 Chelsea @ Strawberry Sweat September 8, 2011 at 11:17 pm

I agree–no day is complete without dessert!
Chelsea @ Strawberry Sweat recently posted..Pandora’s New Workout Stations!

7 Jess@atasteofconfidence September 8, 2011 at 11:56 pm

I don’t like creamsicles either, and everyone else thinks I am crazy. Nice to know I am not alone.
Jess@atasteofconfidence recently posted..Our Trip: Absolute Nothingness and Stanley, Idaho

8 Lara @TresLaLa September 9, 2011 at 12:34 am

YAY for football season! And dessert! Love simple dinners like that – it seems so wrong, but tastes so right!
Lara @TresLaLa recently posted..… And, I dropped!

9 Katie September 9, 2011 at 1:02 am

Hi Meghann,

I’ve been reading your blog for at least the last two and a half years. Lately though, I’ve been bothered by the disregard for what packaging the foods you promote, and buy, comes in. There are lots and lots of pictures of products in tons of unnecessary plastic packaging on your blog.

I get that your sister works for Mix1 and all, but plastic recycling is largely a myth. As well, plastics are playing a major role in degrading the environment, as they stick around forever! Your Mix1 bottle gets 1 use and then spends an eternity degrading with the millions and millions of other bottles (where do they all end up?). The hard plastics are particularily damaging, as they take much much longer to decompose. Why not try making more smoothies at home instead? I know it is less convenient, but it doesn’t take 500+ years to decompose.

I know you don’t claim to be an environmentalist or anything, but you seem to at least care a little (for instance, you mentioned liking the dress made out of sustainably farmed bamboo).

Your blog is also definitely not alone in my critique. I have this across the blog world (and with bloggers who try to be much more “green”).

I hope you understand that I am not trying to be a jerk— just giving some honest feedback. Thanks for reading.

Here are some links about plastic if you’re interested:

10 Khushboo September 9, 2011 at 1:48 am

It’s always the simplest dinners which hit the spot!
Khushboo recently posted..Brown paper bag: week 4

11 MizFit September 9, 2011 at 6:26 am

love football (GO STEELERS!)
and covet y our ability to make the simple so lovely.

truly.
MizFit recently posted..Ahhh the guilt.

12 Hillary September 9, 2011 at 7:12 am

The only thing I got out of that post was HONEY PEANUT BUTTER. Now I need some. Like, now preferably. ; )
Hillary recently posted..Sauced

13 Allison September 9, 2011 at 8:19 am

Always gotta end on a sweet note!
Allison recently posted..Stay Dry Tomorrow!

14 Hope September 9, 2011 at 8:20 am

Mmmm..peaches and cinnamon sound yummy together! I must try it! 🙂

15 Ali @ Ali Runs September 9, 2011 at 9:38 am

Yum- I love creamsicle so that Mix1 would be right up my alley!
Ali @ Ali Runs recently posted..Send Help