more ยป" />

Taco love

by Meghann on September 2, 2011

We made it safe and sound to my parents’ house!

Currently…

Maddie is running laps in pure joy.

Derek is enjoying a beer.

And I’m blogging.

All is right with the world. ๐Ÿ™‚

Earlier this afternoon I enjoyed my last two figs grilled on top of two New Morning Cinnamon Graham Crackers.

Grilling the figs enhanced their natural sweetness. They were ooey, gooey, and perfect on the cinnamon goodness of the graham cracker. Love.

We stopped at the Taco Bus on our way out of town for a quick and easy dinner.

Their chicken tacos are the best chicken tacos I’ve ever had. It doesn’t take much to convince me to delay our trip 30 minutes to stop at Taco Bus.

mmm…. tacos

Maddie is a fan too.

I brought ‘Taking Charge of Your Fertility’ for the car ride over and instead of reading it, Derek and I just discussed the interesting illustrations and diagrams that came in it. I ordered the book off of Amazon earlier this week and it’s a little different than I expected. More text book than story, but still very informative.

I just had a mini bowl of ice cream with my Dad and am ready for bed. My little brother and I have a 6:00am bike ride planned for the morning – should be fun!

Good Night!

1 TheHungeredOne@MovingandMunching September 2, 2011 at 10:05 pm

Those figs look delicious! Your pup is so super cute and I want some tacos now D:

2 Andrea @ Run, Eat, Date, Sleep September 2, 2011 at 10:05 pm

Where is the Taco Bus located? I think I may need to try these awesome chicken tacos?
Andrea @ Run, Eat, Date, Sleep recently posted..One Year Vision

3 Meghann September 3, 2011 at 12:49 pm

It’s off Hillsborough in Tampa. Let me know if you ever come over this way!

4 Army Amy* September 2, 2011 at 10:17 pm

Every time you post pics of Taco Bus food, I get so jealous! It looks so yummy and there is nothing like that where I live!*
Army Amy* recently posted..Clothes on the Floor

5 Silvia @ skinny jeans food September 2, 2011 at 10:24 pm

haha, “little” brother….. sounds like a fun fam weekend!!
Silvia @ skinny jeans food recently posted..Fall superpowers.

6 Michelle @ Crazy*Running*Legs September 2, 2011 at 10:25 pm

Oh man, that book can be SO funny in the wrong hands (especially since you just ate tacos – lol)! Love it though and helped me through fertility issues ๐Ÿ™‚ Happy weekend!
Michelle @ Crazy*Running*Legs recently posted..Flashback Friday

7 Gina @ Running to the Kitchen September 2, 2011 at 11:14 pm

That’s one of those books I’ve been meaning to get/read for awhile now. Enjoy the night at home!
Gina @ Running to the Kitchen recently posted..Massage this…

8 Lara @TresLaLa September 2, 2011 at 11:17 pm

I just got the book in the mail today from Amazon too (the recommendations on your comments urged me to get it!). I’ll start it during tonight’s pre-bedtime reading.
PS: I saw a Jack Russell today and though, “OH, she looks so much like Maddy!” Super dork (creeper?). Sorry.

9 Crystal September 2, 2011 at 11:28 pm

Taking Charge of Your Fertility is a good book for learning about what is going on, but so many women mistake it as a replacement for birth control. It can help you make a baby, but in itself it isn’t a birth control method. It’s a worthwhile read though, for sure!

10 J3nn (Jenn's Menu and Lifestyle Blog) September 3, 2011 at 1:33 am

Yum, your taco dinner looks perfecto! Muy delicious!
J3nn (Jenn’s Menu and Lifestyle Blog) recently posted..Chebe Gluten-free Bread Mix and The Return of Our Cable

11 Chuck September 3, 2011 at 1:49 am

So it’s good? I haven’t been but I’ve seen it on Yelp and want to try it soon! TweetUp!?
Chuck recently posted..Coconut Meat Sauce

12 Meghann September 3, 2011 at 12:51 pm

Yes! It’s amazing! I could eat there everyday and be happy ๐Ÿ™‚

13 Brittany @ Itty Bits of Balance September 3, 2011 at 7:01 am

I have 2 containers of figs and have been trying to decide how to use them! Grilling is now a strong possibility ๐Ÿ™‚
Brittany @ Itty Bits of Balance recently posted..Froyo for Lunch

14 corey @ Learning Patience September 3, 2011 at 8:44 am

That taco picture made me miss Houston…oh Mexican food – I miss thee..

xoxo from Trinidad
corey @ Learning Patience recently posted..What Should I Buy Organic? A Cheat Sheet

15 Hillary September 3, 2011 at 8:50 am

I’ve read a little bit about Taking Charge of Your Fertility (maybe on Gina or Caitlin’s blog? I can’t remember!) It sounds really interesting! Let us know what you think.
Hillary recently posted..Rookie Mistake

16 Laura @ LauraLikesDesign September 3, 2011 at 10:37 am

Those tacos look so good and fresh!
Laura @ LauraLikesDesign recently posted..Five Four Three Two One, Go!

17 Stephanie @ Love Life Project September 3, 2011 at 10:40 am

Taking Charge of your Fertility is – in my opinion – one of the best books about women’s bodies. It’s kind of dry and can be overwhelming, but I learned so much when I read it.
Stephanie @ Love Life Project recently posted..Reader Grab Bag – August 28th to September 3rd

18 Sophie September 3, 2011 at 6:10 pm

Everytime I see you mention the taco bus I wish there was one near me! It looks so cool, and the food ALWAYS looks so goooooooood!
Sophie recently posted..Checking In!

19 Megan September 3, 2011 at 7:04 pm

Loved TCOYF. I actually read it bc I was trying to get pregnant. You can put the fertilityfriend website’s app on your phone. The woman’s body is amazing, it left me in awe of all it can handle.