Meat Fix

by Meghann on August 25, 2011

I discovered a new favorite snack: graham cracker with Naturally Nutty White Chocolate Coconut Peanut Butter.

IMG_2004.JPG

Oh, yes. This was good. Expect to see it again. And again. And again. πŸ˜‰

It was also the highlight of my afternoon, way ahead of errand running and number crunching. Number crunching bites.

Another highlight was finding time to head to The Fresh Market for a pound of their ground sirloin. Burgers were on the menu for tonight!

IMG_2006.JPG

mmmm…. meat.

IMG_2021.JPG

The burgers were simple, just a mix of meat, random seasonings from my cabinet (I went heavy on the garlic), soy sauce, and bread crumbs. The pound of meat made three burgers that were grilled on the George Foreman. I had mine on a bed of spinach with some ketchup and mustard.

IMG_2022.JPG

Yum.

Nothing goes better with hamburgers than roasted potatoes and ketchup.

IMG_2020.JPG

With a side of roasted asparagus for some green.

IMG_2024.JPG

A complete meal.

I had the last peach cupcake for dessert.

IMG_2035.JPG

I told you I wasn’t sharing with Derek. πŸ˜‰

We just popped in Limitless and are about to turn in for the night.

Good Night!

1 Lauren August 25, 2011 at 8:55 pm

Mighty Maple is better on those graham crackers. Just sayin’. πŸ™‚
Lauren recently posted..Guest Post: A Local Day in South Central PA

2 Shaya (Eye Girl Eats) August 25, 2011 at 8:58 pm

You are making me want to put everything sweet in my kitchen on top of graham crackers! should probably buy some then…

Do you think maybe this meat craving might have to do with an iron deficiency? Occasionally red meat cravings = your body’s way of trying to acquire iron from your diet.
…not that craving a burger isn’t a normal and natural thing though haha
Shaya (Eye Girl Eats) recently posted..Hot Potato

3 Maren August 25, 2011 at 9:02 pm

I would love a peach cupcake! I definitely wouldn’t share either.
Maren recently posted..tofu blues

4 Lynne August 25, 2011 at 9:10 pm

Limitless is the worst movie I have seen in some time, in my opinion. I’ll be curious to see what you think!

5 Cait's Plate August 25, 2011 at 9:11 pm

Sometimes you just need a little meat in your life πŸ™‚

That burger looks AWESOME.
Cait’s Plate recently posted..Again!

6 Sana August 25, 2011 at 9:13 pm

Yay! I would def not share πŸ™‚
Sana recently posted..I Think Everyone Should Be Vegan

7 Army Amy* August 25, 2011 at 9:15 pm

I love Graham crackers!*
Army Amy* recently posted..Tyler Rose, let the planning begin

8 Kate (What Kate is Cooking) August 25, 2011 at 9:15 pm

Peanut butter and graham crackers are the best together! When I was a kid, my mom used to pack them for my lunch with cream cheese, too- the crackers would get all soft from sitting in my backpack all day, which for some reason made them taste even better πŸ™‚
Kate (What Kate is Cooking) recently posted..Frozen Dinners and a New Nut Butter

9 Katie @ cooklaughmove August 26, 2011 at 10:12 am

Yes! Squishy graham crackers with peanut butter or frosting were my mom’s go-to “cookie” for us, when we wanted something sweet!
Katie @ cooklaughmove recently posted..Running Errands

10 Christine @ BookishlyB August 25, 2011 at 9:21 pm

I always forget about graham crackers! Dang! My mom used to put frosting on them for us when we were a kid- super healthy πŸ˜‰
Christine @ BookishlyB recently posted..The Story of Cordelia and Chomsky

11 Deva (Voracious Vorilee) August 25, 2011 at 9:35 pm

Mmm.. I love burgers! I cna’t wait to hear what you think of Limitless – it was the movie in my gym’s cinema room a few weeks back and I only got to see the first 20 minutes or so during my workout.
Deva (Voracious Vorilee) recently posted..Random Confessions

12 Jenny @ Fitness Health and Food August 25, 2011 at 9:42 pm

mmmm burgers and cupcakes πŸ™‚
Jenny @ Fitness Health and Food recently posted..Just Because WIAW {What I Ate Wednesday}

13 Stacy August 25, 2011 at 10:47 pm

The peanut butter looks awesome! I just placed an order for some of that, and the pepita butter and trail mix. Thanks for the tip : )

14 Brittany @ Itty Bits of Balance August 25, 2011 at 11:17 pm

Why haven’t I thought of putting nut butter on graham crackers before!? I put it just about on everything else already…
Brittany @ Itty Bits of Balance recently posted..Things I’m Lovin’ Thursday: 4th Edition

15 Sara August 25, 2011 at 11:25 pm

Aaah, the last of the cupcakes. I can understand keeping it for yourself.
Sara recently posted..Sunday at the Summit

16 Dee @ Confessions of a Happy Girl August 25, 2011 at 11:44 pm

Graham crackers….yummmm! You should try making them yourself. They’re so much better than storebought!

17 ashley @ cooking for john August 25, 2011 at 11:45 pm

we just watched limitless on sunday, i loved it!

18 Chuck August 26, 2011 at 2:33 am

Next time throw some some marshmallow fluff on the graham cracker too! I used to use make that a lot before workouts!
Chuck recently posted..Coconut Meat Sauce

19 Yolie @ Practising Wellness August 26, 2011 at 5:39 am

Mmm…those burgers look gooood…and i don’t even eat meat that much, lol! πŸ˜› They’re tempting me though…they look so juicy and succulent!
Okay, Naturally Nutty White Chocolate Coconut Peanut Butter?!? Sounds like my DREAM come true in nut butter form! πŸ˜› Where did you get it?! πŸ˜€ xyx
Yolie @ Practising Wellness recently posted..in print

20 Anna August 26, 2011 at 6:47 am

You are awesome, peanut butter on a cracker? What a great idea, I’ll have to try this, I am sure my kids and I will love it!
Anna recently posted..How the hell did I get so damn obbsessed about teeth?

21 Corey @ Learning Patience August 26, 2011 at 7:35 am

Boy do I miss fresh asparagus! We never get it here! Looks tasty!

xoxo from Trinidad
Corey @ Learning Patience recently posted..A Geography Lesson

22 Hope August 26, 2011 at 8:48 am

Those burgers look delicious! I love putting them on a salad instead of roll. πŸ™‚
Hope recently posted..A Dinner Bargain!…

23 Mary @ Bites and Bliss August 26, 2011 at 9:16 am

Graham crackers & PB = love.
Mary @ Bites and Bliss recently posted..That’s a lot in 24 hours.

24 Kari August 26, 2011 at 10:16 am

Oh I loved Limitless – mostly because I had low expectations probably, but I thought it was really entertaining.

I’ve been wondering what to do with my leftover graham crackers – maybe I will eat them with peanut butter.
Kari recently posted..Before and After

25 Ashley @ Coffee Cake and Cardio August 26, 2011 at 11:00 am

your dinner looks amazing!!! I think I’m in need of iron!

26 Cat @Breakfast to Bed August 26, 2011 at 11:11 am

I really really want to shave chocolate on that pb/graham combo.
Cat @Breakfast to Bed recently posted..Funky, Fresh, Friday. Frittata Sandwich

27 Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife August 26, 2011 at 11:27 am

I did not love that movie….what did you think??

Like your snack-looks delish!
Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife recently posted..Broccoli Slaw Salad

28 KatieG. @ Just Roll With It August 26, 2011 at 5:43 pm

ha, I never share desserts with my bf. it works out because he’s not really into sweets, but it can also backfire too because I end up eating them all if they are in the house! Oreo cookies are officially banned from my house!
KatieG. @ Just Roll With It recently posted..Week After Tri

29 Jessica @ Sushi and Sit-Ups August 26, 2011 at 7:53 pm

I love anything that’s “heavy on the garlic.” It’s a staple ingredient in my house!