Rained Out

by Meghann on September 6, 2011

One of the many disadvantages to an outdoor pool…

IMAG0904.jpg

Rain + Lightening + Thunder = Closed Pool πŸ™

I still had hope when I woke up this morning and saw the rain. I put my swim suit on, drove to the gym and started with NROLFW 3A. The goal was to start with strength training and hoped the rain passed before attempting the pool. Unfortunately the rain never stopped. I finished NROLFW and had to drive home. Hopefully the rain clears up before my track workout tonight.

Breakfast

• 1/2 cup Quaker Oatmeal Squares
  • 1/2 cup Erewhon Cocoa Brown Rice Crispies
  • 1/2 cup Kashi Go Lean Crisp
  • Stonyfield Vanilla Yogurt
  • 1/2 Peach

Confession: I spilled half this bowl on top of me and was quite literally eating spoonfuls of cereal out of my lap. Maddie helped clean up the rest.

Any other klutzes out there? Just me?

1 Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat September 6, 2011 at 9:27 am

Haha I frequently have to change my outfit for work in the morning after spilling some part of my breakfast on myself!! Sorry to hear about the rained-out pool! It’s not raining here (yet) but it is definitely chilly. Why does summer have to leave so fast?!
Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat recently posted..The King of Condiments

2 Shaya (Eye Girl Eats) September 6, 2011 at 9:29 am

Certified klutz, right here! At home, i try not to eat when wearing something I don’t want to get spilled on.

Worse– I tend to eat chocolate while laying down on my back, laptop perched on lap. Recipe for chocolate smudges in cleavage… that go unnoticed until out in public occasionally.

Rain may suck for public pools, but it’s fun sometimes when you’re in a hot tub!
Shaya (Eye Girl Eats) recently posted..Labored Day

3 Katie September 6, 2011 at 9:34 am

I’m right there with you girl! Though my newest “klutzy” act has been dropping the used coffee grounds on the floor on my way to the trashcan. Talk about a mess!
Katie recently posted..Music Monday

4 allpointswhole September 6, 2011 at 9:40 am

Way to go on pushing past the rain!! I usually just cover back up and roll over:)

5 Cat @Breakfast to Bed September 6, 2011 at 9:41 am

more so. absurdly klutzy with food. I also have a lazy epiglottis, so I choke on my drinks a lot. It never fails to make my siblings laugh, even though I’m 28 now and they’ve witnessed this for YEARS.
Cat @Breakfast to Bed recently posted..This Coffee Tastes Like Crap

6 Kate (What Kate is Cooking) September 6, 2011 at 9:43 am

You name it, I’ve dropped it… and probably eaten it off the floor / my lap. Yes, I’m disgusting πŸ™‚
Kate (What Kate is Cooking) recently posted..Make it Yourself Monday- Pumpkin Butter!

7 Brittany @ Itty Bits of Balance September 6, 2011 at 9:50 am

I am totally with you on being a klutz! My boyfriend, Will, laughs at me all the time because he insists that I can’t drink without spilling liquid all over myself πŸ™
Brittany @ Itty Bits of Balance recently posted..Eating with the Season

8 Kaitlin September 6, 2011 at 10:05 am

I love outdoor pools, but you’re right, rain sucks! One time in my outdoor pool there were a few ducks swimming in it! Then, of course, the pool had to close for 2 hours because the ducks could have defecated in it. Ew.
Kaitlin recently posted..How to Survive Your First Year of Grad School

9 Courtney September 6, 2011 at 10:05 am

I just barely made my swim today! My theory is that Mother Nature is sad that the long weekend is over, so she’s sending us some gloomy weather. πŸ˜›
Courtney recently posted..When Things Are Good, They’re Great!

10 Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife September 6, 2011 at 10:09 am

I spill breakfast stuff All.the.time! No worries!
Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife recently posted..Vegetarian Spaghetti

11 kathleen @ the daily crumb September 6, 2011 at 10:57 am

i spill food on myself all.the.time. it’s pretty ridiculous, i don’t wear white when i will be eating πŸ™‚

i was a swimmer in high school and we LOVED rainy, stormy days because there was always the slight chance practice would be cancelled!!
kathleen @ the daily crumb recently posted..double fisting.

12 Angela @ My Pinky Toes September 6, 2011 at 11:04 am

Yesterday I cleaned out my dog’s dish and filled it with fresh water and fresh food…then I dropped it and spilled it all over the kitchen floor. I think my dog felt bad for me because she ate the food right off the floor as I was wiping up water.
Angela @ My Pinky Toes recently posted..The Birth of My Pinky Friends

13 Heather @ Get Healthy with Heather September 6, 2011 at 11:06 am

Haha I feel like I’m always spilling on myself! Bummer about the rain + no swim πŸ™
Heather @ Get Healthy with Heather recently posted..Blackberry Lemon Cake Donuts {gluten free}

14 Jen September 6, 2011 at 11:20 am

Boo for getting rained out! My Y closes the INDOOR pool if there’s thunderstorms within 10 miles πŸ™
Jen recently posted..The 5 rules of the road

15 Meghann September 6, 2011 at 11:34 am

The indoor pool? That’s no fun!

16 Kate September 6, 2011 at 3:28 pm

My gym also closes the indoor pool during thunderstorms! They told me “lightning can still strike.” Not sure how that’s the case, but OK, I guess.
Kate recently posted..Long Days, Long Weekends

17 Cait's Plate September 6, 2011 at 11:48 am

Haha you are most DEFINITELY not alone! I literally knocked my entire cup of coffee over the other day. All over myself, my sister’s kitchen and her dog. Haha. I don’t even know how it happened! I was just standing there and suddenly I just dropped it!! How does that even happen!?
Cait’s Plate recently posted..Regular Routine, Different Scene

18 deva (voracious vorilee) September 6, 2011 at 11:52 am

I have gotten cream cheese in my eyebrows before – not cool. I learned the hard way why you shouldn’t play with the cats while eating cereal in the living room floor, too – my carpet smelled like protein powder for a week.
deva (voracious vorilee) recently posted..Chilly and Gray

19 Lindsay@ In Sweetness and In Health September 6, 2011 at 12:03 pm

I am definitely a klutz sometimes. I have all of these random bruises on my legs from running into things haha.
Lindsay@ In Sweetness and In Health recently posted..Why I Chose OT

20 Corey @ Learning Patience September 6, 2011 at 12:54 pm

Yes, I am a huge klutz…can’t believe I cook without cutting my fingers off… Spilling, tripping, falling, etc… That’s me!

It’s Truthful Tuesday today…hop on over and let it out!

xoxo from Trinidad
Corey @ Learning Patience recently posted..Truthful Tuesday – Let Your Truth Out

21 Nikki September 6, 2011 at 12:56 pm

I can relate to the outdoor swimming pool disappointments! I missed a lot of water bootcamp sessions this year because the pool was closed due to thunderstorms… at least the instructor honours the punch cards the following year as the pool is closed already for the year till next May here!
Nikki recently posted..Birthday cakes & Bubba’s Choice

22 Laura September 6, 2011 at 1:59 pm

M-
You are so amazingly motivated! I would most definitely roll over and pull the covers over my head if I woke up to rain on the morning of a swim workout. What keeps you so motivated to work out early in the morning? This is something I struggle with big-time. Do you have any mantras that you kind-of say over and over again to yourself to get your mo-jo going? You are an inspiration!
~Laura in Mississippi
Laura recently posted..Hello, Mo Jo

23 Meghann September 6, 2011 at 2:26 pm

That’s why I’m constantly training for something – that’s what keeps me motivated. πŸ™‚

24 Amanda September 6, 2011 at 2:10 pm

You are NOT alone. I’m usually good with carrying things (I can do that whole 4 plate thing) and not spilling, but eating? Ruined many a shirt by dropping oily pasta on it πŸ™ This is also why I will not wear white. I just don’t want to tempt fate πŸ™‚
Amanda recently posted..the liebster…it’s kind of German

25 Andi September 6, 2011 at 4:04 pm

Everyone’s klutzy for sure sometimes–you’re not the only one, no worries!

That said, I’m a little worried that you let Maddie eat cocoa cereal, even if it was just a teeny amount. Chocolate is literally poisonous to dogs, and even if she doesn’t get sick because of the small amount, it’s really not a good idea to let her have any, ever.

26 Ali @ Ali Runs September 6, 2011 at 7:59 pm

The other day I spilled an entire glass of wine all over the floor because I wasn’t paying attention. Such a pain! Hope the rain cleared up for you!
Ali @ Ali Runs recently posted..Oak Tree Half Marathon Recap

27 Sophie September 7, 2011 at 2:29 am

Haha I spill food down me all the time. Normally in the morning when I’ve just arrived at school and have a new clean top on! Oops!
Sophie recently posted..Definitely Not Lost For Words.

28 Anne September 7, 2011 at 4:19 am

I have to agree with Andi’s comment. Chocolate is toxic to dogs. Did you not know this?