more ยป" />

Breakfast Burrito

by Meghann on September 4, 2011

Good Morning. ๐Ÿ™‚

It’s a peaceful Sunday around here.

Slept 9 hours. Had breakfast prepared for me. Did absolutely nothing. Was lazy in every way. Perfect.

If you haven’t caught on yet, my Dad loves to experiment in the kitchen. My Mom isn’t quite as adventurous of an eater as the rest of the clan, so when ever any of the kids come home, my Dad jumps on the chance to show off his latest creations.

This morning that latest creation was my Dad’s take on a breakfast burrito.

He started with his perfected mix of black beans, corn, onion, red peppers, and various seasonings, that he heated on the stovetop then transferred into a tortilla with cheese.

Next, he added two scrambled eggs.

He folded everything in tight and finished with a little browning in the pan.

Served with bacon.

I told my Dad the next time the bacon should go in the burrito, but besides that it was the perfect mix of spicy and cheesy. ๐Ÿ™‚

My Mom doesn’t know what she’s missing. The burrito rocked. ๐Ÿ™‚

The boys are off to golf, so my Mom and I are trying to come up with some girly things to do today. Pedicures? A movie? Shopping? Sounds good to me!

1 Sweet and Savvy September 4, 2011 at 10:57 am

The breakfast burrito looks awesome! Your dad has a good creation there. ๐Ÿ™‚ have fun with girly activities today!

2 Chloe (In Fine Feather) September 4, 2011 at 11:05 am

That’s a great idea to brown the burrito in the pan. Lazy Sundays are the best – especially when you are at home with parents to take care of you!
Chloe (In Fine Feather) recently posted..GO DUCKS!!!

3 Mallory @ It's Only Life September 4, 2011 at 11:05 am

Looks amazing! You’re right, I think the bacon inside the burrito would’ve been awesome– but it looks awesome either way!
Mallory @ It’s Only Life recently posted..Saturday Date Night

4 Cat @Breakfast to Bed September 4, 2011 at 11:10 am

I fell in love with breakfast burritos/tacos when visiting my mom in San Antonio. I love barbacoa and eggs with pico and lots of jalapenos. They rock my world. I would very much like your dad, I think.
Cat @Breakfast to Bed recently posted..Lazy Sunday.

5 Cait's Plate September 4, 2011 at 11:12 am

The things you make at home for breakfast are the things I order out for it. Haha. That looks absolutely incredible (I know I say this about everything you eat but it’s really the exact thought that goes through my head!). Have a wonderful Sunday!

6 Biz September 4, 2011 at 11:22 am

Hooray for your Dad’s cooking! Enjoy your girly time with your Momma!
Biz recently posted..My Bizzy Kitchen Turns Three!

7 Hillary September 4, 2011 at 11:32 am

I kind of wish your dad had made me breakfast this morning. Sounds awesome!
Hillary recently posted..Cookie Within a Cookie

8 Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife September 4, 2011 at 11:37 am

I’d say all of the above–shopping, pedicures, and a MOVIE ๐Ÿ™‚

Your dad sounds so cool!

9 Army Amy* September 4, 2011 at 11:40 am

I love girly time with my mom. Have fun!*
Army Amy* recently posted..Col. Mustard in the Study with the Rope

10 Mary @ Bites and Bliss September 4, 2011 at 11:43 am

My brother’s the unadventurous one when it comes to eating in our family. While we’d all be enjoying this, he’d be missing out with his bowl of cereal. It pays to be adventurous!
Mary @ Bites and Bliss recently posted..Rainy running

11 kathleen September 4, 2011 at 12:02 pm

Holy YUM! You are so lucky your dad can cook like that!! Have a great day with your mom ๐Ÿ™‚

12 Liz @ Southern Charm September 4, 2011 at 1:22 pm

I want the burrito! Yumm!!!!

Enjoy girls day with your mom!!

13 Jenny @ Fitness Health and Food September 4, 2011 at 1:32 pm

mmmm I totally agree that the bacon should go in the burrito yum-my! ๐Ÿ™‚
Jenny @ Fitness Health and Food recently posted..Nature Love: Hiking in Maudslay State Park in Newburyport

14 Brittany @ Itty Bits of Balance September 4, 2011 at 1:52 pm

Haha aw that’s adorable that your dad looks forward to you guys being in town so he can show off his cooking. That sounds very similar to what my brother does– he smokes a chicken like nobody’s business.
Brittany @ Itty Bits of Balance recently posted..Chocolate Chip Protein Cookies

15 rachel September 4, 2011 at 2:16 pm

I bloody love your dad! Awesome burrito!!!!

16 Emily@SavoryandSavage September 4, 2011 at 2:46 pm

Wow, your dad sure can cook. I would love to wake up and have someone cooking up a breakfast burrito with bacon no less ๐Ÿ™‚
Emily@SavoryandSavage recently posted..Creamy, cheesy "grits" with grilled corn

17 Kate (What Kate is Cooking) September 4, 2011 at 2:56 pm

That’s cool that your dad is such a good cook! My dad makes awesome desserts, but he rarely bakes anymore because I handle the baking now. My cheesecake doesn’t compare to his, though ๐Ÿ™‚
Kate (What Kate is Cooking) recently posted..The Three Sโ€™s of September

18 Candice September 4, 2011 at 3:13 pm

How awesome is your dad?! lucky girl!! His burrito looks amazing!! have a good sunday!

19 Nikki September 4, 2011 at 3:38 pm

Oh…. I want a breakfast burrito!! Maybe your Dad should have come and cooked for me when he was in Alberta! I love creations…especially when I don’t have to make them! BTW I saw on twitter you made fig pizza… I had that last night for supper too! I can’t wait to see the combo you came up with compared to my helter skelter one!
Nikki recently posted..Pumpkin Quinoa Pancakes

20 Heather @ Get Healthy with Heather September 4, 2011 at 4:37 pm

So cool that your dad is adventurous in the kitchen! Those look like they rock!
Heather @ Get Healthy with Heather recently posted..Prepping, teaching and truly loving that first group fitness class

21 Lisa (bakebikeblog) September 4, 2011 at 5:47 pm

oooh what a great breakfast idea!
Lisa (bakebikeblog) recently posted..Sunday Spelt Pide โ€“ take 2

22 Kiah September 4, 2011 at 7:22 pm

Breakfast burritos make my world go round! Glad someone else is enjoying the love that is BBs ๐Ÿ™‚
Kiah recently posted..kissing September

23 CJ @ http://healthy-happy-whole.com/ September 4, 2011 at 8:34 pm

that looks awesome!!! like Chipotle for breakfast! Yum!!!

24 Matteson @ Healthy High Schooler September 4, 2011 at 9:37 pm

I love reading about your Dad’s latest creations. It’s awesome that he’s always eager to cook for you!
Matteson @ Healthy High Schooler recently posted..Road trip to Asheville!

25 Stephanie @ Love Life Project September 4, 2011 at 10:20 pm

Ooooh..that looks good! I have a weakness for eggs and cheese. Throw in black beans, and I’m yours!
Stephanie @ Love Life Project recently posted..Reader Grab Bag – August 28th to September 3rd

26 Christine September 4, 2011 at 10:22 pm

yum yum yum!!!
Christine recently posted..Welcome Fall

27 Baking N Books September 4, 2011 at 10:58 pm

My father used to be the same way in the kitchen. Unfortunately, they usually appealed to his (weird) taste buds…and we’d end up with toast.

Did you get a movie in today?
Baking N Books recently posted..Final Thought