National Dog Day

by Meghann on August 26, 2011

Happy National Dog Day!

(Source)

I’m dedicating this day to a few of my favorite dogs in my life…

Maddie (the love of my life)

Scooby (the original love of my life and main man of my parents’ lives)

Oliver (the love of my sister’s life, but he has a soft stop in my life too)

IMG_8284.jpg

Sadie (the other love of my sister’s life and Oliver’s life)

The best group of dogs any girl could ask for. πŸ™‚

I’m a dog person. Clearly. πŸ˜‰

Everyday is dog day around here. Maddie rules the house.

Comfy, girl? Wouldn’t want to get in the way of your nap time.

I still love her.

Even when she breaks free from her crate. Or sheds everywhere. Or has an accident. Or tries to eat my lunch.

IMG_2045.JPG

Maddie isn’t a fan of vegetables, but when I’m in the kitchen she assumes it’s something good and parks her butt at my feet. A piece of spinach or tomato falls and she’ll immediately go after it, give it a sniff, and then turns back to me as if there’s something better up there. she has high hopes a piece of juicy steak will fall one day.

IMG_2046.JPG

No steak today, Maddie. Just a colorful salad of spinach, tomatoes, roasted red pepper, raisins, pretzels pieces, tabouli, northern beans, and goat cheese. You know – all things you hate (minus the beans and cheese), but Mama loves. πŸ˜‰

IMG_2041.JPG

I snagged a piece of Melissa’s cookies & cream fudge for dessert.

IMG_2050.JPG

No chocolate for dogs, though. Sorry Maddie!

1 Mallory @ It's Only Life August 26, 2011 at 4:06 pm

YUM- that salad looks delicious! Those dogs are adorable (said by a cat person)
Mallory @ It’s Only Life recently posted..Giveaway Winner + Guest Post

2 Jenny @ Fitness Health and Food August 26, 2011 at 4:08 pm

I didn’t know it was national dog day!! I’m so glad that I took my pup Mo for a 6 mile run this morning – he loves running so very much!

Dogs really are a girls best friend πŸ˜€
Jenny @ Fitness Health and Food recently posted..Five for Friday

3 Meaghan O'Connor @ My Spoonful of Inspiration August 26, 2011 at 4:08 pm

I’ll have to show my puppy Addie some extra love today πŸ™‚ not that I don’t love her enough already. She makes my heart melt.
Meaghan O’Connor @ My Spoonful of Inspiration recently posted..Mood Swings

4 Shaya (Eye Girl Eats) August 26, 2011 at 4:11 pm

Happy dog day!! hope you celebrate by giving Maddie an extra delicious treat πŸ™‚

Your salad beast looks amazing. I need to make one with raisins + pretzels in it!

5 Brittany @ Itty Bits of Balance August 26, 2011 at 4:12 pm

Yey! Happy dog day! My doggie isn’t with me because I’m away at school– But I’m confident that he’s celebrating back at home
Brittany @ Itty Bits of Balance recently posted..Story of My Hurr (Hair)

6 erica August 26, 2011 at 4:12 pm

Happy national dog day!!!!
erica recently posted..let the festivities begin!

7 Hillary August 26, 2011 at 4:29 pm

I would totally beg for that salad…and that fudge!
Hillary recently posted..Night By Numbers

8 Gina @ Running to the Kitchen August 26, 2011 at 4:30 pm

My dog won’t even look at a fruit or vegetable either. I tell her all the time there’s no way she can be related to me when she’s such a picky eater πŸ˜‰
Gina @ Running to the Kitchen recently posted..Friday things

9 Julie @ There and Back Again August 26, 2011 at 4:32 pm

I love random holidays like that! They are a great excuse to celebrate the little (or big) things in life that don’t make it on to most calendar but still hold a special place in our hearts πŸ˜€
Julie @ There and Back Again recently posted..This Place About to Blow!

10 Amanda at the red table August 26, 2011 at 4:42 pm

Oh Maddie! So cute! She reminds me of my dog Wren — is Maddie a Jack Russell? My dog likes to sit in my lap while I blog too. Too funny! But weirdly Wren LOVES veggies, especially zucchini and squash. Crazy little pups.

11 Lyndsi @ Lyndsi and David August 26, 2011 at 4:46 pm

Yay! Happy dog day!
Lyndsi @ Lyndsi and David recently posted..24

12 Corey @ Learning Patience August 26, 2011 at 4:59 pm

Happy Doggie Day!
xoxo from Trinidad
Corey @ Learning Patience recently posted..Pear, Cranberry and Chocolate Crisp

13 Sophie August 26, 2011 at 5:45 pm

Cute pics! We’re all dog peole around here too πŸ™‚ (ps – saw your hair pic on twitter – looking hot!)
Sophie recently posted..Thought For Friday!

14 Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife August 26, 2011 at 6:06 pm

I am lovin’ on the goat cheese lately too! SOO delish!

I am not really a dog person….but I am okay with that πŸ™‚
Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife recently posted..Broccoli Slaw Salad

15 Army Amy* August 26, 2011 at 6:11 pm

I’ll have to give my doggie some extra tummy scratches in honor of National Dog Day!*
Army Amy* recently posted..Tear drops in my classroom

16 Ali @ Ali Runs August 26, 2011 at 6:19 pm

My dogs are the worst beggers too!! If they even hear the bread drawer open, they will sprint from wherever they are laying to the kitchen. It’s so pathetic but obviously adorable. πŸ˜‰
Ali @ Ali Runs recently posted..I <3 Lob-stah!

17 Tracey August 26, 2011 at 7:23 pm

Our family dog is a jack Russell too and she loves veggies – especially salad with vinagrette dressing!

18 Amanda August 26, 2011 at 7:44 pm

What awesome dogs! It looks like you all found your puppy-soulmates. I’ll have to give Reddick an extra hug or two today for National Dog Day.
Amanda recently posted..Someone You Should Know: Clayton Anderson

19 Amanda August 26, 2011 at 8:39 pm

Thanks for the info! Going to give my pooch an extra hug and kiss right now! πŸ™‚

20 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake August 26, 2011 at 8:57 pm

I LOVE dogs! And you’ve got a bunch of cuties. I have a soft spot for boxers!
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..Farmers Market Finds

21 BroccoliHut August 26, 2011 at 9:01 pm

Great post! I always love Maddie pictures:)
I had some chocolate tonight for dessert too–Margot was seriously disappointed that she couldn’t have any!
BroccoliHut recently posted..Seven Links

22 Emily @ Comfortable Home Life August 26, 2011 at 10:55 pm

Does it count if I eat a veggie hot dog? I don’t have an actual dog to love on… wah! All the dogs in your life are adorable!

23 Cait's Plate August 26, 2011 at 10:59 pm

Ah! Loved this post! I wish I had known about this day – I would have done a post dedicated to my stister’s crazy (yet adorable) dog!!
Cait’s Plate recently posted..The Essentials

24 Jessica @ Sushi and Sit-Ups August 27, 2011 at 11:23 am

I had no idea it is National Dog Day! Although, everyday feels like dog day in our house. We have one pampered pup.

25 Brittney August 27, 2011 at 3:44 pm

Precious! My cat sits right in front of my lap when I’m on my laptop too.
Brittney recently posted..Let’s try something new

26 Allison August 27, 2011 at 9:22 pm

Aw, such a cute post! I wish I had a puppy to celebrate with… I’m pushing one on my fiance and momma- keep your fingers crossed!
Allison recently posted..Goat-tastic Tuna and Italian Toasted Tortilla Chips

27 Mara Shorr @ The Leone Company August 28, 2011 at 11:51 am

Lovin’ the Dog Day photos! As the mama of two large pups (a 55-pound lab and a 110-pound American Bulldog-St. Bernard rescue mutt), I totally understand where you’re coming from πŸ™‚ Although, mine really, really love veggies πŸ˜‰
Mara Shorr @ The Leone Company recently posted..A β€œP&P” Kind of Day

28 Danielle Dillard August 28, 2011 at 5:00 pm

I love all the pups in your life! Scooby is a boxer like my pup Winston. I love that picture of Maggie sitting on Derek – sooo cute!
Danielle Dillard recently posted..It’s So Easy to Be Lazy!