Back in the Saddle

by Meghann on August 23, 2011

Good Morning!

After a week of forgetting I was training for a half ironman, it felt good to just back in the saddle on the bike today.

I met my friend Courtney at a local trailhead for an easy brick workout this morning. We did 12 easy miles on the bike (and she was kind enough to let me rehash every single detail from Healthy Living Summit), then followed up with 4 miles on foot.

The sun was brutal, so we kept the run slow. I’m not sure how much longer I can take the heat.

After our brick workout we headed back to Courtney’s for breakfast.

She made her version of a saag paneer scramble. Basically it’s all the components of saag paneer mixed in with eggs instead of pureed.

It was delicious. Hats off to the chef!

Courtney and i are playing hooky for the morning and seeing the 10:30am showing of The Help. Did you know before movies before noon are only $6 at the theater? Score!

1 Casey @ Pocket Full of Sunshine August 23, 2011 at 9:57 am

How fun—hope you enjoy it! I’ve heard great things—let us know your opinion!

2 Lisa August 23, 2011 at 9:57 am

Man, I feel like everyone is making paneer today. Maybe I should jump on the bandwagon….

Definitely going to jump on the biking bandwagon! It’s a beautiful day!
Lisa recently posted..Lisa’s Story #12: Look, Mom! We’re Famous

3 kristy @ kristyruns August 23, 2011 at 10:00 am

I’m so with you on being over the heat! Grrr!

Have fun!!
kristy @ kristyruns recently posted..Atlanta Botanical Garden Fun

4 Gina @ running to the kitchen August 23, 2011 at 10:02 am

I’m over the heat too. Yesterday it was 76 on my run at 6pm and it felt like the best thing ever! I don’t want summer to end but I’d like 1-2 hrs a day of cooler weather for workouts πŸ™‚
Gina @ running to the kitchen recently posted..2 ingredient parmesan crisps

5 Cait's Plate August 23, 2011 at 10:03 am

SO excited to hear what you think of The Help! I was torn (had just read the book – thought it was way better).

Have fun playing hooky!!
Cait’s Plate recently posted..No Internet

6 Matteson @ Healthy High Schooler August 23, 2011 at 10:07 am

oh! can’t wait to hear about the movie, I’m thinking about going to see it next weekend. I just finished the book, so I’m afraid it will be a letdown.
Matteson @ Healthy High Schooler recently posted..Long Time, No post

7 Alaina August 23, 2011 at 10:16 am

first thing: you should be on cloud nine after the HLS. Not only did everyone like rave about it but you had the ability to make small time bloggers like myself extremely jealous and motivated to be apart of the blog world some more. Hoping that some day I’m cool enough to meet you!!!
second thing: how the heck do you ride a bike and still have any feeling in your butt? i even have a cushion on my bike seat but I am in intense pain after just 12 miles of riding! I think I need to strap a pillow to my bike
third: loved loved loved the HELP. book of course was better but I hope you enjoy the movie as much as I did. i love emma stone in this movie.

8 Meghann August 23, 2011 at 3:25 pm

Thanks Alaina. πŸ™‚ And wear padded bike shorts – they help a little. Also, I’ve had people tell me you just have to keep riding until your butt just becomes used to it – sort of like breaking in new shoes.

9 Ashley O. @ The Vegetable Life August 23, 2011 at 10:27 am

I love squeezing in matinee or early morning movies because they are sooo cheap! I hate that it costs $11 for a movie ticket now if you want to go about 4pm!
Ashley O. @ The Vegetable Life recently posted..The Last of My Summer Salads

10 The Teenage Taste August 23, 2011 at 10:32 am

Oooh, sound like you two have a fun day planned! Make sure to tell us how you liked The Help! πŸ™‚
The Teenage Taste recently posted..7 Summery Recipes From Healthy Food For Living

11 Meaghan O'Connor @ My Spoonful of Inspiration August 23, 2011 at 10:32 am

New blog reader here! I love your layout and have enjoyed reading your last few posts! Doesn’t it feel good to fall back into routine? πŸ™‚
Meaghan O’Connor @ My Spoonful of Inspiration recently posted..Learning to Live

12 michelle August 23, 2011 at 10:39 am

I saw The Help last weekend and LOVED it. Movies here are $5 before noon so that’s when me and my husband normally go.
michelle recently posted..Frankfurt Marathon Training: Week 8

13 Kate (What Kate is Cooking) August 23, 2011 at 10:44 am

I love matinee movies, but now that school has started they’re a distant memory πŸ™
Kate (What Kate is Cooking) recently posted..Whirlwind Weekend

14 Brittany @ Itty Bits of Balance August 23, 2011 at 10:48 am

I actually just heard about the cheap movie days at the theater! Dingdingdinggggg
Brittany @ Itty Bits of Balance recently posted..Little White Booty

15 Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife August 23, 2011 at 10:57 am

I want to take advantage of the low morning price to see a movie too!

Maybe I’ll do that later this week πŸ™‚ To see ‘The Help’ of course:)
Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife recently posted..Sleep Works

16 Hillary August 23, 2011 at 11:20 am

How have I not seen The Help yet?!
Hillary recently posted..Positively Positive

17 Cat @Breakfast to Bed August 23, 2011 at 11:23 am

I plan on jogging behind my 3yo while he rides his bike. It’s a great day for it.
Cat @Breakfast to Bed recently posted..Familiarity Breeds Content

18 Jessica @ Sushi and Sit-Ups August 23, 2011 at 11:34 am

Looks like a great post-workout breakfast!
Jessica @ Sushi and Sit-Ups recently posted..Food trucks galore

19 Ali @ Ali Runs August 23, 2011 at 11:38 am

I c
Ali @ Ali Runs recently posted..Philadelphia Marathon Training: Terrific Twelve

20 Ali @ Ali Runs August 23, 2011 at 11:40 am

Oops, got a little over zealous with the submit button up there. I loved The Help-obviously, the book was better but I thought they did a great job with the movie!
Ali @ Ali Runs recently posted..Philadelphia Marathon Training: Terrific Twelve

21 Hilary August 23, 2011 at 12:07 pm

I’ve never done a morning movie…good tip!
Hilary recently posted..A new day has dawned at HLS

22 allpointswhole August 23, 2011 at 12:31 pm

I bet it did! Awesome stuff!

23 Mallory @ It's Only Life August 23, 2011 at 12:42 pm

That is an adorable bowl. Haha.
Mallory @ It’s Only Life recently posted..Awesome Almonds Giveaway

24 Heather @ Get Healthy with Heather August 23, 2011 at 1:28 pm

Chattering during a workout makes it FLY by. Way to get back on track πŸ™‚
Heather @ Get Healthy with Heather recently posted..In My Belly: Day 1 {Get Back on Track}

25 Jordan @ food, sweat, and beers August 23, 2011 at 2:06 pm

Bah, I just got the book and feel like I need to up my game to finish it (along with the book I’m currently reading) before the movie leaves theaters. Then again, it’ll probably save me at least $5 if I wait for it to be on the redbox….

Decisions, decisions.

To sum it up: I love Emma Stone.
Jordan @ food, sweat, and beers recently posted..Healthy Living Summit Weekend: The Eats

26 Mary @ Bites and Bliss August 23, 2011 at 3:26 pm

Right along with you on this heat. I want it GONE!
Mary @ Bites and Bliss recently posted..Savoring the rush

27 Shaya (Eye Girl Eats) August 23, 2011 at 9:56 pm

Yumm. Can you or she post up the recipe for the saag scramble??
Shaya (Eye Girl Eats) recently posted..So Last Night…

28 Sophie August 24, 2011 at 7:39 am

That is a cute <3 bowl!
Sophie recently posted..Walkies.

29 Allison August 24, 2011 at 1:10 pm

Morning movie= ultimate time! Unfortunately, not many people like going that early :/ I think the movie theater prices have gone up recently- $11.50 and 3-D is $14-15?! Rumor has it they’re taking away 3-D movies within the next year…
Allison recently posted..β€œI’m gonna chop it off and cut it up and make some guacaMOLEEE!”