more ยป" />

Hot Run. Cold breakfast.

by Meghann on September 1, 2011

Good Morning!

I was up bright and early this morning for a good run around the neighborhood. I took a few new side roads and ended up completing 6 miles in a little less than an hour.

I started out feeling painfully slow, but, once I was warmed up, I found my groove and felt comfortable just running. It was the first run in a while where I didn’t feel the need to stop or take breaks – it felt great.

The run was hot.

Breakfast was cold.

Smoothie in a bowl. What else? ๐Ÿ˜‰

In the blender:

• Frozen Mango
  • Frozen Pineapple
  • Spinach
  • Milk
  • Xanthum Gum
  • Chia Seeds
  • Chocolate Whey Protein Powder (Whole Foods brand)

On top:

• Love Grown Apple Walnut Granola (via HLS swag bag)

The apple walnut Love Grown was good, but I think I prefer the cinnamon raisin flavor. The cinnamon raisin has a little more of an intense flavor and really pops out, instead of fading into the background like the apple walnut did. ๐Ÿ™‚

For all my Tampa friends:

A great deal popped up in my inbox this morning for Swing Yoga at Downtown Tampa Yoga.

Screen shot 2011-09-01 at 9.20.34 AM.png

If you were holding back on trying it, here’s your chance for a great price. Here’s the link for the deal and if you use the code REFER-TFHRZ (<–personal referral code means I get a small kick back) for 10% off your purchase at check out!

Check out my own experience with swing yoga here.

Can’t wait to try it again!!

Any good group deals in your area today?!

1 Brynn September 1, 2011 at 9:39 am

Swing yoga looks like SO much fun! I wonder if there are any classes like that in Michigan. I love trying new classes. Have a great day!
Brynn recently posted..Everything is Bigger in Texas!

2 Cait's Plate September 1, 2011 at 9:41 am

That’s probably one of the workouts I’m most jealous of that you’ve featured on the blog. Though that trampoline bouncing room looked pretty awesome as well…

I got WAY too into buying Groupons and Living Socials for a while so I had to cut myself off before I went broke! I figured AFTER I use all the ones I got, I can think about getting more ๐Ÿ™‚
Cait’s Plate recently posted..Fall is Here!

3 Meghann September 1, 2011 at 9:43 am

The same thing happened to me! Lately I’ve just been hold out for good ones. However, this was the third yoga themed deal I’ve purchased this week – obviously I’m itching to have yoga back in my life after HIM training is over. ๐Ÿ™‚

4 Cait's Plate September 1, 2011 at 9:50 am

I don’t blame you ONE bit – getting yoga back in your life is always such a good feeling. I need to get MORE of it back in mine!
Cait’s Plate recently posted..Fall is Here!

5 Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat September 1, 2011 at 9:45 am

I wish our local deals were as exciting as yours! They tend to always be for cellulite removal, laser hair removal, and window cleaning – none of which do I need!! Your swing yoga experience looked very cool though!
Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat recently posted..5 Goals for September

6 Sweet and Savvy September 1, 2011 at 9:54 am

I need to pick up some frozen mango and pineapple! That sounds soo good in a smoothie bowl:)
Sweet and Savvy recently posted..WIAW + Spiced Vanilla Chai Oat Recipe

7 Ashley O. @ The Vegetable Life September 1, 2011 at 9:58 am

I tried to make a cold smoothie for breakfast today too but I broke my blender. It was a sad, sad morning!
Ashley O. @ The Vegetable Life recently posted..Let There Be Light & A Simple Single Lady Dinner

8 Jordan @ food, sweat, and beers September 1, 2011 at 10:18 am

You’re like a monkey hanging from that thing!!

There’s a pretty sweet deal for 3 months access to a local YMCA in Chapel Hill, which I’m contemplating for the sake of getting some pool/sauna time in come the winter time…. maybe some swimming will do me good.
Jordan @ food, sweat, and beers recently posted..Delirium Tremens Review: Great Expectations

9 mary September 1, 2011 at 10:25 am

Swing yoga looks awesome! I wonder if there’s anything like that in the Raleigh / Durham area!
mary recently posted..September Goals

10 Cat @Breakfast to Bed September 1, 2011 at 11:34 am

There is a REALLY good one in Brooklyn for Brooklyn Boulders, which is a rock climbing indoor park. It’s AWESOME!
Cat @Breakfast to Bed recently posted..Socks With Sandals and other awesomeness

11 Kait @ One Love Run September 1, 2011 at 11:40 am

ah thats looks so cool! and fun! I may or may not fall flat on my face if I ever tried to do it, but I bet it would be worth it!
Kait @ One Love Run recently posted..Paddling Away

12 Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife September 1, 2011 at 11:48 am

I love a hot workout with a cold b-fast after. It feels OH soo good!

What a great deal for those that live nearby!

13 Cait @ Cait hates Cake September 1, 2011 at 12:30 pm

That swing yoga looks SO FUN! I’m jealous, I want to try it. Haven’t seen it here in Chicago.
Cait @ Cait hates Cake recently posted..Watermelon Jello Shots (Vegan)

14 Angela @ My Pinky Toes September 1, 2011 at 1:19 pm

Oh my goodness, swing yoga looks so fun! I’ve never even heard of it!!! One of my September goals is to do yoga…it’d be great if I could find one in my area!
Angela @ My Pinky Toes recently posted..What To Do Now? September Goals

15 Shaya (Eye Girl Eats) September 1, 2011 at 1:28 pm

No fun group deals here lately, but then I’m still trying to use up some yoga class I got a few months ago on Groupon ๐Ÿ™‚

Your smoothie looks yummy! Making me regret my breakfast wrap!
Shaya (Eye Girl Eats) recently posted..Chocolate Chip Coconut Socca

16 gia September 1, 2011 at 1:53 pm

6 miles under an hour is great!! Intermediate level for sure. Good for you! Your morning workouts have really inspired me to do the same.. ( I just realized it). Thanks for the recipes, and the workouts! You have really inspired me with your smiling face. I want the same smile and this morning I have it after a good walk/jog/row/cross training session at the gym this morning. Life is good when you live it!

17 Laura T. September 1, 2011 at 3:06 pm

I picked up a group on today for a mani/pedi at a local salon for $27! Cant wait to cash it in next week ๐Ÿ™‚

18 Mary @ Bites and Bliss September 1, 2011 at 3:19 pm

My 6 miler was the exact same this morning. It started off feeling so slow but a lot better once my legs finally flushed out and I got into the groove.
Mary @ Bites and Bliss recently posted..Ride here, ride there

19 Melody September 2, 2011 at 12:18 am

I’ve been wanting to try a Zumba class lately and I saw one on my Groupon daily deals yesterday. I sort of regret not getting it while I had the chance but I’ve just been SO busy lately.
That sort of rope work reminds me of when I was in the circus. The tissue ropes were my second favorite (behind the trapeze). I haven’t been on one in forever though!
Melody recently posted..Valentineโ€™s Oats

20 Sophie September 3, 2011 at 3:46 am

I love the idea of smootie in a bowl – I really must try that and OOIAJ before Winter sets in!
Sophie recently posted..The One Where I Pour My Heart Out.