HIM Training: Week 11

by Meghann on August 24, 2011

ekkk…. I know I’m running late on this, but I’ve been having HIM training amnesia lately. I promise I’m back now, but in case I forget again – here’s a recap of previous weeks:

A short in the dark with the original Week 11 plan

Screen shot 2011-08-24 at 12.59.15 PM.png

What really went down

Screen shot 2011-08-24 at 1.35.01 PM.png

I knew it was going to be a light week of training, so I planned accordingly. No need to push too hard when you’re planning an event for 225 of your closest friends.

Monday

Tuesday

Wednesday

Thursday

Friday

Saturday

Sunday

Totals

• Swim: 2000 yds
  • Bike: 45 miles
  • Run: 16 miles
  • Walk: 3.1 miles

Honestly, with the week I had – I’m ecstatic about those numbers. I gave myself attainable goals in what I knew was going to be a high stress situation and did what i could. Not having a bike or pool in Philly really messed with my numbers, but at least it forced me to focus on running. The highlight of the week was waking up at 4:40am on Saturday to run. There’s nothing more motivating than meeting 20 other dedicated runners at 5:00am, in a new city, for a long run before a full day of events.

After a slow week, I’m finding it difficult to get back in the groove this week – it’s like a domino effect I’m trying to push to the side. I need to be strong, there’s only a month left after all. πŸ˜‰

FOOD!

IMG_1960.JPG

I stuffed a pita with left over chicken nuggets, spinach, roasted red peppers, and hummus for lunch today. The nuggets kind of look like meatballs, don’t ya think?

IMG_1954.JPG

On the side a couple of pretzels (probably the only two whole ones left in the bag) with mustard.

IMG_1967.JPG

Totally bummed I never got my amish pretzel in Philly. If only we had known our flight was delayed…

IMG_1965.JPG

Dessert was a special treat.

IMG_1974.JPG

Melissa had sent me a care package of cookies & cream fudge with the intention of bribing me to visit her in southern California.

IMG_1976.JPG

Little does she know that the L.A. area is next on my list of places to travel! πŸ˜‰ I hope to be out there soon to visit my twin brother and all of my California friends!

What’s next on your list of places to travel

1 Allie August 24, 2011 at 2:10 pm

Congrats on accomplishing so much during your busy week, that is pretty impressive!
New York is next on my wish-list! (for the third time…because I cannot get enough of that city!).

2 Casey @ Pocket Full of Sunshine August 24, 2011 at 2:12 pm

I live in the LA area–when you come out, do a blogger meet-up? πŸ™‚ I’d LOVE to meet you and some other bloggers too Meghann!

3 Shaya (Eye Girl Eats) August 24, 2011 at 2:23 pm

If you come to SoCal, let me know too!! I’ll show you around (and I live right next to Disneyland too, if that helps πŸ˜‰ )
Shaya (Eye Girl Eats) recently posted..Frazzled.

4 Heather August 24, 2011 at 2:24 pm

Good job on the training! You’ll find your groove again this week.

Next on my list of places to travel is NYC, NorCal or Florida. I still really want to go to the Harry Potter park in Orlando!
Heather recently posted..Sports Sunday: Arizona Diamondbacks Bark in the Park

5 Cait's Plate August 24, 2011 at 2:31 pm

Love all the Philly runs! And holy cow – that dessert looks amazing. I would happily take it off your hands for you if need be! πŸ™‚
Cait’s Plate recently posted..Lunchtime Reading

6 Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife August 24, 2011 at 2:42 pm

My next trip is to CO for a family reunion. WOOT!

Love the recap πŸ™‚ And that pic with all the bloggers in front of the L.O.V.E is classic!!
Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife recently posted..What Are Carbohydrates ?

7 Nikki August 24, 2011 at 2:43 pm

I’d say that those are some impressive workout stats for all you had on your plate last week! πŸ™‚

8 Victoria (District Chocoholic) August 24, 2011 at 2:45 pm

There was a 23 yard pool at the HLS hotel πŸ™‚
Victoria (District Chocoholic) recently posted..Max Brenner’s: All-Chocolate in Philadelphia

9 Meghann August 24, 2011 at 3:28 pm

There was?!?! Ahhhh – how did I miss that?!

10 Victoria (District Chocoholic) August 25, 2011 at 10:37 am

You probably missed it because you don’t have my unhealthy obsession with locating pools everywhere I go. Swimming addiction.

11 Ashley August 24, 2011 at 2:46 pm

We just moved to Portland, Oregon, so I’ll next trip will probably be back home to Kansas for Christmas.

12 erica August 24, 2011 at 2:48 pm

i want to go to california, new york, korea, europe, japan…
my list is long. ;p
erica recently posted..death of a ribbon bouquet…

13 michelle August 24, 2011 at 2:53 pm

My husband and I are moving to Germany in 14 days for 3 years and I have plans to travel Europe. I think the first trip will be to Frankfurt when I run a marathon there in October.
michelle recently posted..Target Practice

14 Ashley O. @ The Vegetable Life August 24, 2011 at 2:58 pm

You are going to rock your half ironman coming up with the training plan you have been following… and that fudge, omg that fudge, looks amazing!!!

My next place to travel is either The Grand Canyon, Niagra Falls, or Ireland!
Ashley O. @ The Vegetable Life recently posted..What I Ate Wednesday – "I Have The Best Husband Ever" Edition

15 Amanda @ Cucina Amanda August 24, 2011 at 3:13 pm

I’m actually leaving for my honeymoon in Italy and Sicily on Sunday. But after that trip, my husband (in 3 days!!!) and I are going to NYC a number of times, then Orlando, and then Costa Rica! We also have our next big vacation already in the works for next year!
Amanda @ Cucina Amanda recently posted..La Fourno

16 Meghann August 24, 2011 at 3:29 pm

Wow! Sounds like a great plan of travels! And CONGRATS!!! 3 days?!?!?! Wowza!

17 Jordan @ food, sweat, and beers August 24, 2011 at 3:21 pm

In my dreams? Greece.

HOWEVER, in my reality: ORLANDO! Give me Harry Potter or give me death.
Jordan @ food, sweat, and beers recently posted..Healthy Living Summit: Saturday Sessions

18 Meghann August 24, 2011 at 3:28 pm

Come to Orlando and I’ll show you Harry Potter!!! Derek and I have annual passes, but I haven’t been in a while. Did you talk to my littler brother at HLS? He got engaged there!

19 Emily@SavoryandSavage August 24, 2011 at 4:32 pm

When you head down to Southern California swing on up to the San Fran area – tons of fellow bloggers up north πŸ™‚

The chicken nuggets do look like meatballs.
Emily@SavoryandSavage recently posted..Greens in the morning

20 Michelle @ Crazy*Running*Legs August 24, 2011 at 4:44 pm

Savannah is next (woo! marathon time!), then Las Vegas and Miami for half marathons, Charleston for a bachelorette party, and the FINALLY Sonoma Valley for my little brother’s wedding (next May). I don’t which one I’m most excited about (OK – definitely Sonoma!).

Great job last week considering all of the stress you were under!!
Michelle @ Crazy*Running*Legs recently posted..Confession Wednesday: Scaredy Cat

21 Meghann August 24, 2011 at 4:49 pm

Ahhhh…. my siblings and I STILL need to book a hotel for Savannah. I have a feeling we may be sleeping in the back of Kelly’s SUV with our lack of motivation to find one…

22 Michelle @ Crazy*Running*Legs August 24, 2011 at 5:12 pm

I booked rooms for Paula and I (a few weeks ago) through Hotwire for $45 a night. Nothing is available downtown – but we’re staying a (reasonable and not scary) hotel North of Savannah. We didn’t realize we had to book our rooms so early – lesson learned!

23 Jessica @ Healthy Dairyland August 24, 2011 at 5:19 pm

Yum! That fudge looks sooo good. Southern California is such a fun place to visit. The next place I will be traveling to is Boston this October, and I can’t wait!

24 Hillary August 24, 2011 at 5:27 pm

My next trip is to CT for my best friend’s wedding, but my boyfriend and I are also in the process of figuring out a place to celebrate our 5 year anniversary. We’re thinking Charlottsville, or maybe Savannah!
Hillary recently posted..Why

25 Alexa @ Simple Eats August 24, 2011 at 5:29 pm

That cookies and cream fudge looks awesome! It would bribe me to come there!
Alexa @ Simple Eats recently posted..Writer’s Block

26 Beth (Well I'll Be) August 24, 2011 at 5:31 pm

You did a lot on the working out front considering how much you had going on. Good for you!!

27 Melissa @ TryingToHeal August 24, 2011 at 5:41 pm

Yay!!!! I’m glad they got there and are still intact and not all crumbly!!! And yes, tell me when you’re coming to CA!!!!! I miss you lady!
Melissa @ TryingToHeal recently posted..Mountain Festival

28 CJ @ http://healthy-happy-whole.com/ August 24, 2011 at 6:17 pm

Speaking of travel I’m dying To know where you booked your cruise??? I always love hearing about peoples upcoming destinations!! If I could go anywhere it would probably be France and Germany. A nice little tour through both countries would be awesome! A girl can dream right??

29 Meaghan O'Connor @ My Spoonful of Inspiration August 24, 2011 at 6:44 pm

I would LOVE to tour the east coast!
Meaghan O’Connor @ My Spoonful of Inspiration recently posted..More?

30 Jessica @ Sushi and Sit-Ups August 24, 2011 at 7:47 pm

Great training week despite the fact that you were crazy busy! Way to what you were able to in! My next travel destinations will all revolve around weddings: Clearwater Beach, Chicago and Boston!

31 Alaina August 24, 2011 at 7:55 pm

Next on my trip list is DC and Charlotte, North Carolina. I’ve been to DC before but not NC. Very excited! πŸ™‚
Alaina recently posted..First Year Blogiversary and Giveaway!

32 Rachel August 24, 2011 at 8:32 pm

i just got back from a long roadtrip! my next vacation (aka weekend getaway) is going to be Austin, Texas, with a possible trip to NYC before that. as summer ends, so does my freedom πŸ™

and as to your comment about your chicken nuggets looking like meatballs, i at first thought it was falafel! looks delicious either way πŸ™‚

33 Mary August 24, 2011 at 9:17 pm

Just went to Orlando (with the whole family) and Napa (with my husband only) in July. Next trip planned is a short overnight trip with my sister for my first half marathon in Holland, MI. Great job on your training last week! I am looking forward to your race recap from Augusta. Hope you find a hotel.

34 BroccoliHut August 24, 2011 at 9:45 pm

Reading your blog always makes me crave pretzels!!
Love your cute little dessert plate.
BroccoliHut recently posted..It’s All Gravy

35 Corey August 24, 2011 at 9:48 pm

Hi Meghann! I just found your blog! I am doing Augusta as my first HIM too so it is fun to read all about your training! Good luck…less than 6 weeks! Eeeeeek!!!

36 Heather August 24, 2011 at 10:26 pm

I think you had an awesome workout week considering HLS! I totally would have bailed on most of that stuff due to pure stress and lack of time, way to go!
my next travel plans are actually to orlando in September! Than I have a ton of expos to go to and races to run (I think) all over the place!
Heather recently posted..Dealing with Blog Negativity

37 Emily @ Comfortable Home Life August 24, 2011 at 10:31 pm

My next trip is to Orlando in January for the Disney Marathon! I just got back from a trip to Southern California — it was beautiful! I loved San Diego. Not so much L.A… but at least I can say I’ve been there! πŸ™‚
Emily @ Comfortable Home Life recently posted..Easy Fruit Popsicles

38 Ali @ Ali Runs August 25, 2011 at 8:26 am

Congrats on fitting in all of your training!! It is better to give yourself attainable goals and succeed. I still need to work on this. πŸ™‚
Ali @ Ali Runs recently posted..Philadelphia Marathon Training: Terrific Twelve

39 Katie G> August 25, 2011 at 9:53 am

Def. Boston! I’ve driven through Boston twice now on my way to NH, but I really want to go back and visit Boston for all of the fun things I have head it has to offer!
Katie G> recently posted..Team In Training Experience

40 Brittany in TX August 26, 2011 at 7:31 pm

Have fun traveling to LA!!! BTW if you were planning on going to any of the Amish places in Reading Terminal on Sunday your wouldn’t have been able to get anything from them because they are closed Sun-Tues.