Runner Girl

by Meghann on August 25, 2011

This morning was a running morning.

5 miles. 48 minutes. Done.

I didn’t have any specific workout plans when I woke up this morning, but I was jonsing for a run. I took off around my neighbor and did an easy loop.

School started back this week and back to school traffic was in full force. Lots of kids, lots of cars, and lots of stop and go. I miss summer already.

Summer maybe over for all the schools, but the summer heat is still in full force. I cooled down after the run with a smoothie in a bowl

IMG_1987.JPG

In the mix:

• Frozen cherries
  • Spinach
  • Vanilla Silk
  • Xanthum gum
  • Chocolate whey protein powder
  • Chia seeds

On top

IMG_1991.JPG

It was like chocolate cherry ice cream. πŸ™‚

Do you know what today is?!?!

It’s August 25th <—- exactly ONE MONTH away from the Augusta Half Ironman on September 25th!!!!!!

So. Close. πŸ™‚

1 allpointswhole August 25, 2011 at 9:39 am

That looks yummy but its chilly here so I broke out the crock pot for three meals this week!

2 Meghann August 25, 2011 at 9:50 am

Jealous of the chilly-ness!

3 Kate (What Kate is Cooking) August 25, 2011 at 9:44 am

I had a similar smoothie for dinner last night πŸ™‚ It stilll feels like summer here, which is weird because it wasn’t that hot the past few months!

4 Allison @ Food For Healing August 25, 2011 at 9:54 am

Yesterday was one month til my FIRST ever 5K!!! Sept 24, so exciting
Allison @ Food For Healing recently posted..YA TOAST

5 wymberley August 25, 2011 at 9:59 am

great run. i need to research the xanthum gum. You have mentioned it and it peaked my curiosity. I noticed it appears in my smoothie powder too.
wymberley recently posted..Road Trip For Border Thai Food

6 Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat August 25, 2011 at 10:00 am

Yummm! Looks like a refreshing way to cool down after your run! It’s getting chilly here but my smoothies are still in full force!
Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat recently posted..You need to make this salad

7 Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife August 25, 2011 at 10:03 am

I had a smoothie today too, so SO delish! Hit the spot after my sweaty run too πŸ™‚
Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife recently posted..When Calories Matter + Thankful Thursday

8 The Teenage Taste August 25, 2011 at 10:07 am

I always crave smoothies after sweaty runs! They help me cool off and stay hydrated…oh yeah and they are also delicious! πŸ˜›
The Teenage Taste recently posted..Naturally Fuel with Almond, Date and Coconut Energy Balls

9 Stepfanie August 25, 2011 at 10:09 am

The idea of a HIM is so daunting to me. You’re super inspiring!

10 Jen August 25, 2011 at 10:20 am

Why is the August Half Ironman taking place in September!? : )

11 Meghann August 25, 2011 at 10:26 am

It’s the Augusta Half Ironman in Georgia.

12 Jen August 25, 2011 at 10:46 am

Oh! Ha ha! That’s what I get for speed reading blogs on my lunch hour!! : )
Good luck! I don’t think I could do anything like that… The idea of having to prepare so intensely (which some people would find motivating) would just stress me out!

13 Gina @ Running to the Kitchen August 25, 2011 at 10:29 am

Ahh, so close! Are you nervous? I kind of feel nervous for you! haha πŸ™‚
Gina @ Running to the Kitchen recently posted..10K training update: the good & the bad

14 michelle August 25, 2011 at 10:50 am

I can’t believe it is just a month away. It feels like you just started training. Time is flying.
michelle recently posted..Long Time No See

15 Ashley O. @ The Vegetable Life August 25, 2011 at 11:09 am

I can’t believe that kids are already going back to school. This summer FLEW by! But, I must admit I am getting pumped for Fall Festivals and Fall weather!!!
Ashley O. @ The Vegetable Life recently posted..Easy Cheesy Veggie Lasagna & A Coupon GIVEAWAY!

16 Sophie August 25, 2011 at 11:13 am

Can’t believe summer holidays are over already πŸ™
Sophie recently posted..Packing 18 Years In To Boxes.

17 Shaya (Eye Girl Eats) August 25, 2011 at 11:39 am

You’re going to rock that race, girl!

I’m looking forward to the back-to-school weather of Washington state– mid 60’s sound real good right now. I really miss sipping a hot beverage in the morning!
Shaya (Eye Girl Eats) recently posted..Froyo Solo

18 Mallory @ It's Only Life August 25, 2011 at 11:43 am

You will be amazing! πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚
Mallory @ It’s Only Life recently posted..Lunch Date + More Shopping

19 Cait's Plate August 25, 2011 at 12:06 pm

Ahhh it’s so close!!!

20 Dina @ DinaRuns August 25, 2011 at 12:11 pm

I cannot wait for the heat to calm down a bit. Maybe in the next few months? πŸ™‚

21 Yolie @ Practising Wellness August 25, 2011 at 12:13 pm

Mmm…your smoothie in a bowl looks so fresh and tasty and delicious…I have yet to make one myself, but yours are really really tempting me, lol! πŸ™‚ What a great workout…love that. Have a great day! xyx
Yolie @ Practising Wellness recently posted..in print

22 Brittany @ Itty Bits of Balance August 25, 2011 at 12:18 pm

Yeyy!
(I love the “August” half marathon comment above me πŸ˜€ )
Brittany @ Itty Bits of Balance recently posted..Caboodles of Noodles

23 Jana August 25, 2011 at 12:22 pm

Hi!
Since you are a Florida girl, how do you prepare for hurricanes? Irene is soon approaching :S

24 Meghann August 25, 2011 at 12:57 pm

Florida people are the wrong ones to ask. We don’t prepare for hurricanes, we’ve all been dooped to many times. πŸ™

25 Jana August 25, 2011 at 1:11 pm

Really???? WOW, this New Yorker is in for a rude awakening Sunday…. and that’s not just because of my Wisdom teeth coming out.

26 Jessica @ Sushi and Sit-Ups August 25, 2011 at 1:05 pm

I know summer is coming to an end, but it sure doesn’t feel like it! It’s hot hot hot out!
Jessica @ Sushi and Sit-Ups recently posted..Paco’s

27 Jess (In My Healthy Opinion) August 25, 2011 at 2:23 pm

I can’t believe it’s almost fall.. I’d pretty much kill to still have Florida heat lingering around!

Looove the smoothie.. I’m obsessed with them!
Jess (In My Healthy Opinion) recently posted..Yoga is Easy

28 Mary @ Bites and Bliss August 25, 2011 at 3:45 pm

Ahh that’s exciting! It has to be nice to see the finish line ahead of you after all the training!